Sampler for cubase ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit XT

Hi everyone,
I have recently switched from Logic to Cubase, and I miss the EXS sampler. What VST should I replace it with ? What I really like about EXS is that you can import a loop very easily (just by pressing Ctrl+E) and that you can import as many samples as you want in a single instance.
Thanks in advance.

Bitwig Certified Trainer

djeos546 wrote:Hi everyone,
I have recently switched from Logic to Cubase, and I miss the EXS sampler. What VST should I replace it with ? What I really like about EXS is that you can import a loop very easily (just by pressing Ctrl+E) and that you can import as many samples as you want in a single instance.
Thanks in advance.
Give One Small Clue - Grace a look, nice simple sample player and can use keygroups, plus the biggest bonus - It's cheap... I prefer it over Kontakt 5 for my own samples...

Haven't tried the new Tal one though.

djeos546 wrote:What I really like about EXS is that you can import a loop very easily (just by pressing Ctrl+E) and that you can import as many samples as you want in a single instance.
No need to spend money when ShortCircuit is free

breakmixer wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Give One Small Clue - Grace a look, nice simple sample player and can use keygroups, plus the biggest bonus - It's cheap... I prefer it over Kontakt 5 for my own samples...

billcarroll wrote:Check out this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubase- ... ubase.html
Thanks for your answers.
They all seem very good, I'm gonna try a few of them.

Numanoid wrote:
djeos546 wrote:What I really like about EXS is that you can import a loop very easily (just by pressing Ctrl+E) and that you can import as many samples as you want in a single instance.
ShortCircuit is pretty sweet, and is Windows only. If the OP switched from Logic they might still be on a Mac.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Numanoid wrote:
Thanks ! This seemed very nice ! But it's for windows only... Too bad.

djeos546 wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
Thanks in advance.

billcarroll wrote:Check out this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubase- ... ubase.html
Thanks for your answers.
They all seem very good, I'm gonna try a few of them.
Ah, Grace is Windows only too, not sure about the Tal Sampler...

Tal is Mac as well as Windows, not sure if Keygrouping is possible, looks like one shots spread across the keys but up to 4 layers possible simultaneously...I need to demo it myself...

I would just get Halion if I were you.

Return to “Instruments”