Zerbra/Diva library in .aupreset?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hy Urs, Is there a way to set preset format to Native in Diva? I can't find a button to do so.

Bump for Urs

I want all Factory Banks as aupresets. Tomorrow. Better today.

Since Ableton Push can call AU Plugins directly, I have realized that when a make a proper aupreset folder in my Ableton library, Push is able to navigate in the dirs and subdirs of the aupreset folder.

It is important not use the user/Library/Audio/Preset dir or the system dir for the AU presets, if you want subdirs for categories - make a folder in your Ableton user lib dir like this: /Users/yourusername/Music/Ableton/User Library/Presets/Instruments/AU Synth Presets/U-He/Zebra2 and copy all incl. subdirs from the archives (*links below). Make a bookmark in the sidetab. If you done right, now you can call Zebra via the aupresets and change the patches very fast with the push navigator (Browse)

It didn't work the same way with VST presets (fxp) or I didn't figured out how.

Now I hunt everywhere for converted h2p presets - but this is not satisfying. The Zebra 2 factory lib I linked before is a bit older and awakes the Zebra 2.3 compatibility mode. Converting presets one by one is a boring job.

I've been trying several methods of automated au conversion - a promising way seemed to this ruby-on-rails project: https://github.com/jipumarino/presets2aupreset - but I can't get it to do the job. :help:

And at least, I always have problems with the one-by-one h2p - save as aupreset - action. Some presets didn't follow - when I try to load a next h2p, the aupreset stuck sometimes in Mainstage, Logic, Garageband, Ableton Live. So no automator script can work properly.

So please U-He team, please find a way how to offer all bank for all products as aupresets. I couldn't be so hard. Think about all this U-He -- Push musicians and how it feels, not to use a mouse to play a synth.

NI is not the only one who make controller for a better usability :evil:

*aupreset soundbanks for U-He I found so far on Logic Pro Help (often outdated factory libs but shall work so far):

Uhbik: http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... 99#p192399
Zebra2.3: http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... 17#p168917
Diva: http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... 61#p464161
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

You can do that yourself, just takes a couple of clicks. ;)

Switch Zebra2 to "native" preset mode, highlight one of the patches in the patch browser and do the following:

Save current patch without dialog: ALT + click Save button
Save without dialog, jump to next preset: SHIFT + ALT/CMD + click Save button
Save without dialog, jump to previous preset: SHIFT + ALT/CMD + CTRL + click Save button

I found that highlighting the last preset and going with "jump to previous" seems to work best when converting to .aupreset but YMMV.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thank you, this works for Zebra 2, but there is no "native" - option in Hive and Diva?

Not in Hive at this time (don't know why), but in Diva you can switch to "native" mode by right-clicking the Save button.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

In the latest version of Diva you can batch convert patches to aupreset, fxp or NKS in one go.

#rob wrote:Not in Hive at this time (don't know why), but in Diva you can switch to "native" mode by right-clicking the Save button.
OK, Diva preset converting done, thank you again. Not so boring, very fast workflow. Didn't find no hint in the manual about that or maybe I'm blind.

But why not "save as native" in Hive is a riddle. :cry:

It's just not filtered down to Hive yet, Diva was the first to implement this batch conversion as part of the recent update to make it NI NKS compatible. I guess it will come to the others, or at least some of them, in time.

aMUSEd wrote:It's just not filtered down to Hive yet, Diva was the first to implement this batch conversion as part of the recent update to make it NI NKS compatible. I guess it will come to the others, or at least some of them, in time.

Very Nice. At the moment, with Push, call aupresets in a specified instrument group is the best and fastest workflow I ever had with U-He synths. Thank you Rob and amused.

Sorry for necrobumping this thread, but as I'm still inmidst of the process of organizing everything on this brandnew Macbook Air (what a killing machine, btw), I thought I'd have a look about ways to convert all the (now free) Z2 libraries to .aupreset.
I just started doing it manually, holding CMD while clicking "Save" helps a little, but preset selection still requires a click as all the modifier keys @#rob posted don't seem to work anymore.

So, two questions:

- Are there any new and glorious ways to batch convert .h2p to .aupreset?

- In case there's none, I will continue converting things manually (already done with Chronosphere, possible took me somewhat less than 5 minutes). Will I then be allowed to share those aupresets? I mean, the libraries themselves are free downloads ever since the last (incredibly generous) update, so posting aupresets of the h2ps wouldn't harm any sales, right?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:12 pm Are there any new and glorious ways to batch convert .h2p to .aupreset?
Assuming you are using a current version of Diva and Zebra, and assuming you are using the AU version, then you can do it like this:

* Right-click the save button and choose "native" from the menu.
* In the browser select a folder which contains presets to convert.
* In the preset list right-click and choose "Select All" to select all presets in that folder.
* Right-click the preset list again and choose "convert to native".
* This will create duplicates of the .h2p presets in .aupreset format.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:29 pm * Right-click the save button and choose "native" from the menu.
* In the browser select a folder which contains presets to convert.
* In the preset list right-click and choose "Select All" to select all presets in that folder.
* Right-click the preset list again and choose "convert to native".
* This will create duplicates of the .h2p presets in .aupreset format.
Oh wow, that is just fantastic! Thanks!
Could've possibly been clever enough to find out about it myself, but uhm. At least I've been clever enough to ask before continuing the massive clickfest I already started before...
Cheers!

Btw, why does it always take me back to the Chronosphere's "Basses" folder once I converted the content of a folder (regardless of the patch loaded)?
Oops, just tried again, it's another "Basses" folder now ("Energy" library). Weird.

Ok, done with the entire Legacy library. Now that @tasmaniandevil showed me the proper way, it wasn't much work but in case someone wants to save the clickety-clickety, here we are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13lKw7e ... sp=sharing

Infofile about where to ideally place them inside. Mac users only!

Return to “u-he”