Is UVR5 The Best Stem Separator?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is UVR5 The Best Stem Separator?

https://ultimatevocalremover.com

I have Remix by Acon Digital, which works great for removing vocals and drums. Apple just released Logic Pro X v11, which seems to have a sweet stem separator. Many posters claim that UVR5 is "miles ahead of others." I'm downloading to try. Any thoughts on UVR5 and other options out there?

Garageband is free and lets you record tracks separately !
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:10 pm Garageband is free and lets you record tracks separately !
:hyper:

Just recently compared RipX, Izotope RX, and Acon Remix. On the material I tested, they ranked in that order, with RipX being the best of the three by a good bit.

kidslow wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:33 am Just recently compared RipX, Izotope RX, and Acon Remix. On the material I tested, they ranked in that order, with RipX being the best of the three by a good bit.
Is RipX some kind of DAW-ish thing or standalone app for stem separation? I couldn't figure it out by their site.

Steinberg Spectralayers is really good
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

UVR is for sure the best Ive found for regular vocal extraction/instrumental.
But do download the 'pro' models. They are free.
Ive seen combination workflows that are absolute perfection, but I get lazy and just using one pass of the VR Architecture, 4_HP_Vocal-UVR is pretty fuckin amazing usually.
Also, its way faster than it used to be.
ImageImageImageImage

What exactly do we download to get this going?

Theres a 'Download Center' in the app.
I think there might be some free key to put in to get the download going..
Yea, they give them away;
https://www.patreon.com/posts/vip-model-code-69522478

The way it combines models is very weird and powerful.
It can do a LOT with a few controls. Worth googling anything particular.
Last edited by highkoo on Thu May 16, 2024 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

UVR, like many open sources, seem a little fluid . . . not solid with downloads, installs, and interfaces. I felt this way about NAM for a while, too.

UVR5 is a big download of 1.5GB and has various compatibility issues so getting it to open may not be easy, but he is upfront about it:
https://github.com/Anjok07/ultimatevoca ... s/tag/v5.6
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Install was very normal for me on Win10.
I was annoyed I could only download the models through the app, because my daw is offline...
But its just a file. So I could download and move it to my daw install no prob.
Its been kind of end game for vocal extraction for me. I dont need perfect, and this is so far ahead of what I did for years...

For real, it kind of changes how I listen for samples...
Before, all the available tools were in my head, and some tracks are just built in a way that no acapella or whatever can ever be clean enough to use, so its off the mental table. But now, almost nothing is off the table.
Rx was dope, RipX was great, this is amazing.
Only thing I would like is very clear ideas of what models and what combos of models might do what. Id prob experiment with more than just vocals+full instrumentals with it if there was direction for different material.
Other downside is that I want to remix tracks I did years ago with dodgy acapella rips lol
ImageImageImageImage

Is there a set of links (including models or whatever else is needed) and instructions to assure proper install for Mac?

Im not sure on Mac, but it couldnt have been much easier on PC.
A couple free clicks and it was ready to go.
Just get the code from that patreon link above if you want it to download the extra models.
ImageImageImageImage

FL Studio has stem separation built in, not sure what the export features are like in the demo. Wouldnt be surprised if you can drag and drop them to save.

+1 for RipX being the best
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”