SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

KV331 Audio is proud to release SynthMaster 3 Beta version after so many years of hard work. Here's the "Introduction to SynthMaster 3 Beta" video which explains the new features in SynthMaster 3 in detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXaU_f1x0M

AUDIO DEMOS

Audio demos of SynthMaster 3's factory presets can be listened at KV331 Audio's SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ry-presets

DEMO VERSION

A demo version of SynthMaster 3 is available for download at KV331 Audio web site

The demo is identical to the paid version except the following limitations:

1. The demo stops working after 30 minutes.
2. The demo saves presets but they can only be opened with the paid version of the plug-in.
3. The demo emits noise at every minute.
4. Exporting multi-samples in sfz format is disabled.
5. Exporting wavetables in WAV format is disabled.
6. Samples in Factory Sample Library have 13 bit resolution.

WHAT'S NEW IN SYNTHMASTER 3 ?

Modular Architecture: Each SynthMaster 3 instance can have up to 16 Layers. Each layer can have up to 16 modules (oscillators, modulators, filters and waveshapers), and up to 32 modulation sources (ADSR Envelopes, MSEG Envelopes, LFOs, Noise LFOs, Step LFOs and Scalers).

Backwards compatible with SynthMaster One and SynthMaster 2: SynthMaster 3 can load SynthMaster One and SynthMaster 2 presets. Those presets can also be loaded into layers.

Factory Presets: SynthMaster 3 Beta comes with 350 factory presets designed by Gercek Dorman, NatLife, Demis Hellen and Yuli Yolo. More factory presets are on the way from Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, Bluffmunkey, Davide Puxeddu, Efe Aysal, Kevin Schroeder, Nori Ubukata. Selcuk Ergen and Xenos Soundworks.

VAnalog Oscillator: The new VAnalog oscillator renders the oscillator shape in real-time using line segments to mimic how analog circuits generate waveforms. It comes with many built-in shapes from well known analog synths.

WaveShaper Effect: The new Waveshaper effect in SynthMaster 3 comes with different types of distortion algorithms: Soft Tanh, Soft ATan, Hevy, Fuzz, Fold Sine, Fold Tri, Fold Round, Rectify Full, Rectify Half, Clip and Bitcrush. There is also a Custom algorithm which allows users to draw their own distortion curve.

Phaser Filter: The new phaser filter effect is similar to the phaser effect in SynthMaster One/2. However, as being a polyphonic effect it operates per voice. It uses multiple allpass filters mixed with the input to create phasing effects.

Formant Filter: The new formant filter effect in SynthMaster 3 uses parallel bank of filters to create vowel sounds. Users can select the initial and final vowels (formants) and morph between them.

Comb Filter: The Comb Filter effect in SynthMaster 3 is similar to the digital comb filter type in SynthMaster 2, but with more improvements. The effect can operate in 2 different modes: Feedback and Feedforward. The damping filters in the feedback loop of the comb filter effect can be set in multiple modes: Highpass / HighShelve, LowPass / LowShelve.

Oscillator Unison Types: In SynthMaster 3; basic, wavetable and vanalog oscillators have new oscillator unison parameters: Mix Type, Mix Curve, and Pan Curve. With the Mix Type parameter, different pitches (Octaves & Chords) can be selected for the oscillator unison voices.

Oscillator Noise Types: The following noise types are new in SynthMaster 3: Pink Noise, Brown Noise, Blue Noise and Violet Noise.

Scaler: The KeyScaler in SynthMaster 2 is vastly improved in SynthMaster 3. It is now called Scaler, as users can select another modulation source as its input (instead of Keytrack) and use the scaler as a waveshaper for its input.

Noise LFO: The new Noise LFO modulation source in SynthMaster 3 can be used to generate sample and hold noise.

Separate Arp / Sequencers: Each Layer in SynthMaster 3 has separate arpeggiator and sequencer. The MIDI input signal first goes through the sequencer followed by the arpeggiator.

Arp / Sequencer Randomization: Each step in an arpeggiator / sequencer can have random values for trigger, hold, slide parameters.

Multi-Channel MIDI Out: Each layer has its own MIDI output channel so that users can route the MIDI generated by the Arps / Sequencers to different tracks in their DAW.

Waveform Editor: Single cycle waveforms can be edited with new Waveform Editor in SynthMaster 3.

Wavetable Editor: SynthMaster 3 comes with a comprehensive Wavetable Editor to edit wavetables. The generated wavetables can be saved in SynthMaster 3's own format, or exported in WAV format to be used in other wavetable synths.

Multi-Sample Editor: SynthMaster 3 comes with a comprehensive Multi-Sample Editor to edit multi samples. The multi-samples can be saved in SFZ format, which is a well documented format to store multi sample metadata.
Last edited by kv331 on Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Last edited by kv331 on Sat May 11, 2024 6:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

1. How can I restore my SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 expansions inside SynthMaster 3 ?

For SynthMaster 3 to detect SynthMaster One / 2 presets, SynthMaster One / 2 must have been installed and authorized. Expansions for those synths should be restored inside those synths.

2. When I load some SynthMaster One presets, they don't sound the same

This is a known issue. We will try to address the engine differences as much as we can during the beta stage.

3. When I try to load some SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 presets, they display an "Missing Waveforms" error dialog.

This is a known issue. We will address this during the beta stage.
Works at KV331 Audio

Congrats on the release! :tu:

Is there a way to prevent the OSCs from transposing, e.g., by setting frequency to "fixed" or something like that?
In the default preset (DRM Bass and Groove GD) it really sounds "unusual" when the drum sounds (i. e. the first four layers) tranpose as well. Bug?

e-musician wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm Congrats on the release! :tu:

Is there a way to prevent the OSCs from transposing, e.g., by setting frequency to "fixed" or something like that?
In the default preset (DRM Bass and Groove GD) it really sounds "unusual" when the drum sounds (i. e. the first four layers) tranpose as well. Bug?
Yep, we have pitch key tracking for all oscillators. I will notify Gercek about this issue :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am 1. How can I restore my SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 expansions inside SynthMaster 3 ?

For SynthMaster 3 to detect SynthMaster One / 2 presets, SynthMaster One / 2 must have been installed and authorized. Expansions for those synths should be restored inside those synths.

Could you elaborate further on this... not sure exactly how to install SM 1&2 into SM3.

For example, what do you mean by... Expansions for those synths should be restored inside those synths.

Thanks...

MeanMrMustard wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:47 pm Could you elaborate further on this... not sure exactly how to install SM 1&2 into SM3.

For example, what do you mean by... Expansions for those synths should be restored inside those synths.

Thanks...
1. You install SynthMaster One if it is not installed

2. You restore SynthMaster One expansions inside SynthMaster One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDblhGkWlg

3. You install SynthMaster 2 if it is not installed

4. You restore SynthMsater 2 expansions inside SynthMaster 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVWdo6d6bLQ
Works at KV331 Audio

Playing around with the beta version in Cubase 12 (Windows 10) and I'm running into several bugs right off the bat which is a bummer because I was excited to try it out. Missing samples in some factory presets, also it just stops making sound after a minute or two and it does a weird jumping between sounds even when I don't select a new preset. Going to delete it and wait for the official release which I hope will be less buggy.

I'm not getting on well with sample importing - has it got to be set up as an SFZ or are you meant to be able to drop WAV or AIF samples in? I have imported a set of samples I know are OK but they don't make any sound. Also does it / will it understand metadata for loops and mapping?

gunark wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:25 pm I'm not getting on well with sample importing - has it got to be set up as an SFZ or are you meant to be able to drop WAV or AIF samples in? I have imported a set of samples I know are OK but they don't make any sound. Also does it / will it understand metadata for loops and mapping?
Please watch the video starting at 1:31:01 (I tried to paste the link but it starts from the start)

When reading WAV / AIFF files the following data is read from the WAV data chunks:

Loop Info
Slice (Cue) Info
Metadata (Text)

You can also email me the wav files to test if you'd like. bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:44 pm
gunark wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:25 pm I'm not getting on well with sample importing - has it got to be set up as an SFZ or are you meant to be able to drop WAV or AIF samples in? I have imported a set of samples I know are OK but they don't make any sound. Also does it / will it understand metadata for loops and mapping?
Please watch the video starting at 1:31:01 (I tried to paste the link but it starts from the start)

When reading WAV / AIFF files the following data is read from the WAV data chunks:

Loop Info
Slice (Cue) Info
Metadata (Text)

You can also email me the wav files to test if you'd like. bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com
Thanks for getting back - I have watched that, and while I can sometimes import multiple using the standard way, drag and drop just shows a no entry sign (Mac M2 / Sonoma / Live 12). Also the ones that are importing sometimes are making no sound and show a block for a waveform (wav, 24/48 mono), or just not appearing at all. I've tested both files again with Logic Sampler and they work and their loop metadata shows.

It's not a big issue given this is in beta, hopefully it'll work in the future as I'd love to be able to use my own samples inside a really good synth.

Thank you, I'll send them over.

kv331 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

1. How can I restore my SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 expansions inside SynthMaster 3 ?

I sended the same question to support with no answer so far. But does that mean there is NO chance to install your bought presets in Synthmaster 3 if 2 is not installed. I have not used it for years and now on PC 2/2 are there, on Notebook 0/4, you cant take that serious :dog:

Thanks for all of the time spent, for a small company it's a lot to do to get things in order, appreciate all that has been done thus far.

tatanka wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:53 pm I sended the same question to support with no answer so far. But does that mean there is NO chance to install your bought presets in Synthmaster 3 if 2 is not installed. I have not used it for years and now on PC 2/2 are there, on Notebook 0/4, you cant take that serious :dog:
It's just a 5 minute download and install. Please download and instal SynthMaster One / 2 :)

Most of our users have already SM1 / SM2 installed, so we don't want to increase the network traffic / cost by including SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 content in the setup.
Works at KV331 Audio

twal wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:16 pm Thanks for all of the time spent, for a small company it's a lot to do to get things in order, appreciate all that has been done thus far.
Yes, we are a small company literally struggling to survive in this crowded market :)

Thanks for you support :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”