MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Rando seamlessly connects to all the sample libraries on your computer, bringing a fresh perspective to your music-making process. Go full random and let Rando surprise you with its choices, or tailor the experience. Want only drum sounds? Or perhaps a keyboard filled with shakers? Rando does it all. Plus, each sound is equipped with six unique effects for individual customization."

https://monkeyc.audio/pages/rando

https://youtu.be/E6HEbt4wzJ8?si=E5tgKaEWNV4pHyyX
https://youtu.be/w5CCISVUgV0?si=UTSek9v8y7enyB2v
Last edited by HydrogenHuman on Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

It looks interesting, but the price of €69.00 is a bit too much for what it does, even considering the introductory price of €49.00. And there is no info about whether it is a plugin or a standalone app, and its compatibility with VST2/3 or Clap etc.

And no demo available.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:28 pm It looks interesting, but the price of €69.00 is a bit too much for what it does, even considering the introductory price of €49.00. And there is no info about whether it is a plugin or a standalone app, and its compatibility with VST2/3 or Clap etc.

And no demo available.
If you use RandoLoyalty50 it's $34.99. I received it in an e-mail since I own their other plugin.

It's both Standalone and VST3. No clap support, as far as I can tell.

Im getting crazy CPU spikes with this after I turn on the FX. I wrote their support about it. Never seen anything like that before.

Has some potential for sure -I have put in a feature request

1. I think it needs another function where you can lock everything and then unlock ones you want to change. Sometimes that is a better place to start than locking keys/samples one by one.
2. It would be nice in the sample folders listing if each folder had a check box so that one could include or exclude folders as appropriate for the task
3. Another function that would be good is if one could choose easily the set of keys one wanted to change or lock by, say, right clicking and dragging across the keyboard. Use case here is if I want to load different types of samples into different octaves of the keyboard. This is probably better than a 'lock all'

How about €49.00 for the Rando and Rewind bundle?

Hi everyone!

just letting you know we are working on fixing the CPU issues that two users so far have reported (@stash98) and the other can't reproduce it anymore.

But apart from that issue the reactions are heartwarming and overwhelming! ❤️

The loyalty code is there for our current customers, but we will leave this active until Monday for everyone. ;)

Know that we take all user input very seriously because we aim to make the highest quality products!

Have a great weekend,

Dennis
Last edited by monkeyc_audio on Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

First off some criticism: it would be proper to note on the site that it requires ilok. Or allow demo. The installer doesn't ask for anything so whether you need it or not you also get aax and standalone. Made for those who just click and don't know better. Oh well

As this solves some real world problem I decided to take a plunge.

The interface is sleek and no nonsense so that's a big plus. I don't want a sample manager I want a sampler for inspiration and that one ticks the box.

Unfortunatelly scanning samples takes forever (win i7). Ok - I've got terabytes of samples so what do I expect?
Well I would very much expect to have more sample locations than 15 only. Please consider adding more. At least twice as much.

So for now it's a bit half baked but it is a real fun way of finding inspiration so I won't be asking for refund. Just hoping for more sample locations.

Hi shkr,

you are absolutely right, that should have been on the site, our apologies. Never introduce a new product and do a site revamp in the same week. Lesson learned... Putting that in right now.

We are taking out the location restriction next week in an update (Mon/Wed the latest, along with a lot of added cool user suggestions). Our idea was: just point to the master folder and we take care of the rest. At one point we decided to only allow 15 locations, thinking nobody needed more, simple fix to change this.

As you can see in the plugin in the support section, we have a feedback/upvote form because we love user feedback to make our products even better. On top of that we have a very fast update cycle so possible issues get fixed superfast.

You do have a very large sample library, we have optimised the scanning it in every way possible to go as fast as possible, but with terabytes, you have millions of samples that all need to be analysed etc. With most sample libraries scanning is mega fast.

Regarding the demo, we have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so that should not hold you back.

But in the end, Rando is about fun, just like you say!

We have had a lot of positive feedback since launch and we have big plans for Rando!

Thanks for your feedback!

Dennis

Thank you for your kind answer!

Yea I've got too many samples for sure. I pointed Rando to ssd drive with all my samples but it could not manage them even for the whole night. But adding single smaller folders works alright (sometimes for smaller folders scaning is lighting fast but sometimes it takes some time - maybe because there are long smaples or maybe because different formats/bit depths).

I am playing with Rando today and starting to like it more and more! So please excuse maybe I was a bit too harsh at the beginning.

If you extend number of locations it will be fabulous! Looking forward to this.

For my needs thanks to its simplicity and straight to the point workflow it really tops all the other solutions for sample management that I know.

Awesome! 😃

Thanks for your kind words and have lots of fun with Rando!

Dennis

neverbefore wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 am Has some potential for sure -I have put in a feature request

1. I think it needs another function where you can lock everything and then unlock ones you want to change. Sometimes that is a better place to start than locking keys/samples one by one.
2. It would be nice in the sample folders listing if each folder had a check box so that one could include or exclude folders as appropriate for the task
3. Another function that would be good is if one could choose easily the set of keys one wanted to change or lock by, say, right clicking and dragging across the keyboard. Use case here is if I want to load different types of samples into different octaves of the keyboard. This is probably better than a 'lock all'
I agree with these suggestions ESPECIALLY the INCLUDE/EXCLUDE of sample folders :tu: :tu: :tu:

Yes I have put this on the list! 😁

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:03 pm Yes I have put this on the list! 😁
Thank you. Purchased this and am very impressed. Very fast scan times and works perfectly. :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu:

Damn, the immediacy and fun factor of Rando is just insane. I got the email, but after looking at it briefly, I felt I had good coverage with sample finders. I've got a couple of Sample organizing plugins, like Waves CR8 and XLN XO, but this one's truly unique. I really like the fact that I am not coming to it to find a sample, but instead find inspiration and generate a loop/sample because of how fast you can sketch something up.
Last edited by serge on Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”