A Splash of Red (guitar instrumental, sketch #1)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After far too long I've started actually using my DAW again and this is the first product. Definitely work in progress, all feedback welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/user-441869393/a ... d-sketch-1

Tools: Tracktion Waveform 12 free, EZDrummer 3, Modo Bass 2
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

This one has something of an early Dire Straits style in places. I thought the audio level was quite low, but this is a WIP, so probably hasn't had a complete mix yet. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 pm I thought the audio level was quite low, but this is a WIP, so probably hasn't had a complete mix yet.
Good work :)
Yeah, I didn't even normalize the render out of Waveform, which I should have done. Thanks for the encouraging words.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Nice, sounding good. A few thoughts:

I would double track your rhythm guitars and hard pan them left and right to get a wider stereo mix. Everything sounds pretty narrow down the center rn.

I think the lead guitar is a little loud. Maybe throw some compression on it and bring the levels down just a bit. I like that melody on the lead line though.

I might try to clean up the rhythm on the guitars a bit, esp on the lead. I think it would help the mix sound tighter.

Keep on it! Sounding good. Looking forward to hearing more.

mburns12512 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:42 am Keep on it! Sounding good. Looking forward to hearing more.
Thanks for the feedback. It echoes some of my own thinking. Next version will definitely be more polished -- it's a stretch to even call this one a "mix". :)
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Return to “Music Cafe”