Bass Studio - New DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pough wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 am All the controls you need are available on the track lanes; the mixer view exists just to shut grandpa up.
Yeah the mixer view is a bit redundant. It's traditional and probably why most DAWs have it as a separate view but I think it's a waste to bother with it. Sure it may be slightly tidier and thus a bit more convenient for, well.... for mixing but I've done just fine using the track arrangement setup.
I suppose Abelton has the right idea with the session view I just don't like having to use the mouse to elongate the channels.
Anyhow, yeah....mixer views for traditionalists. Nothing important.

jens wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 am Is this really neccessary, both of you? Exaggerated positions are gonna lead to a heated discussions that almost invariably drag the thread down with them - not very nice.
Well, I'm not likely to get heated. BONES seems to be pre-heated, but what would KvR be without him swearing at someone for wanting something he deems unnecessary?

Some people feel they need a hardware-style mixer; some people feel they need a sequencer in a drum plugin.

Anyways, bass seems interesting but it doesn't run on my system. I'm guessing it's because of my sad old i3 CPU.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:46 pm what would KvR be without him swearing at someone for wanting something he deems unnecessary?
Did you not basically just do the same by insulting everyone who might dare to wish using a conventional mixing layout in a DAW? (yeah, I know it was humour but it was an insult either way - and clearly meant as such)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”