Sylenth1 Awesome Alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Hi Guys,

I'd love to fork over $$ for Sylenth1, but to be honest... the fact it hasn't been updated for so long is a bit of a let down. With no news, I'd rather put my money elsewhere.

What would you guys recommend over it?

I've tried Massive, FM8, Zebra and a few others... none of them grabbed me in the same way Sylenth1 did. Each to his own.

What do you love? What's the hidden gem?

Z3ta.
You are currently reading my signature.

Check out Diversion - it's brilliant:

http://dmitrysches.com/diversion

Modern design, sound quality is excellent. Needs powerful system to run, but results are definitely worth it.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Antidote

Haven't heard of diversion.. looks good :P Might give that one a go tonight.

+1 on Z3ta2
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

You should have a listen to Z3TA, you might like it.

https://soundcloud.com/refxaudio/vengea ... z3ta-vol-1
:borg:

Sylenth1 had a bug fix for Windows 8 so it is still supported. DIVA is the alternative.

Try DiscoDSP Corona. Actively developed, great sound. Straight forward like sylenth1 but far more flexible. Even better arp.

Frequent sale too. You can often find a 30% of coupon offered in the marketplace.

Play it by ear

SonicAcademy "Ana"

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I've been looking for a Sylenth equivalent/replacement for a while now due to its lack of a promising future. However I've heard different things about what makes Sylenth so great: some say it's the simplicity, others say it has an "warm, analog sound", others say it has a "virus-like sound", others say its the presets which sound great, but very few say there's nothing special about it. Understanding why you want a sylenth replacement may help your decision...for example it seems as if there are more "Analog sounding" softsynths out there, yet Sylenth still gets a lot of attention.

Heard some great things about DUNE? Many argue it's a Sylenth killer and puts end to the debate, but some still cling to Sylenth. Dune sounds more "creamy" and "smooth" and less "virusy" than Sylenth does (to me at least), but I've only used DUNE CM and the demo of Sylenth.

Heard from somewhere Sonic Academy's ANA was supposed to be really good; that its Sylenth's successor. It definently deserves more attention; I may pick it up if I hear some positive reviews on how it compares to Sylenth. V. 1.5 just came out, too. Its probably worth mentioning ANA is incredibly cheap; especially if you are a SA subscriber. If anyone has this and Sylenth, a comparison would be much appreciated.

Tone2's Saurus was supposed to be analog sounding, but it never got much attention, and now with Rayblaster out, it seems Tone2 doesn't seem to be giving it much attention either (I'm sure they'll update it, but it never got the initial attention to warrant it being up ther with the likes of DUNE for a supposed Sylenth replacement).

Many like the immediacy of Sylenth's presets. For those, Nexus 2 may be a good choice, however it requires a dongle :(

Omnisphere is also supposed to be a great sounding synth, too, but it's expensive and CPU hungry.

Synthmaster's in a totally different league. The only reason I bring it up is because I've recreated some of Sylenth's patches in Synthmaster. Even a spectrum analyzer showed the same nuances between patches, and I'm not even that good of a sound designer. It can sound exactly the same (it also can sound like anything because it's so flexible, but that's beside the point). It's also quite CPU efficient; how it pumps out some of its sounds at the CPU level it does is beyond me (Bulent, if you're reading this, that's some Voodoo programming you got going on)? CM had an issue with a free version of Synthmaster, and I believe Beat magazine does too.

KHz One was also supposed to match Sylenth for sound and simplicity, and indeed it does sound fantastic. It's on sale now, I believe, for $50. This doesn't get much attention either.

If its Analog warmth you're after, people drool over u-he's ACE. I've never gotten down and seriously tried it, however, so I can't vouch for it. CPU could be a problem depending on the age of you're machine.

Another warm one is Fabfilter's Twin2. It has a clever modulation system and has some really fantastic presets. Define check it out too. Like ACE, I've heard it's CPU hungry.

Diversion is fantastic, but be careful. Many flock to Sylenth for it's "analog" character (which is an incredibly subjective term). Diversion sounds smooth and "crystalline" (but not sterile). It's a great synth...one of my favorites, just behind Massive and Synthmaster. I say be careful because it's a CPU whore. Some of its patches can bring my i7 with 12 gigs of ram up by 50-70%!!! It may be hungrier than Diva (the Diva demo only brings it up by 30%, and that was before the 1.3 update)

DCAMs synth squad is supposed to be great. I got it for sale during Christmas, but haven't had much time to screw around with it. It sonds fantastic, however, I do know that much. Heard things about it being a CPU eater. Clever modulation here, worth mentioning.

Rob Panen's Predator has been often compared to Sylenth; many claim it has an "edgier, dirtier tone" than Sylenth does, and it's on broad FX are supposedly great. I'd really like to hear more about Preadator in regards to Sylenth as well.

NI's Pro-53 was supposed to be excellent. Too bad it got discontinued. I'm sure it pops up on the marketplace from time to time, though.

Lin Plug and Papen's Albino shares a lot of popularity with Sylenth1, but it's been discontinued. Apparently it has a "cleaner" sound to it; more digital. Linplug is releasing a new flagship synth this year supposedly, however. Many assume this will be the successor to Albino 3.

Don't forget the free one's either. Synth1 and Oatmeal, for example, have had their fair share of argues for them being better than Sylenth. Furthermore, I've recently become obsessed with TALs plugins, notably Noisemaker, which is fantastic (and free).
"FriendZone"

What's wrong with no Sylenth1 updates if it's the sound you like best anyway?

If you're after the same brilliant sound, be sure to try MUX Vst: http://www.mutools.com/mux-product.html

The MUX' user interface is different though as the MUX uses a modular approach. But that's more an advantage than a disadvantage i think.

4damind wrote:SonicAcademy "Ana"
+1 and it's less than half Sylenth1's price

Return to “Instruments”