Spaceship Delay from Musical Entropy (KVR DC 16)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spaceship Delay

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:09 pm Is the development still ongoing? Like this delay a lot and hope for some improvement. Thanks.
I'd like to know that too, me and other people consider this the best free delay plugin.

His latest creation :
https://musicalentropy.com/TheGreatEscape.html
The developer is active, but Spaceship Delay hasn't been updated (yet ?).

Still working on it, some updates are already there, but it's a challenge for me to find some time to work properly on it, I'm afraid.

I still plan to do a big update this year, the plug-in will be still free of course. Sorry about the DELAY of the update !

That's good to hear Ivan, sure it'll be great whenever you find the time. I use SSD a lot; a couple of times recently I've demo'ed some delay or other and decided against buying it because, well, SSD can usually do it just as well. :)

Who is still using Spaceship Delay currently?

It's really one of the great audio plugin freebies that stand the test of time.

I hope Ivan is in good health and spirit. Would love to see the update becoming true, if he finds time aside from his more important professional and personal duties.

I stopped using it a good few years ago as it seems to not be kept up and I figured it’d eventually become troublesome. There’s so many delays that we all have (most likely), and although this one is nice, it really wasn’t necessary for me. I wouldn’t even try it out if it was updated, but that’s due to my outlook regarding plugins in general these days.

BackInCheck wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am Who is still using Spaceship Delay currently?

It's really one of the great audio plugin freebies that stand the test of time.

I hope Ivan is in good health and spirit. Would love to see the update becoming true, if he finds time aside from his more important professional and personal duties.
At this point, I can only use the Audio Unit version, as the VST doesn't work on my M1 Mac Studio. I'd love for this to be upgraded (VST3 would be nice!). It's so easy to dial in the delay I hear in my head... unlike other delays that I use.

I'd pay for an update! :)

DMG68 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pmThere’s so many delays that we all have (most likely), and although this one is nice, it really wasn’t necessary for me. I wouldn’t even try it out if it was updated, but that’s due to my outlook regarding plugins in general these days.
I know what you mean, I slimmed right down and just decided to stick with valhalla for 90% of the time with a couple of more out there delays (SandmanPro etc). But still think Spaceship... is near the top of free dealys.

To me, Spaceship Delay's best preset really isn't a delay. I can't remember the preset name but it's a perfect tiny reverb effect that sounds good on vocals.

I've rediscovered it recently, and have used it in a few projects. Great little plugin!
It's more than a delay. There's a phase shifter and tremolo as well.

Return to “Effects”