chamber pop?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Technical difficulties resolved, Feedback welcome. https://soundcloud.com/user-184873854/thb
Windows 10, Reaper

Well, I don't like anything within 100km of jazz, and while this isn't that, it's not like anything I would ordinarily listen to. BUT, I just couldn't bring myself to pressing stop. The timing is weird, the instrumentation is a little unpredictable (in a good way) and the song takes more twists and turns than some streets in San Francisco. But more importantly, I could listen to your voice all day (and the next day too). Really, really good, comfortable to the ears, unique but far from way out there. I think this, in its entirety, shows a great talent, a willingness to stray from well worn paths without regret or self-concern. More please.

Thanks very much for the feedback. While the melody and lyrics are mine, I used an AI singer from a program called Audimee for the vocals. This particular singer is called Dustin. You record the vocal, and Audimee replicates it with a good (or in my case, better) singer. Sorry to dissapoint, but I can't take credit for the vocal, except writing it. There is some jazz influence for sure, but I didn't think of this as jazzy, except some of the instrumentation. I'm a drummer who writes and plays keyboards, so this grew out of laying down a drum track in 15/4, although it morphs into other time signatures. I like everything from early music to hip-hop, so my writing usually has a variety of influences. Thanks again for the kind assesment.
Windows 10, Reaper

Oh wow, there was a couple of spots I thought you manually tweaked your vocals so it actually makes sense now. Scary good though. Well we're going to need drummers and keyboardists as vocals are apparently taken care of. :) Though ... the vocals are as you desired even though it's not your voice, so there's some of your DNA in there.

I liked this very much. I did not know vocals could be done so well artificially

Hezekiel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:14 pm I liked this very much. I did not know vocals could be done so well artificially
Thanks very much. As long as you can get a decent original vocal track, the software replicates that with the AI singer verbatim, so it's not really all that difficult. I appreciate the input.
Windows 10, Reaper

Return to “Music Cafe”