SKnote are working on a modelled synth called MMG1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yet another Minimoog, boooring...

I don't mind. bring it on.

what's really long in the tooth are endless moanings about Minimoog. if I could get a dime each time someone bashes it.. fortune would be found.

it's a great synth. great people did great things with it. they didn't complain. they were too busy writing musical wonders.

the only reason why ppl spit on Minimoog today is because they are spoiled.

great, i am really happy that now synth heads will also have a taste of SKNote's stellar attitude towards customers :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Reaper evaluation license...

Looks ugly - especially for a Minimoog.

rafa1981 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:46 pm Reaper evaluation license...
it's not illegal to test plugins in a demo version of a DAW.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

minkray wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 pm I don't mind. bring it on.

what's really long in the tooth are endless moanings about Minimoog. if I could get a dime each time someone bashes it.. fortune would be found.

it's a great synth. great people did great things with it. they didn't complain. they were too busy writing musical wonders.

I get what you’re saying, but just from a business perspective it makes so little sense to me to bring another minimoog to market. They can already be had at a variety of price points and levels of realism and just about everyone who would want one has at least two. And as for quality, the Legend is so close to the real thing that I can’t understand trying to top that.
And also the popularity of the minimoog has always waxed and waned and I’d say the over saturation of the last 5 years or so has made it a little less popular lately than it has been in a good while.
There are a ton of vintage and more recent synths, both analog and digital that are so much less well represented and that I think would be way easier to sell if you’re just getting in to the synth modeling game.
But what the hell do I know about what people want. I’m broke and probably for good reason.
Last edited by Local Man on Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

minkray wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 pm I don't mind. bring it on.

Huh? :?: I've never seen someone spitting on a minimoog. That's blasphemy (and everyone knows that) :) Actually, melodic techno is quite popular at the moment and a lot of artist use it (or one of the numerous virtual clones). I think that's not what EvilDragon wanted to say.

I'm covered with Diva and Monark, and numerous more complex synths that can do the minimoog, so i dont even consider to downlaod the demo from Sknote.

If you're not satisfied with Synapse, U-he, NI, Arturia or GForce ... well ... happy waiting :tu:

No offense, but some devs should consider doing a survey before they start a project :?

What we need is, more Oberheim clones ... there are just 5, as far as i know :hihi: :clown:

And we have reached.......

Market Saturation.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Burillo wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 pm great, i am really happy that now synth heads will also have a taste of SKNote's stellar attitude towards customers :D
And an endless amount of bugfixes until the next week when they release the next plug-in :lol:
More BPM please

What would be really cool would be a new minimoog voyager emulation. I know there’s at least one already out there but that’s an area that’s a lot more wide open and I think it would be cool to see some more good emulations of that instrument. I think it could fairly be called vintage at this point and I’m sure there are some out there like myself that have some nostalgia about wanting one in our younger days but not being able to afford the hefty moog price tag.

Erisian wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:56 pm Looks ugly - especially for a Minimoog.
Well taste differs obviously.
I don't care if a digital emulation of a hardware synth has a fotorealistic GUI, just that the layout of the controls match the hardware (because I know it from other emulations or the hardware itself, not in this case though lol).
Actually I kinda like this kind of minimalistic distraction free GUI.
But maybe it's just a preliminary development GUI anyway, who knows?

a lot of folks in this thread already looking after their own.

native instruments, synapse, i'm sure other preset designers will follow.

I guess these days you don't even have to buy a MM to use as a ref, you just use all the emulations already available :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”