Pearl Jam

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New album, compressed to f**k. Ruined it. Just me?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sounds like teeny pop, yes.
Sound kinda good but flattens the feels.
The drums are awful. :roll:

Has anyone compared the vinyl version with the Digital version to see if it is equally as compressed?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
dproper wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:08 pm vinyl version
Haven't found that yet, but can someone tell me what that apparently quite dynamic downmix thing is?

https://dr.loudness-war.info/?artist=pe ... dark+matte (https://dr.loudness-war.info/?artist=pearl+jam&album=dark+matte)

Ok, found it in the description.

Here is the Atmos mix from the Blu-ray converted to 24/48 2.0 and what a treat it is over the awfully compressed vinyl and digital download options (yes, the vinyl has the same master regardless of what the DR meter shows...it's not accurate for vinyl).

Wow, amazed they are still actively making music. It's been 30 years since they burst onto the mainstream.

Evenflow-ow, thoughts arrive like butterflies...
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:59 pm Wow, amazed they are still actively making music. It's been 30 years since they burst onto the mainstream.
Wait until you hear about the Rolling Stones.

seangm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:46 pm Wait until you hear about the Rolling Stones.
Yes, they are special.
A well-behaved signature.

Sadly the result of record execs, bands and mastering engineers not actually understanding how streaming platforms work or how their music sounds once compressed like this.
The latest Soundgarden and Faith No More albums were the same. Unlistenable. Rammstein much the same.

There is no need. All streaming and playback services offer an equivalent of on-demand playback compression, so each track has much the same volume/compression ratio - if so desired by the listener. Sad

Return to “Production Techniques”