Unfiltered Audio Battalion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To add: it also ate my CPU for lunch and made the GUI and Reason's GUI crazy laggy. But, again, old system.

i only found the step setting for the cc sequencing lanes like velocity and stuff, i gotta have a nother look. what i ended up doing was make a 1 bar loop and then record it through the 8 outs and do the rest in audio editing, which was kinda fun because i hadnt done this in a while. might be a good workflow for me after all. the audio engines with the sample engines are fun. i just wish the drums were a bit more flexible. its almost a killer drum plug. btw. the engine selection definitely needs a drop down instead of scrolling!

im kinda torn if i get it now tho. my main engines are xo, drumcomputer, basimilus iteritas (or what its called) and doing stuff in bitwig. i would like a flexible synth + sample engine. on the other hand triaz is really nice with the sequencer and midi handling...

I'll get used to it like all UI's but I'm not fond of the UI on this one. Maybe it's because of my eyes are impaired but everything blends together because the colors are mostly two flat tones. I never used any of UA's plugins so now looking at their other ones on their website I feel the same way. My eyes constantly wonder within the UI, and I lose focus.
:borg: :borg: Furnace // Renoise // Ableton // Reaper :borg: :borg:

parma wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:46 am
pekbro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm Anyone try this with Reason? I was getting some midi overflows. Seems like they dont
get along.
I was getting the same but I'm running it on 10.13 on a 2012 MacPro so I just chalked it up to "too old" even though it's technically within specs. I uninstalled it and will revisit when I upgrade to a Mac Studio
My main computer is a 2013 MBP and I'm not fully satisfied with the CPU/speed I get on it. There's still some obvious optimization we can add and I plan to do that within the next few weeks. No promise as to the official release and how much faster it'll run, but please know that it will be worked on and hopefully improved. Cheers!
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

@Amusesmile if you make it spit out midi i could record patterns into my daw, which would help alot.

gExpectations wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:26 pm @Amusesmile if you make it spit out midi i could record patterns into my daw, which would help alot.
Awesome- it's been one of the more frequent requests. We'll add live midi out and also some sort of exporter for files, maybe something nice like drag and drop. Requests for midi out features and options, feel free to mention them to me here.

Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 pm
gExpectations wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:26 pm @Amusesmile if you make it spit out midi i could record patterns into my daw, which would help alot.
Awesome- it's been one of the more frequent requests. We'll add live midi out and also some sort of exporter for files, maybe something nice like drag and drop. Requests for midi out features and options, feel free to mention them to me here.
Honestly, any way to get midi out is fine for me. Drag and drop is the fastest. If I can record midi that works too and has the added benefit of being able to sequence other things (could be interesting with the euclidean generator). Both is the best of course. Else pattern slots would have been great but thats a different type of feature ;-). And btw. I own most of your VSTs, from specops to lofiaf, they always offer fun sound design options.

Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 pm We'll add live midi out and also some sort of exporter for files, maybe something nice like drag and drop. Requests for midi out features and options, feel free to mention them to me here.
Live Midi Out to individual channels per drum would be great.
Including as many modulations as possible in a form I can map in Bitwig to parameters of instruments.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

+1 for UI optimisation

Please!

Do all the pages run the video all the time? That's a crazy amount of calculation, just for the UI. Had the same with Audio Damage. Those are supposed to be music tools, not graphic tools, just saying!

Medenka wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 pm Do all the pages run the video all the time? That's a crazy amount of calculation, just for the UI. Had the same with Audio Damage. Those are supposed to be music tools, not graphic tools, just saying!
If you test it gui open vs. closed it makes a difference but not as large as might be expected. We'll optimize it but there's so much lower hanging fruit in the audio thread. Just wanted to let the community know we've heard and want to improve that aspect. I'm personally interested in that as a project so it'll move faster than some other stuff :wink: By the way, a public beta can be found on our website which fixes a couple of release bugs:

https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

+1 on the midi out ! *

* In that regard i´d like to notes:
i personally do NOT patch within DAWs.
I use GigPerformer (Host) to host plugins. Nothing else.
( it´s quasi like a freely patchable empty eurorack frame, just that you would patch with common plugins)
There, we have no sequenzers.
Dealing with drummachines means for me:
As much i might like a drummachine, i allways want to have some voices separated, running them based on using own small plugins per voice. Like kicks for example. Mostly kicks ! i prefer to have these as their own thing, own small GUI.
But: to have all the sequenzing just within "one environment" makes a huge difference in the overall workflow !

You folks develope these tools as complete drummachines. I see that ;)
But i see them also -very much- as "just sequenzers". ;)
So, the workflow: use one sequenzer, but have the "option" to deal with different soundsources. Thats a big deal for me.

midi out would be much appreciated !.....for us "non-DAW users" ;)

Amusesmile wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 pm If you test it gui open vs. closed it makes a difference but not as large as might be expected. We'll optimize it but there's so much lower hanging fruit in the audio thread. Just wanted to let the community know we've heard and want to improve that aspect. I'm personally interested in that as a project so it'll move faster than some other stuff :wink: By the way, a public beta can be found on our website which fixes a couple of release bugs:

Are you guys working on the "Too much midi info" warning Reason 12 throws up when randomizing or sometimes just changing presets? I was (again) just chalking it up to "my system is too old" but if you're using an older MacBook...

Hello!

I could not find how to turn off the Seq so it does not auto start with the DAW transport.
Any help?
Thx!

andypryce wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:09 am Hello!

I could not find how to turn off the Seq so it does not auto start with the DAW transport.
Any help?
Thx!
The new beta build on our website fixes this issue. You can download it here. The stop button will then stay toggled so it won't start every time the DAW transport starts. I'm not sure how that ended up in the release build.

Return to “Instruments”