Toybox releases Buzz Zone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:54 am
CinningBao wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am ......

And there'll be a few preset packs (covering the more unusual features) for those who don't like twiddling knobs too much, but like previously unheard sounds :)
Yes... For me this is what has been holding me back from buying more of Toybox products, I am not a twiddler, just give me sounds that will inspire me.
rsp
In that case I'll get on it, quick smart! :)

I9 14900k, 32 Gb ram, rtx 4090 win 11, FL STudio 21 crazy cpu hot. Like almost 25 per preset.

I can help if You need David.

Love the synth but it is really cpu demanding. In my test it uses more cpu then SUMU.

Hope it can be fixed ♥️

Love the synth but it is really cpu demanding. In my test it uses more cpu then SUMU.
Yes, all of the modeling is very detailed, modulation is audio-rate etc so it can be pretty demanding on the CPU
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Wed May 22, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By the way all of the sounds in the trailer above are directly out of Buzz Zone with no additional effects. The glitchy sound effects were generated by 'mashing' the dice icon :)

When will the intro price end?

bharris22 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:55 pm When will the intro price end?
End of June

CinningBao wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am There's a deepdive video coming very soon
Hope so! Would love to check out the synth in the absence of a demo.

Does anyone here know what the "Framesize" parameter does in Buzz Zone? In Thump One it did wonderful things to the wave forms, in Buzz Zone I hear no change when fiddling with that parameter although it changes the waveform thumbnail in the position offset control.

HiEnergy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:00 am Does anyone here know what the "Framesize" parameter does in Buzz Zone? In Thump One it did wonderful things to the wave forms, in Buzz Zone I hear no change when fiddling with that parameter although it changes the waveform thumbnail in the position offset control.
The framesize parameter in Thump One is a hidden parameter (only accessible from the DAW automation list) that sets the number of samples to read for each frame of the wavetable, so changing that can create some cool, glitchy sounds! It's actually not currently connected in Buzz Zone, but I can do that maybe for the next update, that way you could use it to load wavetables with odd frame sizes (from the Waveedit app etc)

I made a NKS template for controlling this in Komplete Kontrol - don't have time to save the presets as NKS but I'll post an update if anyone does (personally I just need the control so I can make my own) - folder also contains full NKS for Thump One (both also have higher res assets for NKS2 on KK MkIII keyboards)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lfiqrice ... 2x0un&dl=0

Also made Bitwig Device Panels for this and Thump One

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7vldxrqz ... 99dxp&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9kjnlmj5 ... v3c6u&dl=0

Would be great to have CLAP versions of both though too

I got it, but I'm going to have to put it in storage until I get a new computer. It brings my creaky old i3 to its knees.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

It does have a lot of heavy-DSP inside, but we don't like compromises with sound. We haven't skimped on filter design and the tech inside the wavetable scanner is literally without compromise. Plus since both oscillators can cross-modulate each other, you can't really afford to use cheap DSP in those situations.

So even though BuzzZone might be weighty on your CPU, the sound is equally weighty!

We did a livestream last night with SonicScoop if you want an overview without having to buy it, and some nerd-talk about the thing itself here's the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYplh38_fzc

CinningBao wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:23 am So even though BuzzZone might be weighty on your CPU, the sound is equally weighty!
Well, yes and no. If I play more than one note the CPU overloads and all sounds stop. So I just think of it as having paid for Thump One. :wink:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Instruments”