The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

A potential bug, maybe someone could confirm. If you set the coarse tuning to +1 or +2 in the global section then the low pass in the fixed filter bank seems to stop working.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:43 am Synapse Audio Software has partnered with Hans Zimmer to create The Legend HZ, a major upgrade of our analog-modeling synth emulation, The Legend.
Congratulations, Richard! Your software continues to be one of the cornerstones of my studio. Truly brilliant!
Just when I was so proud to resist the very tempting Dawson Myth, I had to instant buy the Legend upgrade... Actually I prefer Synapse Obsession but when I heard legend with MSEG, my finger pressed the buy button...

That being said, I am not the only one as so far, the download speed is in kilooctet, 90s style...
Maybe will be downloaded in 10 hours...

cb8rwh wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:03 pm A potential bug, maybe someone could confirm. If you set the coarse tuning to +1 or +2 in the global section then the low pass in the fixed filter bank seems to stop working.
"LOW PASS
Boosts or attenuates frequencies below the frequency set by the CUTOFF knob

HIGH PASS
Boosts or attenuates frequencies above the frequency set by the CUTOFF knob.

It's dependent on the cutoff frequency, so you have to alter that if you aren't hearing any changes.

That said, once I alter changing the cutoff knob frequency does make low and high pass have an audible effect at all the course tunings.

Cubendo 13, Mac Silicon.

rsp
sound sculptist

Still thinking about Myth but this was a no brainer

is genetics included?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm is genetics included?
The manual says yes https://www.synapse-audio.com/legend/Th ... nualHZ.pdf

As im a huge The Legend fan this is an instant upgrade for me

Looks like a few of us passed on Myth (so far) nut jumped on this. Myth was a marvellous concept (and I own all the other Dawsome synths) but I just didn't make sounds I could see me using...playing LHZ I am finding myself spending 5 minutes on so on a pre-sets, they are deep, beautiful and potential song starters...Red Mist my top patch far with a bit of Mod Wheel...its great stuff.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

is there a crossgrade path from The legend RE to the Legend Au, VST3 etc.?
"It dreamed itself along"

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:25 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:43 am Synapse Audio Software has partnered with Hans Zimmer to create The Legend HZ, a major upgrade of our analog-modeling synth emulation, The Legend.
Congratulations, Richard! Your software continues to be one of the cornerstones of my studio. Truly brilliant!
Just when I was so proud to resist the very tempting Dawson Myth, I had to instant buy the Legend upgrade... Actually I prefer Synapse Obsession but when I heard legend with MSEG, my finger pressed the buy button...

That being said, I am not the only one as so far, the download speed is in kilooctet, 90s style...
Maybe will be downloaded in 10 hours...
I’m definitely going to buy it, no demo required, but I’ll wait for Monday when hopefully things have died down. I’ve got to referee an introduction of a kitten to an adult cat this weekend. So far, it’s going pretty well, but the adult isn’t too happy about it yet.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

SLiC wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:05 pm Looks like a few of us passed on Myth (so far) nut jumped on this. Myth was a marvellous concept (and I own all the other Dawsome synths) but I just didn't make sounds I could see me using...playing LHZ I am finding myself spending 5 minutes on so on a pre-sets, they are deep, beautiful and potential song starters...Red Mist my top patch far with a bit of Mod Wheel...its great stuff.
It’s funny, I often buy synths like MYTH without intending to use them for my music, at least my finished work. I get a lot of enjoyment from just messing around with them.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zvenx wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:37 pm
That said, once I alter changing the cutoff knob frequency does make low and high pass have an audible effect at all the course tunings.

Cubendo 13, Mac Silicon.

rsp
Thanks for checking.

Yeah I read the manual, but I obviously still did something wrong.

When it says 'below the frequency set by the CUTOFF knob' if I have the cutoff set at 28kHz then everything is below the cutoff knob. It is strange though, as setting the cutoff at 28kHz I can still hear the high pass when turning the dial.

Anyhooo, I hear the effect when I turn the coarse, so thank you for setting me straight :tu:

I don't see the original Legend listed on the plugins page anymore https://www.synapse-audio.com/plugins.html - is it considered "legacy" now, or will it continue to get feature or maintenance updates?

Does it maintain the parameter ranges of the Model D? Minimoog Patch sheets translate?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

hey212 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:58 pm
I don't see the original Legend listed on the plugins page anymore https://www.synapse-audio.com/plugins.html - is it considered "legacy" now, or will it continue to get feature or maintenance updates?
I'm assuming that's an error. It's still available at this URL: https://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html

Return to “Instruments”