GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:12 pm Yes but Eric, I believe was saying he couldn't think of any modeled analog synth with wavetables
not surprising, wavetables arent analog. boomtish.

but, assuming he actually meant digital/analog hybrids like the OSCar, im surprised the PPG Wave v3 didnt occur to him, been around for even longer than impOSCar AFAIR.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:)
True..
rsp
sound sculptist

Sorry, poor form of me for asking such an open-ended question. I was just thinking that we should be making CPU comparisons between similar synths, and you're both right that SQ-80V and PPG Wave fit that bill.

Also, I was imagining ImpOSCar 3 as "Serum Vintage". Look, I'm not demanding you all to be able to read my mind but it sure would be helpful if you could. :pray:

OK, so I looked a bit deeper into why presets sound different, and it definitely has something to do with how the new user waves translate. impOSCar 2 gives you 24 partials. impOSCar 3 gives you 48. impOSCar 2 gives you 16 bit precision when drawing partials, where I can't even tell the resolution of 3, as it's just a seamless fader. When I visually tried matching the two up as best I could, I was able to make v3 sound similar to v2, and I probably could have gotten closer, but I didn't feel like spending more time on it. I'd like there to be a way to set 3 to have the same wave resolution of 2 so there could be a 1:1 translation.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Did somebody contact or ask them about wavetable import?
I just wrote something like - i hesitate about i3 ,do you plan to upgrade it with wavetable import ?
Hope to answer yes :)
Like new gui better and these double filters are very nice and useful.
Very promising synth, if developer continue to upgrade, will squeeze more money from users.
Hybrid retro/modern synth idea is dope.

Did GF answered anyone if they can and want to optimize CPU usage?

Are you sure they can replicate the cpu usage?
I beta tested this and I didn't experience any and didn't hear of any such reports.

(I am not saying that some people aren't experiencing it)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 pm Are you sure they can replicate the cpu usage?
I beta tested this and I didn't experience any and didn't hear of any such reports.
rsp
I'm not experiencing significant CPU hits on my less powered computer either. Asked if there were specific patches I could run to see that, but no one offered any that I've seen.

Massive X is one of best sounding synths ever imo,but...no wavetable import,no love and growing popularity.
So many improvements and most important isn't there.
Miss any logic.
Same with Imposcar 3.

BBFG# wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:03 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 pm Are you sure they can replicate the cpu usage?
rsp
I'm not experiencing significant CPU hits on my less powered computer either. Asked if there were specific patches I could run to see that, but no one offered any that I've seen.
I too asked for patch examples and if any were given I missed it.
rsp
sound sculptist

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:03 pm Massive X is one of best sounding synths ever imo,but...no wavetable import,no love and growing popularity.
Miss any logic.
Same with Imposcar 3.
I think Massive's bigger problem is the preset browser and how it limits the user from tagging their own patches and third party banks.
I haven't seen much request for Wavetables import in Massive X.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:06 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:03 pm Massive X is one of best sounding synths ever imo,but...no wavetable import,no love and growing popularity.
Miss any logic.
Same with Imposcar 3.
I think Massive's bigger problem is the preset browser and how it limits the user from tagging their own patches and third party banks.
I haven't seen much request for Wavetables import in Massive X.
rsp
There must be reason not to get popularity of Serum,despite imho it sounds better and it's more unique,not to mention,that after Vital,not many people are willing to pay full price for a limited synth.
Can't understand what developers think when start developing a synth,why doesn't make a research or something,always after release there is hundreds of complains and requests...

Like I said, I haven't seen many requests for wavetables import for it, and kvr is not the world :).
I don't think that is the issue why Massive X hasn't become more popular.

For instance did the original MAssive which was/is exceedingly popular allow wavetable import? I don't think so.
Kvr is not the world.
rsp
sound sculptist

Serum had the support of one of the biggest EDM stars of all time. Simple as

yeah,but we are talking about different era - massive start something innovative and interesting,so massive x suppose to be kind of next step,but...serum develop wavetable manipulation further,then vital add something else ,so after 15-16 years of synth development demands and offers are different and honestly the price is high - for 199 euro man can buy 4-5 really powerful synths if catch the discounts.
Back in 2013 when i start dealing with sound design Sylenth1 and Massive was most used and popular synths and imho to these days remain golden standard for pro sound,just people experiment more in any direction and need diverse tools.
I guess there is proper tool for any demands these days,just when man reach some point of understanding, needs more comfortable and convincing tools for the money...or i am just getting lazy :):):)

Return to “Instruments”