[Progressive Trance] Dreaming

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by kvruser1000 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Too loud for me!
Still sounds good to me for what I heared but as I said, maybe its a bit too loud...

Reminds me a bit of the Anjuna Beats style ("TATW - Trance around the world") which I like very much. Has the typical elements and is very forward driving :phones:

Yes, with the loudness, that's one thing ;) The track definitely has around -7 dB LUFS (integrated) and that's already very loud, which also makes it sound a bit compressed. I would master a second version and set it to a maximum of -9 dB LUFS and compare the two.

Otherwise a very nice progressive trance track!

Thank you for listening.

Actually, I even don't know what LUFS means. I use as a meter, the metering plugin from T-Racks Standard. That gives me a good comparison to tracks I want to compare to. The levels it shows are RMS (which is at -8 dB for me and competitive tracks) and perceived loudness which is between -10 and -12 dB at the loudest parts of a song.

Do you know a good and freeware plugin which shows the LUFS?

Thank you again for your feedback. I appreciate that.

You should pay attention to the "integrated" loudness, i.e. the overall loudness of the track. But apart from that, it sounds a bit over-compressed, so I would turn it down a bit. Usual values tend to be around -9 to -11 (of course this also depends on the song and ultimately it has to sound good)

Anyway, the free Youlean Loudness Meter plugin is very well known, there is also an online version (and for a few more features there is also a Pro version)
Online version: https://youlean.co/file-loudness-meter

I use Expose 2 by Mastering the Mix in order to help with output loudness, peak, stereo balance and dynamic range. This song really has no dynamic range but for the loudness issue vs a balanced master:

The LUFS Integrated target is -12 LUFS (±5). Adjust your limiter input gain by -4.3dB to achieve an average loudness of -12 LUFS.

The decibels true peak target is -0.1dBTP. Adjust your limiter output gain by -1.99dB to achieve a maximum peak of -0.1dBTP.

KEv

Sorry, I compare my tracks loudness-wise with Avicii and other producers. And they have similar levels. I don't speak of Spotify. I speak of tracks you can buy in the stores as an MP3. Output gain of -1.99 dB. :hihi:

I updated the track. The track is still at -7 dB LUFS. But it sounds better now.

The bass feels a little crisp and could use some warmth either from a low pass filter that has some movement or some sort of saturation plugin(bx_refinement works well). I get the entire track in 4 bars, and feel like there could be a lot more variation throughout. The scratched kick transition is a bit corny. Like others mentioned, it's loud and has very little dynamic range. I know that can be a characteristic of the genera but 6 db + of dynamic range can make it less fatiguing to the ear, especially when something is repetitive. You could do more with some interesting pads and ear candy effects instead of relying on white noise to fill the upper registers.

In general the mix is passable and the writing is basic but fine—both could be pushed a lot further.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Yes I understand now why my track is "to silent". -7 Lufs? Lol.
Yeah well do what you like but if you want to go big you will be amazed that most online streaming STORES put your track on -14 LUFS so the joke is on you brother.
As someone else said: -9 LUFS is the standard but I guess you are a pro and we can teach you nothing. You are compressing the shit out of your audio track.
Pro's do not like to do that for a good reason: It takes away ALL soul from a track.
But yeah, you only have to put your vol on 5 and not on 25 or 30. Yeah I understand: its cool huh how hard you can make it. Cool huh.
But no online store will put it out on that level, and then your song sounds like shit, because there is no detail in it.

Peace out muthafucka!

There is a reason that why put it on -9 to -12, because you know, thats the standard.
There is also another reason: we do not need to put it that loud, we are okay with the standard like other songs are...
It has nothing to do with not being possible, man I can make a track even louder then yours and better but in the end it will be a poor track since its just loudness and nothing else basicly. I would get the f**k of your throne o high and might producer and shut the f**k up about things you do not know nothing about.
If many people say something, its probably true dude.

JimBetaOriginal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:35 pmPeace out muthafucka!
Why so aggressive? :!:

Its like dropping a mic. There is nothing agressive about it. You called my track silent because I called your track Loud. Thats pretty lame dude. We were all just trying to help you and you act all high and mighty. Maybe you only caused this unto yourself.

So... I have updated the track at -9 dB LUFS. Sounds much better now.

This online tool "Loudness Penalty" shows how high a track is adjusted by some streaming providers https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/

Btw. I mean that David Darlington mixed and mastered for Avicii but also David Guetta. He has some tutorials on Youtube that show how he works.

Return to “Music Cafe”