Madrona Labs Sumu

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Borbolactic wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:55 am Tell you what...

Randy said, December.
So?
Let's just wait until December then.
Now I realize it was announced a few years ago, but he did say December, right?
So?
Let's just wait until December of this year.
And if it doesn't show up, we can assume he meant December of next year last year when he knew we would be waiting this year.
:dog: well, yes, you're right! :tu:

i'm shure its coming in a few months no worries

Randy may also be working on an AI plugin that works with Vutu/Sumu (sort of like that MicroMusic for Vital), which could be ready in a few short years-- maybe months!

Billed as a 'classic old school AI synth emulation' (like Synplant2 and the like), we will be so bored of creating our own AI synths from scratch using AI, that it will be most welcomed!

Can't wait!

Is anyone in the beta/alpha ? How is it advancing haha

Ed A. wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:34 am Saw this on an email Madrona Labs sent to me, I'm very interested:

"There will be one more semi-modular Madrona Labs instrument before I set out for less-charted territory. 'What about a Madrona Labs take on additive synthesis?' This was a question somebody asked me at least two years ago. Since then the idea has been drifting, gaining an ever-less-vague shape. Diagrams and prototypes have been made. It even has a name: Sumu. Think fog banks, murmurations, impressionist painting with sounds. Spring 2018."

I wonder what he means by "less-charted territory"?
Wow, spring 2018! I was just a kid!

Maybe 'less charted territory 'means he's stranded on a desert island with Sumu!

Like that Wilson ball!

It's probably long-finished and all Randy has to do is be rescued!

And all we've been seeing at Madrona Labs and You Tube were automated messages and reruns and so not current!

Maybe the surviving alpha/beta-testers went crazy or died of starvation!

Maybe they tried to answer that 'Only one synth on an island, which would you take?' question with Sumu, literally, and it got the better of them!

So good was Sumu, that they didn't notice when their boat started to float away!

tlkmx wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:14 am Is anyone in the beta/alpha ? How is it advancing haha
i think we're all curious about this. i can't remember but something about the windows version or vst3 was left to do a while back.. no idea where it's at now. maybe someone will let us know.

i'm still messing w/VUTU now and then to make partials and stuff.

I know ppl on this group are into it but they probably cannot share much idk i just need the hype.
While not the same think i'm gonna get synplant 2 while waiting lol

bruuuh its months passing

tlkmx wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:44 pm bruuuh its months passing
If Madrona Labs could hold out until 2027, it would be a wonderful way to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Sumu's announcement.
Also, by then, some of us will have retired and so will have more time to make music. Maybe that's the idea.

Fingers crossed they don't announce it next because the tidal wave of Superbooth announcements will probably bury it.

One thing I've learned through all this is to never trust any estimate that Randy provides. I mean, :lol:

Sumu or Zebra 3 - which will win award for longest time from announcement til fulfillment?

crawlingwind wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:22 pm Sumu or Zebra 3 - which will win award for longest time from announcement til fulfillment?
I wonder how many people bought ZebraHZ only to pass away before they get their free Zebra 3 upgrade. I'm writing my license into my will, just in case. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It's here! (In early access anyway)

https://madronalabs.com/products/sumu

Return to “Instruments”