Increment Current Value?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I want to have a button that increments a current value by one. Seems like an easy thing to do, but I can't get it to work. In the screenshot below, the value is incremented by one, but it doesn't increment beyond that. I think I need to get the current value somehow. Any suggestions?
increment.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just to be clear, are you wanting the value to increment every time [User 1] (which I assume is a button) sends an event? So the first press shows 1, the second 2, then 3, then 4, etc?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes sir, that is correct. The part I can't get my head around is determining what the current value is. If the current value is six, I want to increment to 7. I don't want to start from 0 each time. It seems like there must be a way to query the machine. (I'm working on a control panel using system exclusive)

There may be a simpler approach: The front panel of the DSP4000 has two buttons labeled USER1 and USER2. USER1 increments the program number and USER2 decrements the program number. According to the Eventide documentation, USER1 and USER2 have the sysex assignments show in the screenshot below.
user.png
The problem I have is those two commands don't appear to do anything. As shown in the following screenshot, I have configured two buttons with the documented commands. I can see the activity light on my midi interface light up when I click the buttons in the panel, but the DSP4000 does nothing, nor do I see any sysex activity in MidiView.
user2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FWIW, I posted a question about the above over on the Eventide forums: https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/to ... er2-sysex/
My guess is I'm doing something wrong and will hopefully find out soon.

bigbot wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:57 am I want to have a button that increments a current value by one.
The Architect manual illustrates a "counter" macro that you can probably adapt for your needs.

Thanks drohnee! I'll take a look!

bigbot wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:42 pm There may be a simpler approach: The front panel of the DSP4000 has two buttons labeled USER1 and USER2. USER1 increments the program number and USER2 decrements the program number. According to the Eventide documentation, USER1 and USER2 have the sysex assignments show in the screenshot below.
user.png
The problem I have is those two commands don't appear to do anything. As shown in the following screenshot, I have configured two buttons with the documented commands. I can see the activity light on my midi interface light up when I click the buttons in the panel, but the DSP4000 does nothing, nor do I see any sysex activity in MidiView.
user2.png
Download the editor I made for the integra , everything is in there to get you started .
Increment and decrement can be achieved with a counter , increment with a negative value = decrement , +1 = increment .
This variable has to be put into a template module($1,$2 etc for variables ) with the correct sysex info .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”