The Divided States of America

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow! I am dropping yet another demo track in the cafe.

"United we stand tall... divided we fall."

https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/the-di ... of-america
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Interesting track, I like it )
Translation of energy and tonal flow are very good )

Mixing is okay - wide balanced clean, except one thing described below

I have only one thing to say - this track needs more powerful beat, louder and punchier. Now it's hidden behind guitars and synths, but imho it should beat right in a listener's face, in common, and especially in energetic track like this )

Probably some louder mix of kick and snare, maybe some ny-compression (kinda parallel limiting), maybe some short reverb with a gate on a snare, and slight widening of a snare, maybe some more subtle pumping sidechain from kick and snare to low guitars, and transient-shaper in the end...

Maybe guitarists would add something about timbres and mixing of the guitar, I'm not into rock to judge it, though I'd added a bit of screamy roaring disto some more...

The track describes and pronounces it's idea very well imo )

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:05 am Wow! I am dropping yet another demo track in the cafe.
"United we stand tall... divided we fall."
https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/the-di ... of-america
Hi tonedef71,
Enjoying your music.
Very alive, and full of energy.
Well done.
Rene

This is kickass. Great guitar playing! The drums could definitely stand to be more up front, the vocal too a little, but I still really like it. I see a music video with clips of the Guidestones blowing up from different angles.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

This is very cool. Great guitar and attitude. Agree with others that the drums could be louder.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I uploaded a new mix of the track to Soundcloud. Hopefully this mix is an improvement over the last one.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

That certainly gives it more punch! The snare is very powerful.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I read the first review about the kick. So I was listening for that. I think the mix overall is well balanced myself. (maybe it was updated since then)

To me this track is amazing. Well beyond what I could ever do with rock music. I love how it has electronic elements as well.
The title got my attention so I wanted to hear what it was all about. It is strange how divided everyone got.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I am glad to hear that the drums are sitting better now in the mix. I layered each hit of the kick and snare with a punchy sample for each respective piece.

Return to “Music Cafe”