AudioThing Fog Convolver v2.2 - Creative Convolution Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

link0126 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 am How do we add our own pictures to the presets?
Click on the Camera icon (next to the Play button under the waveform), then drag and drop your image, and you can save the preset.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

What I miss most in Fog Convolver is a capable randomizer. Yes there is the dice button but it is not a "smart" randomizer and randomly changes all kind of parameters without the slightest amount of control so that you end up hearing absolutely nothing most of the time. I love how Kilohearts did implement it in their convolver.

enCiphered wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:06 pm What I miss most in Fog Convolver is a capable randomizer. Yes there is the dice button but it is not a "smart" randomizer and randomly changes all kind of parameters without the slightest amount of control so that you end up hearing absolutely nothing most of the time. I love how Kilohearts did implement it in their convolver.
What would you like to see in the randomizer? Anyway, we have another nice update coming for Fog Convolver, hopefully next month :)

audiothing wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:08 pm
enCiphered wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:06 pm What I miss most in Fog Convolver is a capable randomizer. Yes there is the dice button but it is not a "smart" randomizer and randomly changes all kind of parameters without the slightest amount of control so that you end up hearing absolutely nothing most of the time. I love how Kilohearts did implement it in their convolver.
What would you like to see in the randomizer? Anyway, we have another nice update coming for Fog Convolver, hopefully next month :)
Sounds good!
Well, it would be great if there was something like a drop-down menu when you click on the dice. And from there, I think what would work best is if there were checkboxes with all available parameters and the user decides which ones are going to be affected by the dice. Unfiltered Audio has even a percentage slider which makes randomization even more effective.
This would transform a tool like Fog Convolver into a sound designers dream :)

enCiphered wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:45 pm Sounds good!
Well, it would be great if there was something like a drop-down menu when you click on the dice. And from there, I think what would work best is if there were checkboxes with all available parameters and the user decides which ones are going to be affected by the dice. Unfiltered Audio has even a percentage slider which makes randomization even more effective.
This would transform a tool like Fog Convolver into a sound designers dream :)
You can already lock the parameters you don't want to randomize. Right-click on each parameter to lock (or lock/unlock all). A percentage slider sounds like a nice idea, I'll think about it.

Is there a way to render/export the current configuration (including) loaded IRs, into a new single IR ?

koalaboy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am Is there a way to render/export the current configuration (including) loaded IRs, into a new single IR ?
Yes, if you have the latest version, click on the options menu (the three lines icon in the top right corner) and you can select Export WAV. Only the selected IR (either 1 or 2) can be exported. No True Stereo export yet, but we plan to add a dedicated Export Page in a future update.

audiothing wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:33 am
koalaboy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am Is there a way to render/export the current configuration (including) loaded IRs, into a new single IR ?
Yes, if you have the latest version, click on the options menu (the three lines icon in the top right corner) and you can select Export WAV. Only the selected IR (either 1 or 2) can be exported. No True Stereo export yet, but we plan to add a dedicated Export Page in a future update.
That's great - I guess I have no reason not to pick it up now 8)

Update v2.2
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: Impulse Response Space Simulator by lese.io
  • Added: New Bank: DIY
  • Added: More IRs to Unusual bank
  • Added: macOS 14 Sonoma support
  • Added: AAX Silicon Support
  • Fixed: Path issues when moving projects between macOS and Windows
  • Improved: Graphic memory usage

Awesome!
Thank you, Audiothing!

Nice one :tu:

Looks sweet, downloading now!
A well-behaved signature.

audiothing wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:31 pm Update v2.2
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: Impulse Response Space Simulator by lese.io
  • Added: New Bank: DIY
  • Added: More IRs to Unusual bank
  • Added: macOS 14 Sonoma support
  • Added: AAX Silicon Support
  • Fixed: Path issues when moving projects between macOS and Windows
  • Improved: Graphic memory usage
Any plans to make an Audiothing plugin manager? I have quite a number of your plugins and will be moving to Mac soonish so...

Thanks guys! :)
soulata wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:16 pmAny plans to make an Audiothing plugin manager? I have quite a number of your plugins and will be moving to Mac soonish so...
Yes, we are already working on it.

audiothing wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:24 pm Thanks guys! :)
soulata wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:16 pmAny plans to make an Audiothing plugin manager? I have quite a number of your plugins and will be moving to Mac soonish so...
Yes, we are already working on it.
Great!

Return to “Effects”