Eventide updates H3000 Factory and Band Delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Mk II versions sound a little more forward and present. But it’s very subtle and I doubt anyone would notice in a mix. Or outside of a direct A/B comparison with Mk I.

The new GUI does make it much nicer though, for sure. But I don’t think I would want to spend $99 to upgrade if I didn’t get it free. Though my OCD would probably compel me to anyways. :hihi:

Really the main problem is the lack of algorithms from the H3000 that made it what it is. Band Delays is nice, but Factory is, as I pointed out before, just a couple of the algorithms with ‘Factory’ in the name (but not “Reverb Factory”) that seem to be Happy Meal versions of full effects. The H3000 Patch Factory algorithm is a modular collection of basic functions that you can string together to create different effects. This is why H3000 Factory is rather underwhelming for what you would expect from an Eventide Ultra-Harmonizer.

What you’re missing is all of the algorithms and presets that the H3000 is famous for… those signature effects that you recognize from classic albums and big artists. Or any of the actual harmonizing effects.

These are the H3000 algorithms you don’t get:

100 - DIATONIC SHIFT
101 - LAYERED SHIFT
102 - DUAL SHIFT
103 - STEREO SHIFT
104 - REVERSE SHIFT
105 - SWEPT COMBS
106 - SWEPT REVERBS
107 - REVERB FACTORY
108 - ULTRA-TAP
109 - LONG DIGIPLEX
110 - DUAL DIGIPLEX
112 - STUTTER
113 - TIMESQUEEZE
114 - DENSE ROOM
115 - VOCODER
116 - MULTI-SHIFT
118 - STRING MODELLER
119 - PHASER
120 - STUDIO SAMPLER

What you do get is:

[H3000 Factory]
111 - PATCH FACTORY
122 - MOD FACTORY|ONE
123 - MOD FACTORY|TWO

[H3000 Band Delays]
117 - BAND DELAYS
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Gam456 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 pm
Synthman2000 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 pm I purchased the H3000 factory plug in. I have never ever used it, glassy, hard, cheap bad sounding plug in, expected so much more. If it goes super cheap I will maybe try it. I have got good plugs coming out of my ears so I don't need this. It'll never make your record a hit, all a bit late and still falls short of the mark.
You purchased, never used it and it sound cheap for you... :nutter:
Try and use are 2 different things. H3000 as a product name has weight behind it.

Won't be being stung twice by that trick.

4-5 quality effects in a similar vane will be better and likely easier to use.

Would have bought this if it weren't for iLok. Have my eye on the Eventide H90 though.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

egbert101 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:46 pm Would have bought this if it weren't for iLok. Have my eye on the Eventide H90 though.
Just to clarify, a free iLok account is required for the license activation but you do not need a physical iLok dongle. You can activate the license directly to your computer. Let me know if you have any questions.

Orville71 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 pm Let me know if you have any questions.
Here's one: Why not expand the H3000 Mk II plugins to a full H3000 Series (like the H9 Series plugins) that covers ALL of the H3000 algorithms?

It's 2024. Isn't it time to give the people what they want?

jamcat wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:59 pm
Here's one: Why not expand the H3000 Mk II plugins to a full H3000 Series (like the H9 Series plugins) that covers ALL of the H3000 algorithms?
If you mean that the H9 series cover all the algos in the H9 that's not true. There are alot more algos on the H9. There's about 50 algos on the H9, most are from the "Factor" pedals but the H9 also has 9 unique ones, only 2 of which are available as plugins. The other H9 plugins are derived from the Factor pedals.
Last edited by ChamomileShark on Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Quite nice update. Feels like new FX. Very powerful, very accessible now.
Congrats!

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:11 pm
If you mean that the H9 series cover all the algos in the H9 that's not true. There are alot more algos on the H9. There's about 50 algos on the H9, most are from the "Factor" pedals but the H9 also has 9 unique ones, only 2 of which are available as plugins. The other H9 plugins are derived from the Factor pedals.
There are also a bunch of new H90 algorithms that also don't exist in plugin form (yet).

Synthman2000 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:27 am
Synthman2000 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 pm I purchased the H3000 factory plug in. I have never ever used it, glassy, hard, cheap bad sounding plug in, expected so much more. If it goes super cheap I will maybe try it. I have got good plugs coming out of my ears so I don't need this. It'll never make your record a hit, all a bit late and still falls short of the mark.
Try and use are 2 different things. H3000 as a product name has weight behind it.

It's quite surprising that they've never done a more complete H3000. Surely it would be the best selling plugin in their range and people would pay decent money for the full 3000 done correctly.

Jmf1928 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm
Synthman2000 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:27 am

It's quite surprising that they've never done a more complete H3000. Surely it would be the best selling plugin in their range and people would pay decent money for the full 3000 done correctly.
If you look closer. Eventide released less than 5% of their algorithms
The mighty H9000 have more than 1600 algorithms !

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:11 pm
If you mean that the H9 series cover all the algos in the H9 that's not true. There are alot more algos on the H9.
No, I just mean a full suite like the H9 Series. If there were as many H3000 plugins as there are H9 Series plugins, the entire H3000 would be covered.

I think that would be just too much work for too little interest tbh...

and I would guess they think that they have most everything interesting which the H3000 plugins themselves do not cover, covered elsewhere - and usually better (.e.g. with Ultratap and Tverb (Reverb Factory)).

Keep in mind that these three "Factory"-algos are the only modular ones. They already cover a lot of ground - in fact you could probably say that they are the pinnacle of what the H3000 is mostly about.

Something also to keep in mind is that they are super-familiar with all their own algos (i.e. what they do, how they sound, where they implemented what iteration of them, etc.), while you are not very much at all. So chances are their own judgement is far more sound than yours. ;-)

Having said that:

the String Modeller sounds really neat indeed and I don't think that they have something like this covered in any other plugin.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I can see why some wouldnt like the H3000 presets. But they do sound good imo, on
appropriate material. Beyond that, not so
much. :shrug:

jens wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:57 pm I think that would be just too much work for too little interest tbh...

and I would guess they think that they have most everything interesting which the H3000 plugins themselves do not cover, covered elsewhere - and usually better (.e.g. with Ultratap and Tverb (Reverb Factory)).
I think that is a valid point, yes multi-shift and diatonic harmonizing (which is what I think the H3000 is really all about) is covered by Octavox and Quadravox, and the Phaser is covered by Instant Phaser (the H3000 manual says “return of the Instant Phaser”) and Ultra-Tap is covered by UltraTap. (I think Utraverb is going to be closer to Reverb Factory, and SP2016 is going to be similar to Dense Reverb.)

However, H3000 factory Mk I covered the ‘Factory’ algorithms just as well as those plugins cover the respective H3000 algorithms. You were personally dissatisfied with the Mk I versions because they didn’t fully emulate the ADC/DAC converters. And in the same way, those other plugins don’t precisely capture the full H3000 experience. (And actually, I don’t see any “deglitching” switch in the H3000 Factory’s Expert page, unlike that hardware.)

So what I want is not some “it will do” type plugins that get you in the ballpark, but a full virtual H3000 in my DAW that takes the place of the hardware, complete with all the original presets. That’s what Mk II is supposed to be all about. I honestly don’t know what the interest in that would be, but I don’t think it is insignificant. The H3000 is still the #1 thing from Eventide that people know and want.

And I don’t know of any plugins from Eventide that do Reverse Shift.

I don't have my H3500 anymore to compare them and never used the MKI because the UI sucked and I had alternatives for pretty much everything (from Eventide, often enough) ... but this MKII sounds good and it's nice to use and switch between options without having multiple Eventide plugins open.

Return to “Effects”