Repro one price problem?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Hi,

It says that repro one is $69 - but when i go to buy it, it is saying $82.80?!

How am i meant to buy it for $69?

Thank you

Are you sure share-it didn't change the currency?

Probably VAT (82.80 fits 20% of VAT).

No way around it, AFAIK.

Man, VAT sounds awful. 20%, really? Couldn't imagine. One of the best parts of internet shopping is the ability to circumvent the 6% sales tax of my state.

I am in germany here and for me the final price after adding 19% VAT and currency conversion was around 77 €.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

tomflynn wrote:It says that repro one is $69 - but when i go to buy it, it is saying $82.80?!
$69 on the website are USD.
If you purchase from Canada in CAD, Australia in AUD or New Zealand in NZD, all of which are worth less than the USD, it's absolutely normal that a higher CAD/AUD/NZD price would be displayed instead of the USD price.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Ingonator wrote:I am in germany here and for me the final price after adding 19% VAT and currency conversion was around 77 €.
Same here.

pottering wrote:Probably VAT (82.80 fits 20% of VAT).

No way around it, AFAIK.
Of course there is. Who cares if you weren't in the EU by the time you bought your favorite plugin? :)

RedChameau wrote:

No way around it, AFAIK.
Of course there is. Who cares if you weren't in the EU by the time you bought your favorite plugin? :)
Credit Card security. You'll have a hard time purchasing through VPNs/anonymizers or otherwise pretending you're somewhere else. Those sales are often refused or subject to human reviews. Not sure about PayPal, but I think it's set to your home location no matter what?

Urs wrote:
RedChameau wrote:

No way around it, AFAIK.
Credit Card security. You'll have a hard time purchasing through VPNs/anonymizers or otherwise pretending you're somewhere else. Those sales are often refused or subject to human reviews. Not sure about PayPal, but I think it's set to your home location no matter what?
Paypal indeed. No VPN/Proxy required : if the vendor needs the buyer's localization, then Paypal just asks for it with simple input boxes. As recently as the day before yesterday, I was still able to "enjoy" this trick :oops:

(I have nothing against income tax, but VAT being a blind flat-tax, I'm not ashamed. But enough with politics :phones: )

RedChameau wrote:(I have nothing against income tax, but VAT being a blind flat-tax, I'm not ashamed. But enough with politics :phones: )
The other opinion: VAT is the fairest tax. The more expensive goods you can afford, the more tax you pay.

Urs wrote:
RedChameau wrote:(I have nothing against income tax, but VAT being a blind flat-tax, I'm not ashamed. But enough with politics :phones: )
The other opinion: VAT is the fairest tax. The more expensive goods you can afford, the more tax you pay.
Let's hope we didn't open a political pandora's box on KVR, I have a feeling it usually doesn't end well :D

RedChameau wrote:
Urs wrote:
Let's hope we didn't open a political pandora's box on KVR, I have a feeling it usually doesn't end well :D
Nah, no worries... I can move weird stuff to the other forum ;-)

Urs wrote: The other opinion: VAT is the fairest tax. The more expensive goods you can afford, the more tax you pay.
Yeah, it just got some tiny implementation flaws especially in germany... diapers are at 19% ("normal" tax rate), while any boobs mag is at only 7% reduced tax rate, because it's a "press product". A donkey is at 19%, while a hinny is at 7%. But hey, lobbying works good in germany as well :).
And now I need to write something that is actually related to the original thread??.. I don't care in this case, because I got Repro-1 for free... and I love it. Did some playing around in company with my Waldorf Pulse 2 and it's really hard (actually impossible for me) to tell, that Repro-1 isn't actually analogue hardware.

Return to “u-he”