I released a new version of my free & open-source modular synth plugin "blocks"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:18 am
BackInCheck wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:03 pmIf you don't mind me asking: what prevents you from building your own instruments in Phase Plant? Instruments as in presets / patches?
The shithouse filter it comes with. I don't like it at all. The newer filter they added was a big improvement but I'm still not a fan of the overall tone of it. It's the perfect platform to provide a dozen different filter options but Kilohearts don't seem to have any interest in that sort of stuff.
Shithouse is not exactly the term I would use but I do agree that in comparison with the rest of the features, phase plant has not enough filters.
It has actually very advanced EQs, and decent filters, but their strategy to say "we don't try to reproduce a VA, we do modern synthesis only" goes a bit too far here. They should do like volcano 3 from Fabfilter, or Spire, or Avenger and propose more flavours of filters.

As per the free synth from the OP. It does look awesome. Congratulations on the excellent work.

BONES wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:19 pm
JamminFool wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 pmwho f*cking cares?
Scotty has an opinion, I have an opinion, all you can do is have a f**king whinge, you pathetic little nobody.
who f*cking cares?

JamminFool wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 am
Scotty has an opinion, I have an opinion, all you can do is have a f**king whinge, you pathetic little nobody.
who f*cking cares?
Don't engage with trolls, and with this troll in particular. He thrives on attention, don’t give him what he wants.

We could be talking about the latest blocks version, for example. Has anyone tried it yet? Personally I’m happy with Reaktor Blocks w/ Toybox blocks, but I’m keeping an eye out. Is it entering serious territory by now?

nanostream wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:49 am
JamminFool wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 am
who f*cking cares?
Don't engage with trolls, and with this troll in particular. He thrives on attention, don’t give him what he wants.

We could be talking about the latest blocks version, for example. Has anyone tried it yet? Personally I’m happy with Reaktor Blocks w/ Toybox blocks, but I’m keeping an eye out. Is it entering serious territory by now?
you are, of course, correct. thanks for the reminder.

and yes, blocks is the topic. please forgive me.

soonth wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:04 pm new version is out in which (almost) everything is modulatable :)
still crashing AU validation in logic (under mojave)

Code: Select all

validating Audio Unit blocks by soonth:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1 
    Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'Bloc' - 'Soon'
Manufacturer String: soonth
AudioUnit Name: blocks
Component Version: 0.1.7 (0x107)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF