questions about sylenth 1 and rapid

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer Sylenth1

hi guys one questions i already have Rapid
so the questions is , is slylenth 1 soundwise different ?

should i invest in sylenth 1 ? or can i replicate all the sounds in Rapid ?

i ask about it because my older projects use sylenth 1 (i was a crackhead but not anymore)
can i replicate all the presets or sound its so different because sylenth 1 have his own sound ?

Try and judge by yourself. I’m sure you could replicate the sounds of s1 with rapid, even if there is a different sound. If I had to make the decision for you, I would stick with rapid.
If you think s1 could add something to your workflow and add different character to your music, go ahead and get this one as well.

Here we go......... :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

hlecram: thanks to you really helped me
Teksonik: this is not a thread about the best synth but rather a thread about the old presets
in sylenth 1 i have 5 presets that i really like and want to replicate the presets in rapid
so this questions goes to the synth designer outhere , because rapid sound colorful and Sylenth 1, too.
With Serum the questions would be easier.

Give it a go. I guess the only one who can judge about this is you anyway.

My 2cents:

You will never match any preset of synth A with synth B... but you´ll get very close in the same ballpark...
Everything else is just a matter of taste...
Rapid is a beast and quite CPU/RAM friendly... I am not sure if Sylenth would add soo much on top

If you buy me a copy of Rapid, I'll have a go at recreating the Sylenth1 patches. :P

Joking aside, which 5 presets are you thinking about. What're their names/sound bank they're in?

Sylenth1 is a little meatier, a tiny bit dirtier in a good way. Rapid is generally very clear and clean until you add some dirt, most filters very clean sounding in Rapid. You can almost certainly do nearly everything Sylenth1 can in Rapid. Albeit with a slightly different sound character. Rapid's wavetables and oscillator inserts open up a lot of sound design options you will not find in Sylenth1. Also Rapid has a by FAR deeper and more flexible modulation system. (But ask if you will you use that ?) If you design your own sounds Rapid will offer significantly greater scope over Sylenth1.

However Sylenth1 may excel at certain sounds over Rapid, possibly bass/low end, it is probably marginally fatter overall than Rapid. They are both good and ideally owning both is the ideal (it seems you owe Lennar now, no ?) .I would suggest for maximum flexibility of sound design Rapid would probably cover more ground.

If you are a preset person Sylenth1 has loads and loads. Rapid does but you pay through the nose for them with their expansions, quite expensive.

Synthman2000: you are the best , the best answer i ever read, many thank for that

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:39 pm Synthman2000: you are the best , the best answer i ever read, many thank for that

The anwer of life...
The answer for who shot Tupac...
The answer why Burger King Fries taste better than McDonalds...
Aint nothing when Synthman2000s answers in the 2019 sylenth1 and rapid thread

from what i've tried last 5-6 years(which is about 98-99% of everything:):):)would say that Sylenth1 can be added to any other synth and always will have it's own character inside the mix,for sure you will need at least 2-3 different synths if consider producing modern music :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXvWdQYg-4

Another perspective would be that you can always pay in installments for Sylenth1. Or... you could get Spire on top of Rapid, which IMO is a great synth to substitute Sylenth1, because it sounds similarly good, if not better for most of the sounds Sylenth1 is acapable of (IMO). There are demos of those synths, so, see for yourself. The thing with Sylenth1 is always that... it's a nice synth, and it sounds good, but, there are dozens of synths which are more capable (i.e. have a bigger feature set), so, one of the few advantages Sylenth1 still has is the low CPU footprint. Apart from that, i think there's better sounding synths with a bigger feature set.

Personally, i really considered back and forth and back and forth, until i purchased Sylenth1 used, for 85 € or so. It was a tough decision, as i already have Spire, which, again, IMO sounds better than Sylenth1, while having a similar, but not same character. It's also a very punchy, aggressive synth, but, rather goes into the Virus' sonic territory i think.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 pm Here we go......... :dog:
See it coming every time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 pm Here we go......... :dog:
Yep... unfortunetly :-D

Insert Sylenth1 instead of corn...

https://youtu.be/7FWBxVis49M

Return to “Instruments”