Audiority Big Goat, Blue Face and Distortion 1 - Vintage Fuzz and Distortions - New updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Big Goat Blue Face Distortion 1

They look great! I'm seriously contemplating. I'm in the market for a Rat 2 emulation but it seems like without getting a UAD-2 system with their old sharc processors, there's nothing with great reviews. I'm not a fuzz player but the DS1 sounds very good to me! I wonder what's the rest of the chain in the youtube demos.

A Proco RAT is on my ToDo list, as well other pedals (and not exclusively distortions).

Cheers,
Luca

Are we any closer to red fuzz face or distortion 2?

well, not very close at the moment. I'm working on solving a couple of bugs and further optimize the algorithms for the current pedals, so an update will be released by the end of the current year. I want to collect some more pedals to expand the Distortions collection and hopefully make another Pedalboard collection for some modulation pedals.

Then, perhaps a Keeley or a DynaComp clone could "squeeze" somewhere in those plans!

perhaps a Keeley or a DynaComp clone could "squeeze" somewhere in those plans!
well, I tried to "squeeze" Luca so he would persuade with compressor pedals, but...

wait, that didn't come out quite right... oh well.
Last edited by Dullee on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

why does everyone model DS-1, it sounds like ass...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It was my first pedal when I started playing when I was 13yo :) I used to HATE it because it's so buzzy, but later in the years I found out it's great when used for some classic Steve Vai tones. Furthermore, it's a nice design to hack and you can mod it in several ways!

Just my 2 cents ;)

Cheers,
Luca

An HM-2 model would be much better.

Heartfeltdawn wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:14 am An HM-2 model would be much better.
Personally I think we have enough options for hi gain in modelling nowadays and I hate that pedal. Different strokes, though...

Audiority wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:55 am It was my first pedal when I started playing when I was 13yo :) I used to HATE it because it's so buzzy, but later in the years I found out it's great when used for some classic Steve Vai tones. Furthermore, it's a nice design to hack and you can mod it in several ways!

Just my 2 cents ;)

Cheers,
Luca
I learnt it could be quite useful through the proper amp and cab!

Heartfeltdawn wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:14 am An HM-2 model would be much better.
yep, that one at least sounds like ass in a cool way :D (and has a way bigger useful range of its EQ knobs)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I have my eyes on a couple of rare fellas. Can't tell yet, but if I can score them, it'll be a lot of fun :D

Burillo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:25 am
yep, that one at least sounds like ass in a cool way :D (and has a way bigger useful range of its EQ knobs)
Will it make my synths sound like the guitars on Left Hand Path? :D

lol Entombed? :D

Return to “Effects”