Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

Hi Mario
I have purchased and installed Harmony Bloom on my PC, but when I try to activate the plugin I get the message "invalid response from server" and the plugin remains un-activated. I have tried disabling my firewall as suggested but the issue remains. Activation has failed several times now with both the VST3 and standalone versions using the serial number and email registered in my account on your website. Can you help me to activate the plugin please?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:25 pm Hi Mario
I have purchased and installed Harmony Bloom on my PC, but when I try to activate the plugin I get the message "invalid response from server" and the plugin remains un-activated. I have tried disabling my firewall as suggested but the issue remains. Activation has failed several times now with both the VST3 and standalone versions using the serial number and email registered in my account on your website. Can you help me to activate the plugin please?
It's very strange that this happens, but if so, it can be for the following reasons.

1 - If you're using Win7 it won't work, you can't make a call to my server to check your serial number.

2 - If you're using a cracked DAW, it might be that the calls from the DAW itself are blocked.

Some things you can try:

- Enter the serial number manually and not by copying and pasting it.

- (alredy done) Check that you don't have a Firewall connected, sometimes it happens that the firewall prevents the connection to the server to validate your license.

- If none of the above works, try connecting with a VPN, it could be that depending on your location there is some problem connecting to the server.

Please try this and let me know how it goes, If nothing works for you, I can give you a refund.

By the way, if you've already sent me an email, it's better if we continue our conversation there.

Mario

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:13 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:25 pm Hi Mario
It's very strange that this happens, but if so, it can be for the following reasons.

1 - If you're using Win7 it won't work, you can't make a call to my server to check your serial number.
I'm not using Win7
2 - If you're using a cracked DAW, it might be that the calls from the DAW itself are blocked.
I don't use cracked software.
Some things you can try:

- Enter the serial number manually and not by copying and pasting it.
Tried that. Didn't work
- (already done) Check that you don't have a Firewall connected, sometimes it happens that the firewall prevents the connection to the server to validate your license.
Tried that. Didn't work
- If none of the above works, try connecting with a VPN, it could be that depending on your location there is some problem connecting to the server.
I have no idea how to do that.
Please try this and let me know how it goes, If nothing works for you, I can give you a refund.
Thank you.
By the way, if you've already sent me an email, it's better if we continue our conversation there.

Mario
OK. Thanks for the refund.

This is a topic that really worries me, and I've worked hard to have a system that works well. The tricky part about this problem is that because it happens in such an exceptional way, it's very hard for me to find the bug unless the user with the problem is willing to help me track it down. So, if you're willing, we can stay in touch by email and run several tests to try to solve the problem. Obviously, besides giving you a refund, I would also give you a free license. If you're interested, we can continue this conversation via email.

Thanks for the offer. If you can come up with a solution that would be great, but I've already uninstalled the software and deleted the installers. I want to make music, not track down issues with activation software.

Hi! Harmony Bloom is now available for iPad :) Here's a link to the Apple Store in case anyone is interested.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/harmony-b ... 6480587217

Also, today I'll be live making music with Harmony Bloom (1.2.4) and I'll be giving away 3 codes to download the iPad version for free if you feel like stopping by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuApWwyGqY

Harmony Bloom 1.2.5 Update Available for Desktop (very soon for IpadOS)

New update is free for users who already have it. Just need to log into your account at www.marionietoworld.com to download the 1.2.5 installer for the update, and it's not necessary to re-enter the serial number.

Also today, I'll be live creating music with Harmony Bloom 1.2.5 If you feel like it, drop by and say hi.

https://youtube.com/live/5h_xk-4DMLE?feature=share

What’s New:

- NEW: Now in the plugin version, Trigger Bars can be mapped to be sent through different independent MIDI channels. Additionally, it is possible to select the octave for each trigger bar independently. IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all DAWs can handle internal multi-channel MIDI routing. For instance, Ableton cannot do this on Desktop, as it is a limitation imposed by the DAW itself. The same applies to some DAWs for iPadOS, so depending on the DAW you use, multi-channel sending internally may not be possible.

- NEW: Bypass. When active, all incoming MIDI signals pass through Harmony Bloom unaffected, effectively bypassing its processing. It's equivalent to disabling the plugin.

- NEW: Added new Custom Colors for Dots. Customize the appearance of dots (notes on the spiral) with your choice of colors, enhancing visual feedback and personalizing your user experience.

- NEW: The header colors now match the selected colors.

- NEW: Now the presets can be exported one by one.

- Change of direction and position of the arrows for changing presets to have better control.

- Now, various playback controls, like the midi keyboard mode, have the option active to maintain the state through preset changes by default.

- UI Changes and corrections.

- FIXED: MIDI mappings for the trigger bars were not working correctly.

- FIXED: Fixed issue with correct loading using factory presets, quantize offset was loaded a value below the original.

I updated to v1.2.5 and a project that I'm working on sounds different with regard to the generated sequences from Harmony Bloom. Also the "Custom Colors for Dots" cannot be reset back to default. Back to v1.2.3 as I need to finish my current projects.

emdebee wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm I updated to v1.2.5 and a project that I'm working on sounds different with regard to the generated sequences from Harmony Bloom. Also the "Custom Colors for Dots" cannot be reset back to default. Back to v1.2.3 as I need to finish my current projects.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll check it out and correct it as soon as possible.

Anyone getting good results with rhythmic sequences? I'm having a hard time getting anything useful out of this plugin that's not basic stuff that could be done much easier with any simple arp plugin or even the piano roll. There seem to be only a very few sweet spots for the different offset parameters that don't sound completely fd up if you play a sequence over a beat.
Since there are no "patterns" it's also not simple to create little variations of a sequence. Maybe some way (keyswitches?) to quickly turn a triggerbar on or off would help to play this much more dynamic. It also doesn't seem like you can change the speed of the sequence fluidly, because the offsets don't seem to be play well on different settings for loop length.
Not being able to properly automate the offsets and the missing legato mode don't help either.

Am I missing something or is this plugin just not for me?

Try programming your kicks and snares by hand, then using Harmony Bloom on a separate track for percussion and hihats. Also try setting the N.Notes high, then turning Probability and/or V.Min down. If you're using a percussion kit, set Note Collection to Chromatic and limit N.Min and N.Max to the range of instruments you want to use.

For example, in the following audio, I opened the Afro Shop Kit in Battery, moved all the Djembe sounds to C1-G1, and then used Harmony Bloom to add in random little flourishes and accents on top of the basic beat that I programmed on a separate track. It's similar to how I use Euclidean sequencers except more interesting and less repetitive.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-dahlberg-2/ ... al_sharing

Harmony Bloom can do basic 4-4 patterns, too, but I've personally found that it requires a lot of planning with key mapping. Maybe Mario can suggest a better way.

I like to use/drive it with other generators, eg. Riffer, Chordjam, Reason's players, Hatefish from Hornet etc...

I've probably phrased that badly. I'm not talking about creating percussion sequences. What I mean is I have a 4/4 beat, then try to create some rhythmic sequence with something like a pluck or a synth bass, etc. by feeding chords into harmony bloom which feeds a synth. If I don't touch the offsets, all is fine (but boring). Depending on the loop length there seem to be different sweet spots for the offsets that sound interesting while most settings between them sound like a cat walking over the keyboard. When I've found a sweet spot it seems even harder to "escalate" because there is no easy way for little variations other than probability (not a fan of randomizing). Automating the offsets doesn't work for me right now and automating the other parameters (loop length, note count,...) doesn't give musical results or is too much work (triggerbars). It feels like eating a soup with a fork.

This tool is not so much meant for you bending it to your will and exercise total control but rather exploration within the given options (and there are plenty). You experiment until you find something. The results can be outright stunning.

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:28 pm Automating the offsets doesn't work for me right now and automating the other parameters (loop length, note count,...) doesn't give musical results or is too much work (triggerbars). It feels like eating a soup with a fork.
I'm using Harmony Bloom in Bitwig. I've been exploring putting Bitwig's Quantizer Device after HB and not quantizing 100%, which let's it still flow while adding a bit of structure.

I've also found value in recording the midi output and then chopping up the bits and pieces I like and putting them together to add coherence.

Return to “Instruments”