Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 pm
... as it's a great synth but the CPU demand makes it hard to use. ...
That was my only gripe with it. Everything else was top notch in my book.
Eternitysound VST Banks

I have never had a problem with the CPU demand of Diversion, I have several other synths that are more hungry if I should compare. A Diversion 2 would be my top synth "sequal", I can't come up with any other synth I rather would see major update on.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:22 am I have never had a problem with the CPU demand of Diversion, I have several other synths that are more hungry if I should compare.
I can make a patch in Diversion with only a single Osc that will choke an i7 8700K. Diversion is the single most CPU hungry synth I own and I own dozens. DIVA in Divine Mode would be the only synth I've ever owned that could compete.

If you don't use Diversion's full power then yes it can be CPU friendly but then what's the point ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:35 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:22 am I have never had a problem with the CPU demand of Diversion, I have several other synths that are more hungry if I should compare.
I can make a patch in Diversion with only a single Osc that will choke an i7 8700K. Diversion is the single most CPU hungry synth I own and I own dozens. DIVA in Divine Mode would be the only synth I've ever owned that could compete.

If you don't use Diversion's full power then yes it can be CPU friendly but then what's the point ? :?
I usually don't make my own patches, but rather tweak them. But anything from iZotope I, and to make it relevant, Iris 2, is way more CPU hungry. But also Softube Modular, and some patches in KarmaFX Synth I consider being thirstier than Diversion.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:35 pm

When I was contemplating buying a Modal 002, I first tried to see if I could approximate the sound in software. They’re very expensive. I had an owner send me screen shots of the editor and a recording of the corresponding patch. Anyway, I tried all the usual suspects, including Diversion and Diversion was the only one that came close. Not perfect, but close enough for me... except for one huge problem. To get that close, I had to crank the oversampling, which on my i7 3.4 meant that I couldn’t get more than 2-3 voices on that patch, and the patch was pretty simple. The 002 isn’t terribly complex compared to most software.

Can I still use it? Sure. I don’t always need pristine sound. Did I buy the 002? I did, years later when a rack model came up for a good price. 12 voices of amazing sounding hybrid synthesis and you never run out of resources. I suspect that, with some sort of optimization, Diversion could possibly not compromise audio and be a bit less resource heavy. I hear “hardware” like quality in other VSTs, like Massive X. I recently upgraded my computer, finally ditching my “buy a decent Dell” strategy. So, I’m interested in seeing what kind of performance I’ll get. I may gently over clock it too, as that’s what I configured it to do.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

nusound mind wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 pm I'm finally happy with my vst instrument arsenal, however I'm keeping a spot open for Diversion 2. Hoping one of you out there might be willing to break any potential NDA on whether it's in the works and could drop a hint.

Like said in the Thorn thread a gui update for Diversion in itself would be great to see too.
I wouldn’t hold my breath. 4 years ago he mentioned it being done in 2018, so I imagine he abandoned the project. Still a great synth, though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Alright thanks fellas. Good to be kept up to speed a bit in any case. If he's working on a new different one then that's almost just as good b/c I'm pretty confident it will be something I'll like or be at the very least eager to kick the tires on, so I do look forward to that.

And Teksonic or whomever might in contact with Dmitry through email or however else if you think of it maybe inquire if Diversion will be getting a gui update. I don't know how involved that would be as I'm not a cpu tech guy at all but that's my 1 real big feature request over anything else.

Has anyone heard about the possibility of a Diversion 2? The little synth surprised me by being the most utilized one on my last album. An expanded sampler section would be nice as well as X-Y presets ala Rob Papen's Vecto. While I'm wondering, how about two sequencer lanes ala Hybrid 3. (Yeah, I ask a lot). Ha ha.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 am Has anyone heard about the possibility of a Diversion 2? The little synth surprised me by being the most utilized one on my last album. An expanded sampler section would be nice as well as X-Y presets ala Rob Papen's Vecto. While I'm wondering, how about two sequencer lanes ala Hybrid 3. (Yeah, I ask a lot). Ha ha.
I emailed Dimitry a while ago asking about Thorn and he answered personally... so I wouldn't think he's doing nothing. Not sure about specifics though, but he could well be working on Diversion 2.
i can't really make music

FAS122 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:34 am
Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 am Has anyone heard about the possibility of a Diversion 2? The little synth surprised me by being the most utilized one on my last album. An expanded sampler section would be nice as well as X-Y presets ala Rob Papen's Vecto. While I'm wondering, how about two sequencer lanes ala Hybrid 3. (Yeah, I ask a lot). Ha ha.
I emailed Dimitry a while ago asking about Thorn and he answered personally... so I wouldn't think he's doing nothing. Not sure about specifics though, but he could well be working on Diversion 2.
That'll be sweet. Of course, I'm saying that now, but when the demo comes out, my laptop will start crying because the CPU's getting fried.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Any news?

Return to “Instruments”