Seriously ... You need to update your plugins

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I recall back about 20-25 years ago looking at some of your plugins and really liking them. I recently (about 6 months ago) downloaded some demos. I wanted to pick some up but didn't because they are from the 90's.

Please update your interfaces, re-sizability, etc etc etc.

Your laurels are screaming ... "stop sitting on me"!

Thanks,

Dan
Last edited by Dan on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What about Hardy, what’s he screaming?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:16 pm What about Hardy, what’s he screaming?
He left 15 years ago, hung out for awhile trying to save Laurel, but eventually gave up.

:hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

A few were updated recently with GUI resize options, so this is on their radar; otherwise, the pace of updates is really quite slow.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Not true resize though, just a zoom feature. Blurry interface.

Well, users have been begging for an Effectrix (which btw is used by many pro-producers) update for years.
Yeah they seem to want to stick to their bitmaps...very sad.

Dan wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:14 pm Hi,

I recall back about 20-25 years ago looking at some of your plugins
False memory syndrome, then. Their first plugin came out in 2006.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I would also love if SB evolved their plugins (I own 5 now, and each would benefit from an update in some capacity). u-he seems to do a great job of keeping their high quality plugins relevant after years of release; what other vendors are good at that (I'm sure there are many).

I love the SB ideas, but you are leaving me hanging out here

Yes, please!

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:11 am
Fair enough, point still stands however.

Dan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:11 am
Fair enough, point still stands however.
No it doesn't. Your point was that those plugins are from the '90-ies. They're not. They were current for the time they were written - second half of '00-ies. After release, a developer is not obliged to do significant changes or full rewrites of the product. Bugfixing, minor improvements - yes, great. Other than that is entirely up to him. If you don't like what they are, consider them obsolete and move on. An obvious example is resizing - this wasn't a thing back then, now some people consider it mandatory. Well, it's their problem! Don't use a 4k monitor, use a 15'' monitor. Preset browser with tags and favorites? Makes coffee too??? All those things have nothing to do with the audio processing part of the plugins, which is what's important in an audio app, after all.

schpaeckulum wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 am
No it doesn't. Your point was that those plugins are from the '90-ies. They're not. They were current for the time they were written - second half of '00-ies. After release, a developer is not obliged to do significant changes or full rewrites of the product. Bugfixing, minor improvements - yes, great. Other than that is entirely up to him. If you don't like what they are, consider them obsolete and move on. An obvious example is resizing - this wasn't a thing back then, now some people consider it mandatory. Well, it's their problem! Don't use a 4k monitor, use a 15'' monitor. Preset browser with tags and favorites? Makes coffee too??? All those things have nothing to do with the audio processing part of the plugins, which is what's important in an audio app, after all.
Your entitled to your opinion of course. Charm school is working, you should keep going.

I was very interested at one point many years ago but couldn't afford them. I went back over recent years and would have bought quite a few of them, now that I can afford them, until I saw that they had been abandoned but still were being sold. Your comments do nothing to help them. Or anyone for that matter. They are under no obligation indeed.

Oh and this is the last reply you get from me.

Dan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:18 am
schpaeckulum wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 am
Your entitled to your opinion of course. Charm school is working, you should keep going.

I was very interested at one point many years ago but couldn't afford them. I went back over recent years and would have bought quite a few of them, now that I can afford them, until I saw that they had been abandoned but still were being sold. Your comments do nothing to help them. Or anyone for that matter. They are under no obligation indeed.

Oh and this is the last reply you get from me.
I don't intend to help them with my comments, I intend to help you. There's no need to insult me.
Write to Microsoft and tell them to rewrite and update Windows 95.

And 'my opinion' is how it is in the real world. So it's not just an opinion.

Bye-bye, buddy, you didn't help much either.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”