Aodyo Instruments Anyma Omega

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is for the Aodyo Instruments Anyma Omega Desktop/Keyboard, a polyphonic physical modelling synthesizer currently accepting preorders on Indiegogo, which is planned to have MPE support. Here is their schematic. They share modules with one of their other products, the Anyma Phi.
image8.png
These are Soundcloud sets and tracks of the Anyma Omega from Aodyo:

https://soundcloud.com/aodyo/sets/anyma ... d-examples
https://soundcloud.com/aodyo/sets/anyma ... onal-sound
https://soundcloud.com/aodyo/trumpet-section

I preordered the last Anyma Omega Desktop from the Spring EA 2 batch, but it can still be preordered through the Anyma Omega Duo Winter EA batch. 2 have been claimed, with at least 3 remaining. I already sold the MicroMonsta 2 and Deluge OLED in preparation for this, among other tasks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm interested in trying this - seems it could become something of a less convoluted/more hands on eaganmatrix. Is it still at the indiegogo/kickstarter/preorder stage and if so is there any word on a general release date?

(I'm not about to preorder anything - nothing against Anyma but I'd rather see it in the hands of users and tested first before I buy.)

t-IB wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:09 am I'm interested in trying this - seems it could become something of a less convoluted/more hands on eaganmatrix. Is it still at the indiegogo/kickstarter/preorder stage and if so is there any word on a general release date?

(I'm not about to preorder anything - nothing against Anyma but I'd rather see it in the hands of users and tested first before I buy.)
Yes, it is still in the prototype/preorder stage, based on Aodyo Instruments's attendance during Superbooth 23. Each batch has a different estimated delivery. Assuming that they are accurate and already updated with their recent delay, here are the different ones:
  • Super Early Adopter - June 2023
  • Early Adopter Fall - September 2023
  • Early Adopter Spring - December 2023
There has been no announcement of a general release date, as Aodyo is prioritizing backers first and foremost. My intuition says Q2 2024.

If you want to try something similar, the Anyma Phi would be your best option, as it is the monophonic synthesizer that the Anyma Omega is based upon. There is also an Anyma Phi SE, which has a different faceplate and was offered during the Anyma Omega Kickstarter campaign.

There is now a Spring EA3 batch for the Anyma Omega Desktop. Preorders for them have been going fast lately, so if you want to benefit from the 25% discount, I highly suggest reserving a claim for them sooner rather than later.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:54 am
t-IB wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:09 am I'm interested in trying this - seems it could become something of a less convoluted/more hands on eaganmatrix. Is it still at the indiegogo/kickstarter/preorder stage and if so is there any word on a general release date?

Yes, it is still in the prototype/preorder stage, based on Aodyo Instruments's attendance during Superbooth 23. Each batch has a different estimated delivery. Assuming that they are accurate and already updated with their recent delay, here are the different ones:
  • Super Early Adopter - June 2023
  • Early Adopter Fall - September 2023
  • Early Adopter Spring - December 2023
There has been no announcement of a general release date, as Aodyo is prioritizing backers first and foremost. My intuition says Q2 2024.

If you want to try something similar, the Anyma Phi would be your best option, as it is the monophonic synthesizer that the Anyma Omega is based upon. There is also an Anyma Phi SE, which has a different faceplate and was offered during the Anyma Omega Kickstarter campaign.

There is now a Spring EA3 batch for the Anyma Omega Desktop. Preorders for them have been going fast lately, so if you want to benefit from the 25% discount, I highly suggest reserving a claim for them sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the info - I'm covered in terms of similarities with the Eaganmatrix to some degree, so I'll see whether I can crack that matrix and if I still have the need will look to order on wider release.

I think it's great that products get off the ground via crowdfunding but it's not a model I personally like to engage in. Congratulations though - aniyma look reliable sorts and it's a solid price for what looks to be a very interesting sound engine.

t-IB wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:28 am Thanks for the info - I'm covered in terms of similarities with the Eaganmatrix to some degree, so I'll see whether I can crack that matrix and if I still have the need will look to order on wider release.

I think it's great that products get off the ground via crowdfunding but it's not a model I personally like to engage in. Congratulations though - aniyma look reliable sorts and it's a solid price for what looks to be a very interesting sound engine.
There was a YouTube video from Sound on Sound showcasing the Anyma Omega Desktop. Laurent Pouillard says the general release is next year.

Superbooth 2023: Aodyo Anyma Omega Desktop

Aodyo already released two other products, the Sylphyo and Anyma Phi, both of which were crowdfunded as well. The only risk I see is whether or not MPE will be properly implemented, but I doubt that is a concern considering Laurent has at least three MPE hardware controllers to test/debug with.

Personally, I only crowdfund when innovation/competition in the industry has stagnated.

I watched a couple videos, but I didn't see much info about the sound engine... what parameters there are, how adjusting them changes the sound, etc.

FranklyFlawless wrote:
There was a YouTube video from Sound on Sound showcasing the Anyma Omega Desktop. Laurent Pouillard says the general release is next year.

Superbooth 2023: Aodyo Anyma Omega Desktop
Aodyo already released two other products, the Sylphyo and Anyma Phi, both of which were crowdfunded as well. The only risk I see is whether or not MPE will be properly implemented, but I doubt that is a concern considering Laurent has at least three MPE hardware controllers to test/debug with.

Personally, I only crowdfund when innovation/competition in the industry has stagnated.
Thanks for that. I know of Aodyo and agree there's no risk in terms of them not delivering the product.

In terms of that approach, for me it's more about being an early adopter than risk (timescales are a factor to a much lesser degree too). I've learned my lesson there in that I know I've no desire to beta test a finished product. Also, given how fussy I've become with interfaces I'd find it really hard to back something where that wasn't fixed in place.

But yeah, back to the Omega - I think it's highly likely I'd try it out once it's been in the hands of users a while and any early issues (if present) are ironed out. As great a sound engine the Eaganmatrix is, not sure I'll get too far beyond my current approach of tweaking presets into my own thing - I can't really imagine designing anything complex with it myself given the nature of it. I think the Omega would very much plug that gap, and multitimbrality is something I always like in a synth and miss since losing my xpander (boo hoo on that!).

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:26 am I watched a couple videos, but I didn't see much info about the sound engine... what parameters there are, how adjusting them changes the sound, etc.
That information is on the Indiegogo page. The synthesizer engine is based on the Anyma Phi, so check out the Anyma Phi User Guide if you want more details.
t-IB wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:35 am Thanks for that. I know of Aodyo and agree there's no risk in terms of them not delivering the product.

In terms of that approach, for me it's more about being an early adopter than risk (timescales are a factor to a much lesser degree too). I've learned my lesson there in that I know I've no desire to beta test a finished product. Also, given how fussy I've become with interfaces I'd find it really hard to back something where that wasn't fixed in place.
I understand what you mean. I have crowdfunded/preordered products that are still undergoing extensive development now. The early adoption is subsidized by feedback, but I do not mind doing so if required because alternative products do not exist.
t-IB wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:35 amBut yeah, back to the Omega - I think it's highly likely I'd try it out once it's been in the hands of users a while and any early issues (if present) are ironed out. As great a sound engine the Eaganmatrix is, not sure I'll get too far beyond my current approach of tweaking presets into my own thing - I can't really imagine designing anything complex with it myself given the nature of it. I think the Omega would very much plug that gap, and multitimbrality is something I always like in a synth and miss since losing my xpander (boo hoo on that!).
I know of a few LinnStrumentalists who already preordered before me, so I expect there will be more involvement from them in this thread as they receive their Anyma Omega later on.

I still only use factory presets. Synthesis has been overwhelming for me ever since I got the LinnStrument, so it will take some time to become comfortable with creating sounds from scratch. Most of my focus has been on developing my proficiency with the LinnStrument, not sound design.

I was indifferent about multitimbrality when I was using the MicroMonsta 2, but that might be because of the timbre coming from the patches. I will have an opportunity to reevaluate my perspective again when I retest splits on the Anyma Omega.
Last edited by FranklyFlawless on Sat May 20, 2023 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:39 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:26 am I watched a couple videos, but I didn't see much info about the sound engine... what parameters there are, how adjusting them changes the sound, etc.
That information is on the Indiegogo page. The synthesizer engine is based on the Anyma Phi, so check out the Anyma Phi User Guide if you want more details.
I looked through the Phi user guide like you suggested. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see any images of the physical modeling oscs, what parameters are there, descriptions etc.

I looked on the indiegogo page. I did find a list of the modules, but not what parameters are in them, etc. ( https://downloads.aodyo.com/anyma/Anyma ... e-list.pdf )

None of the videos on the page show someone designing a sound, or video of the screen as someone tweaks parameters. It seems a bit inscrutable! Maybe they don't want to scare users with how complex it is! :hihi:

Very interesting looking instrument though. Would like to have a bit more info before buying... but went ahead and ordered the keyboard version.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:39 am
t-IB wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:35 am Thanks for that. I know of Aodyo and agree there's no risk in terms of them not delivering the product.

I understand what you mean. I have crowdfunded/preordered products that are still undergoing extensive development now. The early adoption is subsidized by feedback, but I do not mind doing so if required because alternative products do not exist.
t-IB wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:35 amBut yeah, back to the Omega - I think it's highly likely I'd try it out once it's been in the hands of users a while and any early issues (if present) are ironed out. As great a sound engine the Eaganmatrix is, not sure I'll get too far beyond my current approach of tweaking presets into my own thing - I can't really imagine designing anything complex with it myself given the nature of it. I think the Omega would very much plug that gap, and multitimbrality is something I always like in a synth and miss since losing my xpander (boo hoo on that!).
I know of a few LinnStrumentalists who already preordered before me, so I expect there will be more involvement from them in this thread as they receive their Anyma Omega later on.

I still only use factory presets. Synthesis has been overwhelming for me ever since I got the LinnStrument, so it will take some time to become comfortable with creating sounds from scratch. Most of my focus has been on developing my proficiency with the LinnStrument, not sound design.

I was indifferent about multitimbrality when I was using the MicroMonsta 2, but that might be because of the timbre coming from the patches. I will have an opportunity to reevaluate my perspective again when I retest splits on the Anyma Omega.
From a multitimbrality point of view it's less about linnstrumenting for me, though it's nice to be able to play over a drone sometimes, and more about wider use in my setup.

With the Kickstarter/feedback/beta thing it can definitely be a positive, I just know that I get frustrated with it and had a bad experience of testing a broken product that it was really hard to separate hardware from software issue on. I got there in the end but it took months of back and forth to get a replacement unit and plenty hours lost where I could have been making music.

Basically that was me done with beta-ing, especially when paying full price for entry, and I like my kit to be 'finished' these days (or rather fully functional with the prospect of updates). That's my personal thing though and in no way relates to Aniyma - I'm just chatting!

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 am I looked through the Phi user guide like you suggested. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see any images of the physical modeling oscs, what parameters are there, descriptions etc.

I looked on the indiegogo page. I did find a list of the modules, but not what parameters are in them, etc. ( https://downloads.aodyo.com/anyma/Anyma ... e-list.pdf )

None of the videos on the page show someone designing a sound, or video of the screen as someone tweaks parameters. It seems a bit inscrutable! Maybe they don't want to scare users with how complex it is! :hihi:

Very interesting looking instrument though. Would like to have a bit more info before buying... but went ahead and ordered the keyboard version.
If you want a technical deep dive, loopop made a YouTube video about the Anyma Phi. There has been a lot of updates since this video was released, but the workflow for the Anyma Phi is the same. Most if not all of the issues addressed in the video from 35:15 onwards has been solved with the Anyma Omega. There are at least 174 presets/patches on the Anyma Omega based on the Soundcloud album artworks, which also depict the preset's audio signal path.

It is an honour to have you embark on this journey with us.
t-IB wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:48 am From a multitimbrality point of view it's less about linnstrumenting for me, though it's nice to be able to play over a drone sometimes, and more about wider use in my setup.

With the Kickstarter/feedback/beta thing it can definitely be a positive, I just know that I get frustrated with it and had a bad experience of testing a broken product that it was really hard to separate hardware from software issue on. I got there in the end but it took months of back and forth to get a replacement unit and plenty hours lost where I could have been making music.

Basically that was me done with beta-ing, especially when paying full price for entry, and I like my kit to be 'finished' these days (or rather fully functional with the prospect of updates). That's my personal thing though and in no way relates to Aniyma - I'm just chatting!
Originally when I first acquired the LinnStrument, what I wanted to do was play two different realistic instruments expressively on each split, to combine and simplify roles for live music. I have not been able to attain that goal just yet, but I expect the Anyma Omega will fulfill this multitimbral requirement more effectively than the MicroMonsta 2.

One other thing I do prior to crowdfunding is having a reliable backup plan. For the Anyma Omega, I have Surge XT as the backup synthesizer. I expect rough edges with crowdfunded products, no matter how much resources or credibility the campaigner has. Using Surge XT is just a temporary measure until the product is polished enough for my needs.

Normally being an early adopter entails you to large discounts, so I am quite surprised you did not experience that privilege first-hand. While I appreciate mature, stable products, I am also interested in funding innovative projects from small, independent companies/organizations, as that fosters competition.

An update from Aodyo was published recently on June 5th on the Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaign.
Dear backers,

We would like to thank all the contributors who visited our booth during last Synthfest and Superbooth! We were glad to demonstrate the Anyma Omega desktop prototype. If you missed it, here are some videos from Sound On Sound, Les Sondiers (in French) and Synth Anatomy.

We also share some news on Omega development: we received a first unit of polyAT keybed from Fatar! It will allow us to start upgrading the control card for polyphonic aftertouch management.

18624ccf83a300ec3959a948f67a6483_original.jpg
Currently, these are the quantity on each remaining perk:
  • Anyma Omega Desktop Spring EA3 - 2 out of 5 claimed
  • Anyma Omega Keyboard Spring EA - 1 out of 10 claimed
  • Anyma Omega Duo Winter EA - 4 out of 5 claimed
Looks like there has been quite a lot of movement on the Desktop and Duo, so I suggest quickly snagging the last Duo if you want to receive the pair earlier at a significant 36% discount off the final retail price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FranklyFlawless on Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The last Duo was swiped within 24 hours, and unlike last time, no perks for further batches have been made available. This implies that the remaining two Spring batches are the very last perks, and that there will be no Summer batches. Another Desktop was also claimed, with the quantity for both remaining perks now being:
  • Anyma Omega Desktop Spring EA3 - 3 out of 5 claimed
  • Anyma Omega Keyboard Spring EA - 1 out of 10 claimed
Based on the current rate at which the Desktop is being claimed, which has been consistently one per week starting from May 17th, the entire perk will be sold out by June 21st, which is about a two week window from now. If you have been thinking about getting a Desktop before the end of this year, I highly suggest claiming it before this date.

Hi all, I have invested in the combo with delivery September 2023 although I probably only want to keep one of the two devices — probably the keyboard but uncertain. Is anyone — no matter what I decide — interested in the other device? I would sell this in the short term and pass on the discount (36% off the planned new price) plus shipping. If interested, please contact me. Thanks.

Julian_Mack wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:06 pm Hi all, I have invested in the combo with delivery September 2023 although I probably only want to keep one of the two devices — probably the keyboard but uncertain. Is anyone — no matter what I decide — interested in the other device? I would sell this in the short term and pass on the discount (36% off the planned new price) plus shipping. If interested, please contact me. Thanks.
You need to firmly decide which one you want to keep, since the Destop and Keyboard are two different products with different prices. Also, because your KVR Audio account is new, incoming and outgoing PMs are disabled until you reach 5 posts. Once your decision has been made, restate which Anyma Omega you are offering, and provide details of your contribution for interested parties to validate your claim.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”