VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:25 pm The quality of the sounds in these expansions is most often absolutely premium. This is excellently crafted sounds...
Yeah, these are excellently crafted sounds, but f*cked-up by embedded chord progressions.

Excellent crafted, premium sound quality are all very well, but there are other things like cringe and cliché. Those also have to be removed from the sound, although that's the problem when you're copying the style and sound of the best in their class, because it's copying and not innovative.
<list your stupid gear here>

So is preview only available for presets in libraries produced after Factory 2?

Stan Navi wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 pm So is preview only available for presets in libraries produced after Factory 2?
You can create a preview for everything by right clicking on the pack browser and selecting update audio preview

egbert101 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 pm Excellent crafted, premium sound quality are all very well, but there are other things like cringe and cliché. Those also have to be removed from the sound, although that's the problem when you're copying the style and sound of the best in their class, because it's copying and not innovative.
Well, Fat of the Land / Smack my bitch up was essentially samples... Totally destroyed, shopped and f**ked up samples... And it is about one of the most ground breaking, genre defining, track of the 90s....

So I wouldn't pay too much attention to copying sounds... As long as you make them yours... There is nothing wrong with any source in my view. Samples, presets or sound crafted by me from A to Z, layering of the 3 first categories, anything as long as I like the result and I have fun...

ChanceB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:16 pm
Stan Navi wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 pm So is preview only available for presets in libraries produced after Factory 2?
You can create a preview for everything by right clicking on the pack browser and selecting update audio preview
Damn !!! I knew it! And I forgot it!
Thanks for the reminder mate !!

Great, thanks! :tu:

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:52 pm
Damn !!! I knew it! And I forgot it!
Thanks for the reminder mate !!
:)

Stan Navi wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:05 pm
Great, thanks! :tu:
:)

msvs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:00 pm but that is what customers want
Well you're the boss. But I suspect if you drill down to the non-EDM audience buying the non-EDM-centric XPs, you might find a different story.

As I say, sure - have a handful. They're fun and make brilliant demos. But they are functionally near-useless for serious work, and the resources would be far better used elsewhere imo.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:49 pm
egbert101 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:39 pm Excellent crafted, premium sound quality are all very well, but there are other things like cringe and cliché. Those also have to be removed from the sound, although that's the problem when you're copying the style and sound of the best in their class, because it's copying and not innovative.
Well, Fat of the Land / Smack my bitch up was essentially samples... Totally destroyed, shopped and f**ked up samples... And it is about one of the most ground breaking, genre defining, track of the 90s....

So I wouldn't pay too much attention to copying sounds... As long as you make them yours... There is nothing wrong with any source in my view. Samples, presets or sound crafted by me from A to Z, layering of the 3 first categories, anything as long as I like the result and I have fun...
I kinda get your point that things are what you make them, but the prodigy purposely sourced and used used samples though. This is a synth. Imagine if I went out and bought a new guitar, hit a string and it played 16 bars of Smoke on the Water?

m-ac wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm Imagine if I went out and bought a new guitar, hit a string and it played 16 bars of Smoke on the Water?
:) You'll need to buy some chord expansions!

I don't really see the problem. Atmospherica 2 has a total of 9 presets in the Sequences category, which are the push button songs in question, a small fraction of the content in the expansion. They're just inspiration for how you might use the style of sounds in the pack, that's all. Kind of like the YouTube demos, in preset form, which can be more useful. They can help you figure out what key you want to work in bc it's so easy to transpose the whole arrangement up and down, or you can use the individual building blocks, bc every one of those push button songs contains patches and arps and seqs and chord progressions that can easily be used outside of the push button song. I don't see the downside.

hey212 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:13 pm I don't really see the problem. Atmospherica 2 has a total of 9 presets in the Sequences category, which are the push button songs in question, a small fraction of the content in the expansion. They're just inspiration for how you might use the style of sounds in the pack, that's all. Kind of like the YouTube demos, in preset form, which can be more useful. They can help you figure out what key you want to work in bc it's so easy to transpose the whole arrangement up and down, or you can use the individual building blocks, bc every one of those push button songs contains patches and arps and seqs and chord progressions that can easily be used outside of the push button song. I don't see the downside.
9 Presets? At least half of them! Load any preset with (arp) name extension and try to play some minor/major chords on your MIDI keyboard. Good luck.

P.S Just to make it clear: the video below shows an example of the proper interaction between arps and chords being played (second half of the video shows the MIDI keyboard).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLuivdpTRD8
Last edited by robert_p on Thu May 23, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Are we talking about the push button songs or are we talking about arps? The push button songs often have drums and several melodic layers, very different than a single arp. If you don't like the arps, they have an off button, then they're just normal playable patches.

Return to “Instruments”