Synths with Multistage up/down envelopes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vertigo

Most synths which have Multi Segment Envelope, or similar modulater can do upward release.

UVI Falcon has "multi envelope", and it can go upward on release stage. For one shot type envelope, you should make very
short loop at end of sustain stage, and uncheck "Released loop". It can make any number of point in release stage.

SynthMaster can do this. But bit tricky. You should fit loop end to sustain end manually.

Original DX7 and Arturia DX7V can do this by clank up initial level of EG.

MSoundFactory, Zebra2, Pigments3, Vital, Fathom, Crystal, all of them can do this as mentioned above.

ANA2 can NOT do this despite of it have MSEG. Its MSEG has no loop point control.

Upward release is good technic to make variation on sound tail, by modulating pitch, cutoff or PWM with
MSEG. I searched my VSTs, and surprized that so many VSTs can not do this. Modern hybrid synths such as Phaseplant, Rapid, ANA2... all of them can not do upward release.

Vertigo has up to 256 breakpoints parabolic envelopes with stage slope control.

imaginando FRMS
has an invert for the 2 EGs (no mseg)
https://www.imaginando.pt/products/frms ... ynthesizer

isotope Iris
has an invert button for the env (no mseg)

traktion f-em can be synced and up to 32 nodes for modulations and levels

martiu wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:46 pm Absynth, Serum, the free and excellent Crystal also have it
Absynth.

And also you could say Massive with its step curves.

I forgot the amazing Dune 3
aliasing plugin owner
:?

The thing is, envelopes aren't always used for vca control. There are plenty of values one might wish to have go upward in value when a midi note ends. The one I use often is reverb send and reverb feedback. Having this ramp up automatically at the end of notes makes for a useful filling in of the gaps between notes. This type of behavior is also good for mimicing certain mechanical sounds like one would hear from an EP or when someone manually stops a guitar string from ringing out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Bitwig Instruments and the u-he CLAP synths in Bitwig.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:11 pm The thing is, envelopes aren't always used for vca control. There are plenty of values one might wish to have go upward in value when a midi note ends.
Excellent point. But this is often implemented by an "inverse" switch.

MSG - loop
Omnisphere - env msg loop
Dune 3 - env msg loop
F.'em - env msg loop
Phase Plant - env msg loop
Ana 2.5 - env msg loop
Avenger 2 - env msg loop

MSG yes, but loop to be confirm
Legend HZ
Synmaster 3
Falcon

Return to “Instruments”