Adam Szabo - JP6K synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JP6K Sunrizer Sunrizer synth

This popped up on my radar recently. Never actually heard of it before. It's been around for awhile. It's cheap... it's Synthedit (32-bit) but that hasn't held me back before - for example: Phonec.

It seems to just have a great trancey sound out of the box.

Opinions?

(I know, I know.. download the demo)

Good for the price, but U-He's hive or Synapse's Dune2 do it better (but cost more). I'd demo all 3 and then decide

Its not Synth Edit but it was made with Synthmaker... I have it aswell as Sylenth and Dune 2.5 and still use this Synth very often.. it is cheap light on resources and it does what it says on the tin very well! For those looking for a decent accurate Supersaw sound on a tight budget this would be my goto instrument! :hihi:

Afaik,JP6K emulates supersaw from Roland JP 80x0. Doesn't the Sunrizer synth do exactly the same thing? It's also not expensive and is 64 bit
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

MogwaiBoy wrote:This popped up on my radar recently. Never actually heard of it before. It's been around for awhile. It's cheap... it's Synthedit (32-bit) but that hasn't held me back before - for example: Phonec.

It seems to just have a great trancey sound out of the box.

Opinions?

(I know, I know.. download the demo)
If I want something trancy fast(er than I could get with Hive), jp6k is my go to supersaws synth. Using bitwig so 32-bit isn't a problem ^^

recursive one wrote:Afaik,JP6K emulates supersaw from Roland JP 80x0. Doesn't the Sunrizer synth do exactly the same thing? It's also not expensive and is 64 bit
Afaik, it's loosely based on the JP-8k's supersaw oscillator, but doesn't sound quite like it. For real emulations, there is Diva and Electra2 also has a JP-8k based supersaw oscillator (which sounds excellent btw).

Sunriser only costs $50 still, and it is 64 bit. I would much rather buy that now than JP6K

JP6K, when was it last updated, seems Szabo has left the project behind by now

I think Alex Shore's supersaw JP-4C Reaktor essemble is based on Adam's work.
http://alex-shore.com/jp-4c/

Return to “Instruments”