Fors Tela

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

too bad it doesn't support 10.13. Many developers still do.

I guess this is going to keep happening until I'm forced to upgrade.

When are we getting a windows version???

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:47 pm
ess_m wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 pm It exposes every single parameter accurately within the DAW so you can automate and/or MIDI map. :–)
yeah, about that. maybe some people like it like that but it's a royal ballache in hosts like logic where the emphasis is on mapping control surfaces to automation rather than having a setup like a linnstrument with a breath controller usable across multiple channels.

and Ableton doesn't exactly have a stellar bunch of m4l transformers. so you can wind up with a pileup of midifx plugins that, unless you write a custom script for, need to be individually invoked for each incoming cc message. convert aftertouch to cc etc etc. and to move presets from Ableton to logic, you've got to remake the mappings.

ok, maybe not a showstopper because pluginguru's unify exists. let's just save presets in that and then at least there are eight learnable parameters using the macro knobs. not ideal but better than a kick in the head.

...but then you've got pitchbend, which unify doesn't convert and PG's modmate isn't on apple silicon yet. which isn't an issue if a synth supports pitchbend, but...

...this synth doesn't seem to support pitch bend or if it does I haven't found it yet. so it's either scripting time or add a converter in the logic midifx. then you have the issue of mapping to a usable range. linnstrument set to ±24? no major problems. pitchwheel on a keyboard where the default is usually ±2? careful with those range settings, eugene. one false move and you'll never get it back in the centre again.

I get this wasn't meant to be a physical modelling instrument per se but to have a modal synth that doesn't handle tactile control all that well does not seem to me to be a winning idea. the sound comes alive with a bit of midi controller action but like I say it's real ballache to set up. prism's midi handling is not great but at least it's there.

I also think you should maybe reconsider just having vertical mouse movements for parameter changes (I've now lost count of the number of times I've tried to slide to the right or left and found nothing happens) and whether the ui language is really appropriate for some of the controls. it can be really difficult in some cases to tell whether some are on/off switches, which don't react to vertical x/y at all, or are sliders. or maybe just allow a slide to change state on things like Retrig.
bro get off kvr and make some music

zeph wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 am When are we getting a windows version???
See previous page.
Short answer is likely never

Zoopy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:39 am bro get off kvr and make some music
the irony here is palpable.

i was wiring up pitchbend in order to play the thing. what did you do?

oh, you didn't read the post did you? you were just annoyed anything less than effusive praise was in it.

what's the installation folder ? it didnt appear in my CLAP folder its weird i've tried to reinstall it and still..

: ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/CLAP
contains no plugins so strange

For me it installed into my user CLAP folder which is not where most CLAP plugins install to so I had to move it to the main one

meh.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:53 am For me it installed into my user CLAP folder which is not where most CLAP plugins install to so I had to move it to the main one
this threw me at first when I was trying to wrap it in unify (as I don't do a full scan with unify). I wound up moving it into the /Library folder tree as well.

if it's not getting placed into the user clap folder in the first place, it's worth checking permissions and retrying the installer or using Pacifist to extract the plugin from the installer and move it into place manually.

Unify supports CLAP now?

It's installed to the User Library for technical reasons, I really don't recommend moving it as some features may not work correctly (specifically automatic updates will flat out not work) Just a heads up.

ess_m wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:38 am It's installed to the User Library for technical reasons, I really don't recommend moving it as some features may not work correctly (specifically automatic updates will flat out not work) Just a heads up.
Ah you're right, that's why it was needing 2 mouse clicks to move any param

Possible bug? I set up a whole bunch of automation in Bitwig for the parameters I wanted to hear automating, with the intention of cycling through some random sounds to see what was common to all automated sounds. It seems that once I've generated a random sound (or switched to another saved sound), the automation is ignored until I save and reopen.

Edit - this is in Bitwig. Perhaps a Bitwig bug?

wintoid wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:15 pm Possible bug? I set up a whole bunch of automation in Bitwig for the parameters I wanted to hear automating, with the intention of cycling through some random sounds to see what was common to all automated sounds. It seems that once I've generated a random sound (or switched to another saved sound), the automation is ignored until I save and reopen.

Edit - this is in Bitwig. Perhaps a Bitwig bug?
It's not a bug... it's how Bitwig works... if you automate a parameter and then adjust the parameter, that will deactivate the automation. Up top, next to the transport position, is the restore automation button.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:37 pm It's not a bug... it's how Bitwig works... if you automate a parameter and then adjust the parameter, that will deactivate the automation. Up top, next to the transport position, is the restore automation button.
Ah thanks, sorry for the confusion then, I've never attempted anything like that before.

Return to “Instruments”