Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

Can confirm the mono+glide glitch.

Also, Amigo doesn't seem to recognize loop points embedded in .wav audio files. Heck I'm not sure it reads set loops correctly at all.

I have a few drumloops that I exported from TX16w sampler with loops turned on and both Kontakt and Ami Sampler recognizes the loops. Amigo does not.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It seems to recognize Akai loop points. I have some samples that I converted from Akai to Kontakt and those loops points are recognized, but it does not recognize loop points for samples I made directly for Kontakt.

Finally have time to play with this, and I'm digging it.

I feel like the Amiga mode on TAL Sampler is a bit ...exaggerated. Granted, I've never used an actual Amiga, but I have listened to a LOT of music that was made on Amigas and the noise (aliasing? artifacting? idk) is nowhere near as bad as what TAL Sampler adds.

This one sounds "right" to me. Plus, the added features are really freaking cool!

And, it's cheap!

Yeah, somebody earlier in the thread posted that you get what you pay for, in a very disparaging way.

For me it’s totally the opposite in this case. Amigo is a total bargain and it sounds stellar. What a find!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

definitely, still would be nice for a v2 or whatever to upgrade some stuff if demand is there.
i also found out that the alignment of setting looppoints doe seem to be a bit unspecific/buggy?

and yeah hope there will be a stereo option still :D

but for what it is really love it.

hope someome makes a video soon how to do a recreation of a amiga track or something similiar im not quite getting there yet sadly.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:53 am I feel like the Amiga mode on TAL Sampler is a bit ...exaggerated. Granted, I've never used an actual Amiga, but I have listened to a LOT of music that was made on Amigas and the noise (aliasing? artifacting? idk) is nowhere near as bad as what TAL Sampler adds.
A lot of time the "Paula output" is exaggerated or even totally wrong. It never aliases like if you put a bit reducer to 8bit and kHz to 22 straight into output or such.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

bmanic wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:52 pm Can confirm the mono+glide glitch.

Also, Amigo doesn't seem to recognize loop points embedded in .wav audio files. Heck I'm not sure it reads set loops correctly at all.

I have a few drumloops that I exported from TX16w sampler with loops turned on and both Kontakt and Ami Sampler recognizes the loops. Amigo does not.
The mono + glide click is semi-intentional.
When making music software, you're in constant battle against clicks and pops. I have employed numerous little tricks to prevent popping, which the amiga does do. The basic problem comes from retriggering voices, if a voice is halfway through playing, and gets retriggered, it has to jump back to the start of the sample, causing a small pop in some scenarios. I have implemented a few tricks elesewhere to prevent popping, but left out this edge case.
I will fix in the first bugfix, I hope to have it out this week.

I will also have to do some testing with loop points. In my testing, loop points loaded fine. So I'll need to look into this.

EDIT : ISSUE RESOLVED !

The Theme Editor doesn't seem to be working correctly for me.

Compare the results of the following design:
1.png

With what downloaded:
2.png

Looking at the text file, the background and text colours (and perhaps others), are not matching with those selected in the top image.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PROPERTIES>
<VALUE name="background" val="aaa06a"/>
<VALUE name="highlight" val="e8dfd0"/>
<VALUE name="shadow" val="4f4444"/>
<VALUE name="wave" val="99f868"/>
<VALUE name="wave_background" val="000000"/>
<VALUE name="logo" val="222222"/>
<VALUE name="slices" val="ff0000"/>
<VALUE name="startEnd" val="ffa200"/>
<VALUE name="loop" val="eaff00"/>
<VALUE name="parameter_text" val="222222"/>
</PROPERTIES>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MrJubbly on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrJubbly wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:00 pm
That is really odd! It's working in all our tests.

What browser are you using, and how are you loading the theme?

email help@potenzadsp.com for help

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:29 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:00 pm
That is really odd! It's working in all our tests.

What browser are you using, and how are you loading the theme?

email help@potenzadsp.com for help
Yeah, that was really odd. I don't know what happened.

I tried it again and it seems to be working correctly now...

Amigo Theme Editor - Working.png

Not sure what happened the first time. (I used Opera GX, current version, for both attempts, btw. - dragged and dropped onto Amigo's UI from Windows 11 File Explorer)

Perhaps, it was just a one-off glitch, for some unknown reason? Or even user error? Since, I can't recall what steps I took, to reproduce the bug, if any even exists.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MrJubbly on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loving the sound and immediacy of this! I’m not a jungle producer but it’s a lofi chord machine.

Fundamental noob usage question (needs to be stated first that clearly I am no old-skool junglist in terms of using a sampler)

OK, I am actually trying to use Amigo in a tune I'm working on rather than just messing with samples and trying out the controls. I got a 135 bpm break loop and a song I am working on in Live at 144 bpm. If I drag the loop into a new track/clip in Live, obviously it warps it to 144. If I drag the same loop into a Amigo, what is the process of getting it at 144? If I just put the pitch at +1 it _almost_ nails it.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm Fundamental noob usage question (needs to be stated first that clearly I am no old-skool junglist in terms of using a sampler)

OK, I am actually trying to use Amigo in a tune I'm working on rather than just messing with samples and trying out the controls. I got a 135 bpm break loop and a song I am working on in Live at 144 bpm. If I drag the loop into a new track/clip in Live, obviously it warps it to 144. If I drag the same loop into a Amigo, what is the process of getting it at 144?
use pitch n finetune, and use ya ear ;)

oldschool ways hehe

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:40 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm Fundamental noob usage question (needs to be stated first that clearly I am no old-skool junglist in terms of using a sampler)

OK, I am actually trying to use Amigo in a tune I'm working on rather than just messing with samples and trying out the controls. I got a 135 bpm break loop and a song I am working on in Live at 144 bpm. If I drag the loop into a new track/clip in Live, obviously it warps it to 144. If I drag the same loop into a Amigo, what is the process of getting it at 144?
use pitch n finetune, and use ya ear ;)

oldschool ways hehe
Got it!

I was actually editing mine as you were writing a reply, pitch at +1 almost gets it so I will use finetune to get it closer

Return to “Instruments”