Anyone sampled some "Elektron Analog Rytm" Techno kicks?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Was just watching Wehbba and he got a really nice kick out of Analog Rytm. I wonder if anyone has sampled some nice kicks from it, I don't mind paying if they are good.

Couldn't find any good sampled packs and the machine is like 1.8k£ :hug:

(1:25)
You can hear it here: https://youtu.be/h4NVvWFDaPg?feature=shared&t=83

I have one, although no I have never specifically sampled it.

Tbh, you're not going to get anything out of Rytm samples that you can't already get out of the 1000s of other sample packs already available. The kicks are nice, but like most analog machines, most of them are super beefy on the low-end—like way too much and they require a lot of mixing/taming. The "magic" of this kick in this video is more in the way he processed it, rather than the source it came from.

But side note, just in case you're not aware, there are 7 or 8 different kick "machines" in the Rytm which produce wildly different sounds.

sockofgold wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 pm I have one, although no I have never specifically sampled it.

Tbh, you're not going to get anything out of Rytm samples that you can't already get out of the 1000s of other sample packs already available. The kicks are nice, but like most analog machines, most of them are super beefy on the low-end—like way too much and they require a lot of mixing/taming. The "magic" of this kick in this video is more in the way he processed it, rather than the source it came from.

But side note, just in case you're not aware, there are 7 or 8 different kick "machines" in the Rytm which produce wildly different sounds.
Thanks for info, and yes I know it's mostly about processing, just wanted to play with some real analogue drums. :oops:

yousuckatresearching,

Korg Volca Kick
Korg Volca Beats
Behringer RD-9
Behringer RD-8
Behringer Edge

All good real analog drum machines or tools for very cheap prices.

https://youtu.be/BaLuT9knpYs

https://youtu.be/aTZwzD5Rn3Q
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<list your stupid gear here>

isuckatproducing wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:04 am Couldn't find any good sampled packs and the machine is like 1.8k£ :hug:
That's the price for a new Analog RYTM mk2. He's using the out-of-production mk1, which can be purchased secondhand for a fraction of that price and is an excellent bargain.
sockofgold wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 pm Tbh, you're not going to get anything out of Rytm samples that you can't already get out of the 1000s of other sample packs already available.
Exactly, as much as I love my RYTM mk2, there's really nothing exceptional or genre-defining about the RYTM's kicks IMO. It's more about the whole package and how the different engines work with the Elektron sequencer. Honestly, if you want some killer techno kicks, I'd suggest looking for samples of Jomox kicks (e.g., from the MBase, AlphaBase, etc.). Jomox is pretty much synonymous with techno.
sockofgold wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 pm But side note, just in case you're not aware, there are 7 or 8 different kick "machines" in the Rytm which produce wildly different sounds.
Not to mention that it can play back/layer your own samples for a virtually unlimited range of sounds.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm Not to mention that it can play back/layer your own samples for a virtually unlimited range of sounds.
Very true! I often just mute the synth engines and use it to beef up samples from my TR8S with the analog overdrive.

And while we're on the topic of relatively low-cost fully analog drum machines, add DrumBrute Impact to that list.

I guess I will stick to D16 drum machines and Kick 2/Big Kick for now. Not really into buying any hardware for now.

isuckatproducing wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:24 pm Thanks for info, and yes I know it's mostly about processing, just wanted to play with some real analogue drums. :oops:
Fair enough, I understand that. If it's not in the budget to pick up any of the lower-cost (but still great) drum machines mentioned in this thread, Goldbaby and Samples from Mars have superb collections of analog drum samples (although I'm not aware of any Rytm packs).

sockofgold wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:36 pm
cryophonik wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm Not to mention that it can play back/layer your own samples for a virtually unlimited range of sounds.
Very true! I often just mute the synth engines and use it to beef up samples from my TR8S with the analog overdrive.
I just got a TR-8S a couple of weeks ago and need to try this soon. Maybe we should team up on a TRYTM-8S sample pack! :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

egbert101 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:50 pm yousuckatresearching,

Korg Volca Kick
Korg Volca Beats
Behringer RD-9
Behringer RD-8
Behringer Edge

All good real analog drum machines or tools for very cheap prices.

https://youtu.be/BaLuT9knpYs

https://youtu.be/aTZwzD5Rn3Q
And you suck at reading, no one asked for analog drum machine recommendations or how to make kicks.

Well, I had the day off today and took a little time to do some real quick sampling on mine.

The cleaned up samples and the source Reaper project can be download here:
https://mega.nz/folder/k44VwZhB#oXjBM6AoLqT0gF7m1mSPCg

I put a lot of notes in the README, so be sure to take a peek at that (I don't want to re-type it all here). The short version:

- They are separated into folders based on the "machine" used, and the "OD" prefix means I added just a touch of the analog overdrive to that set.
- I tried to capture a decent mix of short and long samples, but some are harder to sample because they really require tweaking to taste (FM and Plastic, most notably).
- If you're looking for samples similar to the video, you're going to want to try the Hard, Classic, and Sharp machines.
- Don't sleep on Silky! They might sound weak in isolation, but they actually sound great in a mix, especially if you're doing something a bit lighter like Ambient Techno, Dub Techno, etc

This was a quick sampling project, so don't expect anything on the level of the Goldbaby or Samples From Mars, but hopefully it will satisfy the craving for some analog kick samples!

I have a sample set with 32 kits from the RYTM:

https://www.jrrshop.com/jrr-sounds-swed ... sample-set

sockofgold wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:19 pm Well, I had the day off today and took a little time to do some real quick sampling on mine.

I put a lot of notes in the README, so be sure to take a peek at that (I don't want to re-type it all here). The short version:

- They are separated into folders based on the "machine" used, and the "OD" prefix means I added just a touch of the analog overdrive to that set.
- I tried to capture a decent mix of short and long samples, but some are harder to sample because they really require tweaking to taste (FM and Plastic, most notably).
- If you're looking for samples similar to the video, you're going to want to try the Hard, Classic, and Sharp machines.
- Don't sleep on Silky! They might sound weak in isolation, but they actually sound great in a mix, especially if you're doing something a bit lighter like Ambient Techno, Dub Techno, etc

This was a quick sampling project, so don't expect anything on the level of the Goldbaby or Samples From Mars, but hopefully it will satisfy the craving for some analog kick samples!
Thanks a lot some nice samples in there. :clap: :hug:

sockofgold wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:19 pm Well, I had the day off today and took a little time to do some real quick sampling on mine.

Also one question, there are 2 folders, one with loops and one with one shot samples, are these the same?

I have an original RYTM, and during Lockdown I sampled every factory preset (one-shots & loops) and made an Ableton Drum Rack with them. It's laid out similarly to the pads on the hardware. I planned to set up the macros as closely to the Electrons effects as possible, but using Live's FX. I haven't finished doing that yet, so not sure when it'll be available to download. Will be sure to announce it on KVR, Rekkerd, BPB, etc when I release it :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”