new song "summer" - vocal and/or guitar colaborati

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blaster78 wrote: Could you upload an mp3 of just the guitar part so I can have a play around with it ?
Sure - just tell me what you prefer. Of course mono/dry, but would you want me to add a count in? I mean, those patterns don't start exactly on a beat, so a count in perhaps would be helpful when lining up things. I could also rar them wave files up, but I doubt that's worth the effort as the git's really aren't that great in terms of timing and/or sound (allready had a few beers, but uhm, that should be no excuse...).
Also, do you want all of them? I could even redo some parts tomorrow with a clearer mind...
Whatever you want.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Blaster / Sascha

If you like, I'll just record some acoustic guitar bits and Sascha can provide the Electric Guitar stuff... We'll Probably get a more diverse piece then... Plus, I'm more at home on my acoustic than the electric :)

Ben

Glooper wrote: (though, I'm not sure I like the run down at 57-1:00)
Haha! Don't tell me! I'm pretty much sure I don't... I was just too lazy to do another take. As said, I was only quickly fooling around with things.
I would redo about everything, to be honest.

all good stuff chaps....

the more the merrier really, as i just said in my email to ben, if there a few collaborators we can just do multiple versions of the song or as suggested mix it all up a little.

Do whatever you can ben, it gives us more to pick and choose from.

Sascha - stick everything you've got in a rar for me - however you wan't to do it, but dry is good.

if you want to re record some stuff over the weekend or whatever that's cool. once weve got some semblance of a tune going there might need to be a few "retakes" anyway to make things fit.

Then we pass that off to donks and he can add some vox.

THanks for this I appreciate it.

listening to it on repeat now, I agree on the 57 seconds malarky - excuse the non guitarist here. but I have to say when you come in with the lead at 33secs it's class :D :D 8)

Allright, for now I will post the files as MP3s including count ins. My upload speed isn't exactly the best, it's late allready over here (1:50am) and I'm not that much happy with my gits either, so I will redo them either tomorrow (most likely even) or on saturday, then we could see whether RAR is a better idea.

Further, if you got any criticism about the files as they are by now, just shoot away - that might make redoing things easier.

Anyways, gimme 10-20 minutes or so to bounce things down, will post them then.

nice one, i can have a piss about then and see how it all fits, re record some leccy piano and maybe use a real bass.

Bens going to sort out some acousticky stuff over the weekend so if you want to redo anything thats fine and then we'll see where we stand at that point.

pass it over to donks for the vox and roberts your fathers brother.

Steve.

Allright, you can find the dry and counted-in gits here:
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/kvr/waltz/beat2chack.mp3
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/kvr/waltz/chords01.mp3
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/kvr/waltz/chords02.mp3
http://home.arcor.de/s.franck/kvr/waltz/noodle01.mp3

All of them have a 2bar count in, so it should be easy to line them up properly in whatever host you're using. File quality is 96kbps/mono, wich is as good as 192/stereo, certainly fine for all electric gits.
Please don't be afraid about all that noise...

cheers

Oh btw., almost forgot: Logic was telling me the tempo is 90BPM - I hope that was correct.

Allright, need some sleep now, read you guys tomorrow.

just incase anyones interested, first mix of this with guitars (very rough) is uploaded under the same name on my soundclick account

www.soundclick.com/bands/1/blaster78music.htm

needs some more work and then some inspired vox from DT but I think it's sounding quite pleasant.

let me know what you all think, first time I've done much of this with "real" instruments.

ta.

Return to “Music Cafe”