Bitwig 50% off sale!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bidule has propriety audio and midi modules which can interconnect with Clap and VST plugins. You can group any modules and freely name them and then save them. Likely the modulation is superior in Bitwig.

I like modular environments because one can route the plugins in any way and then to be able to easily see the connections then edit them as one desires. Great that the BW modules can be directly manipulated on the Grid and no need to open them to use. I have zero interest in designing my own instruments.

Gotta say the multi-touch is very well implemented. But then Studio One and FL Studio are not far behind.

BitWig 6 this year? Hmm, and may have ARA?
Ok, I will look a bit closer to BW.
The reason I even looked at BitWig is because of my wanDAWlust and the 50% off sale put it in the possible to buy range.

FL Studio has been promising ARA for several years now. So for me the current contenders for me are Studio One and Reaper.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:05 am Bidule has propriety audio and midi modules which ....
....FL Studio has been promising ARA for several years now. So for me the current contenders for me are Studio One and Reaper.
We are looking for different things in a DAW and for me Bitwig nails all the big things I am expecting from a DAW and beyond.
But
My experience may be totally irrelevant for you. That's the limitation of a forum. You need to demo and spend a reasonable amount of time with each DAW.

Just by reading the forums I would certainly have chosen Ableton but after few months of side by side demo, I finally made my own, tailor-made choice.

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:38 am BUT, the grid is not your way to be modular. Bitwig IS modularity and I do believe that there is no other environment where you can be as modular with external VSTs.

The main reason for that is CLAP.
I think it is pretty modular even without CLAP. It's so easy to group things, to add channels and local sends, to create and edit fx chains. For creative mixing, it's a dream. Nothing has such good workflow.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:16 am Jac459 and dellboy,
Sorry, meant to write Grid. Thanks for catching my error. Really need to be able to easily connect the BW modules to the VSTi nd VSTfx modules just like in Bidule and Mulab and other modular environments.

That the ARA may arrive late of not at all is not good news. These two missing features make is a deal breaker for me. Really too bad as BW is such a nice DAW. Recently had wanDAWlust that is why I was looking at BW.
What is it you are doing with your DAW that needs those two things? I'm very curious.

I think Bitwig already hooks up with FX pretty well, and has a lot of routing options ev n outside the grid. (sorry not sure about inside the grid for fx routing)

And whar so you need ARA for? Just for melodyne?

Thanks Bitwig. I picked up an upgrade as mine had just expired.

I'll likely wait until 5.2 official is released and I've tested it properly for the GUI improvements.

Personally it's the fiasco of Live 12's broken incomplete online only manual with obvious mistakes that haven't been fixed in months that makes me think about Bitwig over Live. Ableton although one of the few independent DAWs out there, has become so monolithic and "monopoly like" that they're not actively fixing the manual. The best excuse for an online only manual is and always will be that changes can be implemented quickly, but Ableton by not at least working on it are basically putting the middle finger to their customers.

I 100% get money grabs, it's what businesses do, make money, but to not work on the manual for a new product to rely on clout and influencers to walk people through new features.. :dog:

_leras wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:36 pm
Sorry, meant to write Grid. Thanks for catching my error. Really need to be able to easily connect the BW modules to the VSTi nd VSTfx modules just like in Bidule and Mulab and other modular environments.

That the ARA may arrive late of not at all is not good news. These two missing features make is a deal breaker for me. Really too bad as BW is such a nice DAW. Recently had wanDAWlust that is why I was looking at BW.
What is it you are doing with your DAW that needs those two things? I'm very curious.

I think Bitwig already hooks up with FX pretty well, and has a lot of routing options ev n outside the grid. (sorry not sure about inside the grid for fx routing)

For ARA it is for Melodyne and for SpectraLayers. Yes I can do this with Melodyne and SpectraLayers as stand alone or as VST's but ARA simplifies the workflow. Ok, ARA is not a 100% deal breaker but not sure what it would take to proceed to a DAW without it.

As for the modular environment I just love the freedom it offers to route the modules and to edit the routing. Bidule and others one can mix the native modules, midi and audio fx and instruments in the same environment. It seems that his is not true in BW. Perhaps I can adjust to the BW workflow.

edit: I really like FL Studio and Mulab but they will not become my main DAW's at they do not include ARA implementation. They can run as VST's in my main DAW.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 am

For ARA it is for Melodyne and for SpectraLayers. Yes I can do this with Melodyne and SpectraLayers as stand alone or as VST's but ARA simplifies the workflow. Ok, ARA is not a 100% deal breaker but not sure what it would take to proceed to a DAW without it.

As for the modular environment I just love the freedom it offers to route the modules and to edit the routing. Bidule and others one can mix the native modules, midi and audio fx and instruments in the same environment. It seems that his is not true in BW. Perhaps I can adjust to the BW workflow.

edit: I really like FL Studio and Mulab but they will not become my main DAW's at they do not include ARA implementation. They can run as VST's in my main DAW.
I find Bitiwig to be extraordinarily modular. Can you explain the modularity you want to achieve (outside the grid I mean, I know your want to integrate VSTs)?

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:17 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 am

Bidule and others one can mix the native modules, midi and audio fx and instruments in the same environment. see https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/

I find Bitiwig to be extraordinarily modular. Can you explain the modularity you want to achieve (outside the grid I mean, I know your want to integrate VSTs)?
The BitWig Grid is very nice! I only wish that it handled third party plugins like Bidule.

See Bidule https://web.archive.org/web/20170926075 ... ts/bidule/
more
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ule+plogue

I finally bought the full version due to this sale, almost exclusively due to the CLAP and MPE support

runagate wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:21 pm I finally bought the full version due to this sale, almost exclusively due to the CLAP and MPE support
Cool, welcome to the family 😃.

You HAVE to play with the modulation system though. It is a paradigm shift.

Man too much stuff to buy lately, think I can only manage a single code, oh well, maybe in another 10 yrs. :lol:

*Fortunately this sale came up as I was about to expire as well. :tu:
Last edited by pekbro on Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jac459 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 pm
runagate wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:21 pm I finally bought the full version due to this sale, almost exclusively due to the CLAP and MPE support

It really is,I was just thinking right before reading this how easy and fun and fast it is to do things in Bitwig that would take so much more time automating and linking to controllers and what not in Fl Studio. And I love how I can easily bring a static VST to life,although using Bitwig I’ve found that I don’t feel the need to use 3rd party plugins as much and actually want to try and use all the stock devices together. Crazy stuff,very exciting really. Even if a few things are missing it’s really the perfect DAW in my opinion

ChanceB wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 pm

It really is,I was just thinking right before reading this how easy and fun and fast it is to do things in Bitwig that would take so much more time automating and linking to controllers and what not in Fl Studio. And I love how I can easily bring a static VST to life,although using Bitwig I’ve found that I don’t feel the need to use 3rd party plugins as much and actually want to try and use all the stock devices together. Crazy stuff,very exciting really. Even if a few things are missing it’s really the perfect DAW in my opinion
Well, it depends of your workflow but for me I ended my hunt here. There is no chance I change DAW anytime soon.

Another thing you can try with the modulation is have global modulations and make them control different things in many different parts of your track and use it for a transition. Or even use them to have 2 different verses. (You silence or open tracks, you change an arpegiator pattern, you open a filter, you add a reverb wetness...).
With one knob controlling so many things in your song it really opens some mixing and arranging possibilities.

It you are using the devices of Bitwig, you have to play with the voice stacking. It is a bit geeky and not instantly rewarding but it is a unison like you never seen before.

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 am
ChanceB wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 pm

Well, it depends of your workflow but for me I ended my hunt here. There is no chance I change DAW anytime soon.

Another thing you can try with the modulation is have global modulations and make them control different things in many different parts of your track and use it for a transition. Or even use them to have 2 different verses. (You silence or open tracks, you change an arpegiator pattern, you open a filter, you add a reverb wetness...).
With one knob controlling so many things in your song it really opens some mixing and arranging possibilities.

It you are using the devices of Bitwig, you have to play with the voice stacking. It is a bit geeky and not instantly rewarding but it is a unison like you never seen before.
This is a very cool idea ,something I never thought of. I’m very new to Bitwig and have only scratched the surface of what it’s capable of but I feel like the possibilities are endless and that I could be quite happy with only Bitwigs built in stuff. I haven’t felt this way with other DAWs. It’s very cohesive and works as a system.

Return to “Bitwig”