Logic's Sample alchemy is basically a streamlined/best of Alchemy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not familiar with the Alchemy, last time I heard it - I wasn't impressed with the basses and leads.
But maybe this isn't the strong side of Alchemy. I know many people are hooked to it for some reason, probably not for basses and leads, but for morphing? Granular?
Now the question is if Sample alchemy is basically takes the cool stuff from Alchemy and puts it in a simplified form? Is that what it is?

roman.i wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 am Now the question is if Sample alchemy is basically takes the cool stuff from Alchemy and puts it in a simplified form? Is that what it is?
Its a sample player with some stuff from Alchemy.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It looks much more than just a sample player...

It's essentially a streamlined, cut-down version of Alchemy that strips out the synthesizer parts, so it's sample playback only, but gives nice visual controls to manipulate the sample playback. It makes it much more fun if you primarily want to play with samples...

Is this like the Alchemy Player (which I still have) and will soundbanks be compatible? (and as I write this I'm sure it's all Mac architecture now, so the answer is probably no.) I think Apple should release a version of this for Windows. Camel, I'm sure, had a steady income stream from all those $20 soundbanks.

osiris wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm :) :)
Is this like the Alchemy Player (which I still have) and will soundbanks be compatible? (and as I write this I'm sure it's all Mac architecture now, so the answer is probably no.) I think Apple should release a version of this for Windows. Camel, I'm sure, had a steady income stream from all those $20 soundbanks.
No it isn’t like Alchemy Player.
It is fully featured Alchemy on steroids - capable of much than original :)

It’s definitely a synthesizer though, a sample tracking synthesizer I guess it would be called. It uses samples as the oscillators source kinda like a wavetable synth and a granular synth. It’s like a combination of Native Instruments Form and the iPad app Samplr

osiris wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm :(
You’re right, Apple will never release it for Windows I’m afraid… :(

It looks really nice. I'm sure it sounds great. The old Player still works and still sounds good, but it's such old software I can't tweak a know without FL freaking out.

This isn’t an Alchemy preset player. It’s a sample scanning synthesizer, it’s like Form by Native Instruments. They are both a lot of fun to use

ChanceB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm It’s definitely a synthesizer though, a sample tracking synthesizer I guess it would be called. It uses samples as the oscillators source kinda like a wavetable synth and a granular synth. It’s like a combination of Native Instruments Form and the iPad app Samplr
Alchemy also uses samples as it VA osc sources

seafire wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 pm
ChanceB wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm It’s definitely a synthesizer though, a sample tracking synthesizer I guess it would be called. It uses samples as the oscillators source kinda like a wavetable synth and a granular synth. It’s like a combination of Native Instruments Form and the iPad app Samplr
Alchemy also uses samples as it VA osc sources
Yes I realize that. I’m just trying to point out that it’s not a stripped down version of Alchemy or a preset player or a sampler but a different kind of Instrument ,at least in use and workflow,although it is based on alchemy as the name implies. It’s fun and easy and touch screen friendly ,so in that sense I guess it is a streamlined/best of

Return to “Instruments”