Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

It's more about being interested to see what other people are doing with it. I might discover something I wouldn't have thought of myself. ReGen is also a good reason not to spend money on preset packs, you can make your own in no time at all.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I hate how owning BA-1 on iPad doesn't also grant you a licence on PC/Mac. Totally sucks.
They told me the presets would carry over, so I know both PC/Mac and iPad BA-1's know who owns the account.

And you paid how much for your iPad version?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:24 am And you paid how much for your iPad version?
I don't remember but this is part of the problem, no?
It's not the easy win you might think it is.

Why not just price it the same on all systems, and just let 1 purchase mean you own the product, for use, on whatever system you like.. because you uh, own the product, as you bought it, with your money.

Who would pay $99 for an iPad app? It's a different ecosystem with it's own expectations around pricing. Now, if you were going the other way, I don't think it would be completely unreasonable for anyone who has bought the VST version to get the iPad app for free but it's a bit cheeky thinking you should get a $99 product for free because you spent $29 on the iPad version.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:45 am Who would pay $99 for an iPad app? It's a different ecosystem with it's own expectations around pricing. Now, if you were going the other way, I don't think it would be completely unreasonable for anyone who has bought the VST version to get the iPad app for free but it's a bit cheeky thinking you should get a $99 product for free because you spent $29 on the iPad version.
I'd be curious to see how much of its lifetime it's actually been sold for $99.
It's $49 every time I've seen it, since its release. :)

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:45 am Who would pay $99 for an iPad app? It's a different ecosystem with it's own expectations around pricing. Now, if you were going the other way, I don't think it would be completely unreasonable for anyone who has bought the VST version to get the iPad app for free but it's a bit cheeky thinking you should get a $99 product for free because you spent $29 on the iPad version.
They should offert a special cross grade.

Doesn’t the iPad version load in Logic?

Gam456 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:11 pm
They should offert a special cross grade.
Yeah, they should. So should everyone that releases the same product on multiple platforms, would be way cooler than double-dipping.

I really like BA-1. But I'm not going to buy the same product again so I have access to it on a different platform.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 pm Doesn’t the iPad version load in Logic?
Yeah it does.

Another reason why it should be a cross-platform licence.

With Logic on iPad, maybe we'll see companies start offering 1 price, 1 licence, all platforms sorta thing.

No we won't.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 pmNo we won't.
I'm still waiting for you to show me how often BA-1 has actually been up for $99.

harddaysnight wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 pm I'm still waiting for you to show me how often BA-1 has actually been up for $99.
Out of the 11+ months it’s been available, it was $99 for 7 months and $49 for 4 months.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:35 am
harddaysnight wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:46 pm I'm still waiting for you to show me how often BA-1 has actually been up for $99.
Out of the 11+ months it’s been available, it was $99 for 7 months and $49 for 4 months.
..and is still $49 right now.

So like 30% of its lifetime, it hasn't been for sale at $99. Pretty crazy stuff.

IMO they should take the iOS price off the PC/Mac price, so if you buy it for $29 on iOS, and it's for sale on PC/Mac for $49 - should only cost you $20 to pick it up on PC/Mac.

I'm not, and will never be a fan, of companies double-dipping, even if it's for a different platform - that means nothing to me.

Days since Waves, PA, UA, iZotope, etc. weren’t on sale:

Return to “Instruments”