How to: Delete PlugIn-Alliance Presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'd like to get rid of PA presets which comes with each plugin. I delete the preset files in each folder, but with re-loading the plugin in my DAW Logic they are back again. Someone told me, they are packed into the *.component and each time re-created again. Deleting isn't an option. I could withdraw rights management for the preset folder, so the component won't be able to re-create them there, but I do not want to get into trouble.
I opened the component with Pacifist if I could hack around, but couldn*t find the presets.

Any idea is welcome!

Why? Just leave them there 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I have good reasons to delete them. That is why I wrote a text, logged in and submitted it here. ;-)

Ooh, so mysterious...

Workflow is the key: PA-presets are installed into the LogicPro preset manager. Imagine you're in your workflow, you know which tool will fix a problem, you open it up, look for your presets and boom: you first see a list with 30 presets you never touch. Theses are the factory ones I want to have deleted forever.

Sounds more like a Logic problem then.

Sir Hannes wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 am I have good reasons to delete them. That is why I wrote a text, logged in and submitted it here. ;-)
It would have been more fruitful if you had submitted it to proper support channels for the actual products.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I understand you. I have this issue with other developers too that's why I thought it is the best idea to put it in the Effects forum.

Return to “Effects”