SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

kv331 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 am
exmatproton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 pm Maybe this has been fixed already,,don't know..(cannot check right now). But when using a PWM osc effect; when cranking the pwm2 effect so that the osc is blank, the release will stop.
This might be related to the "release threshold" I mentioned above.
Unfort. that release threshold "bug" fix didn't fix the 'pulse1 and pulse2 fx' issue.

exmatproton wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 pm Unfort. that release threshold "bug" fix didn't fix the 'pulse1 and pulse2 fx' issue.
Is there any chance you save that preset and send it to me at:

bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 pm Unfort. that release threshold "bug" fix didn't fix the 'pulse1 and pulse2 fx' issue.
Is there any chance you save that preset and send it to me at:

bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com
It is not in 1 particular preset, as i recall. But ofcourse, i will send you a preset where i'm sure it happens 👍🏻

Hi guys, I am continuing my daily builds with SynthMaster 3 Rev 15106. This update has many fixes for loading SynthMaster One and SynthMaster 2 presets:

1. FIX: When a SynthMaster One preset is loaded (by replacing an entire preset), fx bus1/fx bus2 send amounts should be set to zero and fx bus1/fx bus2 should be bypassed
2. FIX: Constant modulation source value is not set correctly
3. FIX: Chorus effect is not loaded correctly when loading SynthMaster One presets
4. FIX: SynthMaster One presets with arpeggiators/sequencers that have slides and holds in their steps are not loaded correctly
5. FIX: SynthMaster One presets with One Shot ADSR Envelopes are not loaded correctly
6. FIX: SynthMaster 2 presets with arpeggiators/sequencers that have slides and holds in their steps are not loaded correctly
7. FIX: SynthMaster 2 presets with One Shot ADSR Envelopes are not loaded correctly
8. FIX: SynthMaster 3 renders SynthMaster One filters with 16 semitones offset in cutoff frequency
9. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't render SynthMaster One oscillator key tracking behavior correctly
Works at KV331 Audio

I am very glad that SynthMaster has remained my favorite synthesizer all these years (user since version 1). Thanks for the update!

I have been lucky enough to have a second, powerful computer given to me, though it has not arrived yet.
I like the idea of having it as a sort of external sound module in the manner of, say a Roland 1080, using Synthmaster 3's 16 layers.
That would, I guess require SM3 to be operational stand alone, and also have individual midi input channels for each of those 16 layers.
Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but does it have these 2 features?
Thanks

buzz1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am That would, I guess require SM3 to be operational stand alone, and also have individual midi channels for each of those 16 layers.
Thanks
Yes! Each layer has its own MIDI Input AND Output channel (Yes you can send MIDI Out from arpeggiators + sequencers. Each layer has a sequencer followed by an arpeggiator):

MIDI Out.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi guys, here's the latest build for SynthMaster 3 Beta (Rev 15110). We have more fixes for backwards compatibility with SynthMaster One presets. I went through at least 100 SM1 presets and compared side by side. There are still issues, but we are getting there!

Here's the change log:

1. FIX: Modulators don't render sampled noise correctly
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 renders SynthMaster One filters with 16 semitones offset in cutoff frequency
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 crashes when a filter or waveshaper that's already connected is moved in between other modules
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't render SynthMaster One digital envelopes correctly
5. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't render SynthMaster One oscillators with subs correctly
Works at KV331 Audio

I really like the update, but tbh maybe its better to have updates weekly instead of daily?

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 am I really like the update, but tbh maybe its better to have updates weekly instead of daily?
I will switch to that hopefuly :)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:18 am
Lbdunequest wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 am I really like the update, but tbh maybe its better to have updates weekly instead of daily?
I will switch to that hopefuly :)
:D

As long as it is Beta, i really like the ~daily updates :tu:

kv331 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:05 pm
buzz1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am That would, I guess require SM3 to be operational stand alone, and also have individual midi channels for each of those 16 layers.
Thanks
Yes! Each layer has its own MIDI Input AND Output channel (Yes you can send MIDI Out from arpeggiators + sequencers. Each layer has a sequencer followed by an arpeggiator):

MIDI Out.png
Thanks. That's a great feature and makes SM3 a very tempting purchase.
No doubt many people have a second computer sitting around that could be turned into a hugely powerful multi part synthesis module for a relatively small outlay.

'

Two questions, please:

1. Is this where bug reports are to be posted?

2. Is it ok to overwrite Beta builds, or should SM3 be uninstalled before installing a new build?

Thanks.

photonk wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:05 pm Two questions, please:

1. Is this where bug reports are to be posted?

2. Is it ok to overwrite Beta builds, or should SM3 be uninstalled before installing a new build?

Thanks.
1 .You can report issues here, sure. You can also add them to our bug database:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

2. You can safely overwrite Beta builds.
Works at KV331 Audio

Estimate date of official release?

Return to “Instruments”