Should I buy a DAW or use AI to make my music?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ancient7 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 pm Music written by AI isn't yours. It's written by AI.
Muzak written by AI isn't music. It's crap.

ancient7 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 pm Music written by AI isn't yours. It's written by AI.
Crap written by AI isn't music. It's loops provided by shady companies.

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:22 pm are you a producer if you have a robot do the work?
do you want to be a musician or do you just think music looks easier than getting a job in construction?

and how did nick frost age backwards? :o
Same question occures in my mind.
Are you a musician or what?
Than it is YOU who should make the music.

ratek141@gmail wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:05 pm Music written by AI isn't yours. It's written by AI.
Music is written and created by a spirit and his love.
Thats what you find in music. Spirit and love.
AI does not have any of both.

Well here's 2 mins of my life I will never get back.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:58 am
Muzak written by AI isn't music. It's crap.
Unfortunately, AI Is well capable of "writing" more than "muzak."

As for crap, human beings have written more than their share for many many years now.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:56 am AI written by music isn't yours. It's written by music.
mixyguy2 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:39 am Well here's 2 mins of my life I will never get back.
This thread has become a "jokes contest" and so far I am enjoying it !

kanoharuayu wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:06 pm I'be ben tinking about becoming an music producer for years now but I never did much other ten using FL studio and making some beats, they werent that good and I cant sing too good neither so I tohught maybe instead of trying to learn all dis hard stuff I could just use some AI and get pretty good at being a music producer on youtube and stuff, build my profile an start producing for some people. The AI tools look alot easier I seen stuff like this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A656GMQt5d0
It’s even easier to just get an Apple Music or Spotify account and just listen to other music that’s not made by you, and probably higher quality than what AI can do at this point. I mean, if you’re going for easy, just go all out.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

kanoharuayu wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:06 pm I never did much other ten using FL studio and making some beats
FL Studio?
Then what about Cubase, Studio One

But never mind, it was a joke from the beginning on.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

"so I tohught maybe instead of trying to learn all dis hard stuff"

But it's really not all that hard. I find banging a few random keys on a keyboard works very well. Here's a secret insider tip...when you're banging away randomly on the keyboard, make sure to hit a few of those black notes every now and then. It's really easy to forget about them and hit only white ones - that's a real newb mistake easy to spot. I figure there are 5 black notes to every octave, so I randomly hit black ones just under half of the time. If you really want to sound pro, then hit more black ones than white ones to keep the listeners on their toes - it's what makes things like psy-trance sound mystical, with all them odd notes where you don't expect them. Whereas if you were doing proper traditional music you'd hit one black, followed by one white etc...

I met a musician once who told me you can hit several notes at the same time. Black ones AND white ones! I reckon he was taking the piss, surely? Sounds silly to me and why get complicated when obvs one note should follow the next one. You end up playing your tune too quickly if you play all the notes at the same time, duh. :dog:

I've got loads of tips like these if you want...

nvm
Last edited by seangm on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The entire idea nauseates me. AI generated music may not have any soul, but that doesn't mean people won't project their own toward it. Whatever. I won't be listening to it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

For the most part if you don't know how to compose music & just want to 'play around' you certainly don't need a full-on DAW something much simpler & even free would do & if you then get discouraged you have nothing invested.

As far as AI generated music this has been a thing for decades...Brian Eno did two albums in the 90's using Koan Pro to create 'generative' music.

I don't believe AI will allow you to be as expressive as you may want to be as a producer of music. Just imagine how much of a headache it would be to change one little thing if you're using AI. Would you have to recompile the whole prompt to change a minor detail on a single instrument? Sounds like a headache in the making. Now in terms of inspiration, maybe AI can give you a general template to run off of.

kanoharuayu wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:06 pm I'be ben tinking about becoming an music producer for years now but I never did much other ten using FL studio and making some beats, they werent that good and I cant sing too good neither so I tohught maybe instead of trying to learn all dis hard stuff I could just use some AI and get pretty good at being a music producer on youtube and stuff, build my profile an start producing for some people. The AI tools look alot easier I seen stuff like this here

This is an epic troll thread. Well done! :troll:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”