Let‘s speculate about 5.3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh boy…

We are absolutely, 100% getting Reverb+
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I hope so. What disappoints me about Reverb is that Tank FX doesn't have much of an effect on the sound. Even an aggressive low pass does very little. I'll have to build my own in the grid.

What is actually missing now? I would like a real pedal/amp sim, but that's just me. Amp is cool, just not suitable for guitars.

New algorithms for Pitch Shifter? A granular delay? Limiter+? I don't feel like I'm missing much. And you can do so much in the grid.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:40 am We are absolutely, 100% getting Reverb+
I'll just get my moan in early then :wink:

Just checking my account this will be close to £1000 I will have spent on Bitwig since it was launched if I update again next year...I sometimes wonder if I would have started knowing that! I just seem to be too week to not keep upgrading!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If the daw wants to compete in the market it needs to work on and implement professional features. Not devices.
I have a dilemma. On one hand I really hope for professional stuff in next updates. On other hand I lost hope.

I was supporting bitwig regardless if updates was useful for me or not. But since I don’t see any professional stuff being implemented I no longer feel urge to support them with my money.

PS: to everyone who think new copressors and eq are professional features they are not. Something can be easily replaced not professional features. It’s not 1998 and plugins not just begin to appeal. And this is not only my opinion. I spoke to a few people who use bitwig professionally on day to day basis. And all want professional features, not devices. Many people use bitwig just for sound design as scratch pad. For pro work go to studio one, Cubase etc.

So please bitwig. 5.3 work on professional stuff and if you have some free time then ad all your + devices.
Last edited by vroteg on Wed May 01, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh. About speculation. Nothing to speculate about. No hope at this moment.

Zikax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am There will be no 5.3 they skip and release version 6.
There's been a roughly 2 year cycle between major version releases in the past, and 5.0 is a little under a year old right now. So I think we'll see a 5.3 and possibly 5.4 before 6.0.

SLiC wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:40 am We are absolutely, 100% getting Reverb+
I'll just get my moan in early then :wink:

Just checking my account this will be close to £1000 I will have spent on Bitwig since it was launched if I update again next year...I sometimes wonder if I would have started knowing that! I just seem to be too week to not keep upgrading!
Renewing BW every year racks up the cost, I have tried to move to major releases only. So when 6 comes out I will probably then get that.

I got V5 when the beta started so ended up with 5.1 but have missed 5.2. I won't do that again, I will wait for the full release of 6 and not get it when the beta starts...
Bitwig, against the constitution.

yes ,I envy reapers, who can leave the device to a third party and spend their energy on more interesting functions.

preview Browser files through the selected track channel. ( if that makes sense )

Their prior work on better onset detection and tempo mapping might have been in preparation for their own retrospective recording implementation.

Dionysos wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:52 am Their prior work on better onset detection and tempo mapping might have been in preparation for their own retrospective recording implementation.
Not the best idea to tie the onset detection to anything. They have tried. They failed with this one. Cuz onset detection doesn’t work good…

vroteg wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 amNot the best idea to tie the onset detection to anything. They have tried. They failed with this one. Cuz onset detection doesn’t work good…
Absolutely, the only way to build or learn anything is to come out with the perfect solution immediately. If it's not perfect right away, you have failed and it's best to stop trying.

Dionysos wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:49 am Absolutely, the only way to build or learn anything is to come out with the perfect solution immediately. If it's not perfect right away, you have failed and it's best to stop trying.
Not 100 percent sure what you mean. Are you are trying to be sarcastic?

Onset detection was advertised to us as updated over one year ago. It’s one year later and bitwig still miss onsets and one it detects usually not on transients. One year. Should be enough to iron out bugs and polish feature inside and out.

Reason just got update for their midi editor so Bitwig is probably the last one in this area. So I speculate that they will finally steal all good ideas from fl studio and we get a usable piano roll with scale locking etc. and also automation clips with some extra modulators...

Return to “Bitwig”