Novation Vstation activation problem and free alternative suggestions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Novartion V-Station was brilliant and I used the hard presets the most.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

It's not only V-Station, it's also Bass Station and Midnight Plugin Suite. I can't believe it's so expensive to keep the goddamn license server. Big FU Novation - you won't see a single cent from me again. What a joke

novation answer :"due to the current critical issues found with the plugin and the activation system, it is no longer possible to activate V-Station on a modern operating system.
Any old activations of V-Station will still work, however, no new activations are supported."

so on old computers, activation should work...?

I asked novation for a v-station without activation
"I have fed your comments back to the Product Management team for their consideration. If we are able to release a version that doesn't require activation in the future, we will let you know."
let's hope

glokraw wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:14 am Hi, BleCat's Connector utility is desingned to receive audio over the network from one's other computers, or collaborators. I think it's not difficult, so your win 7 (V-Station) setup output could be received by the laptop

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... Connector/

3rd-party video:

https://youtu.be/T-x1VoqOqag

https://youtu.be/Wzv9IdNcxHM

They also have 'Freeceiver', might be a light free version, and their free plugin suite is excellent.
Hope this helps!
I have two computers i produce on so this is perfect! :)
Energy XT3 - FL Studio 21 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - Variety of Sound

akira2 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:48 am novation answer :"due to the current critical issues found with the plugin and the activation system, it is no longer possible to activate V-Station on a modern operating system.
Any old activations of V-Station will still work, however, no new activations are supported."

so on old computers, activation should work...?
What they mean with that last sentence is that on computers which already have an activated V-Station license the plugin will remain working.

That remark about "a modern operating system" is nonsense with regards to Windows 10 and 11. The activation has always worked fine on my latest Windows computers.
They may be speaking of macOS though which has a tendency to break stuff with new releases and keep developers on their toes.
akira2 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:48 am I asked novation for a v-station without activation
"I have fed your comments back to the Product Management team for their consideration. If we are able to release a version that doesn't require activation in the future, we will let you know."
let's hope
Thanks for asking.

Woah i hope they fix this, I upgrade laptops all the time. now I got to go Render some projects that use Novation plugins sigh.

I used to make a backup of my autorisation files for the pkugin i use...sad it is lock to machine because i have a back up for every novation plugin i own.Beware cracked plugin are commng from 'pirates' i m pretty sure it hide (ofen) a way to RCE.
**dark music for dark lovers**

gelly-vapor wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:43 pm I used to make a backup of my autorisation files for the pkugin i use...sad it is lock to machine because i have a back up for every novation plugin i own.Beware cracked plugin are commng from 'pirates' i m pretty sure it hide (ofen) a way to RCE.
I use laptops cause I'm mobile with my productions so i can't risk using cracked plugins that may hurt my setup. I prefer supporting Dev's who use Key files with my personal info baked in or serial numbers but sometimes i get got cause some Dev's like to play hide and seek with their copy protection or miss label them. I have an old focusrite 18i6 that's how i started using their products i didn't see this coming since they were a big company.

surreal wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:08 am So this is the official answer via email that came back from Novation's support guys

"I've just had a response from the Novation Technical Support Lead regarding this, and it is not good news I'm afraid to say.

They said that as the plugins are no longer under development support, and haven't been for a number of years, we became aware of compatibility issues on modern operating systems (unsolvable) so took the decision to stop activation support. Due to the incompatibility, there is no work around that we are able to offer here.

I'm sorry that this is not the outcome you were looking for. If you have any questions regarding this, or there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Best Regards,"

so that is the end of this quest of V-Station by novation
I'd bet this would run just fine on Linux through WINE and yabridge, if you had the older version that doesn't use challenge/response authentication (like I have). This is just another example of why I use serial number copy protection.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

xenophobic wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:00 pm
gelly-vapor wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:43 pm I used to make a backup of my autorisation files for the pkugin i use...sad it is lock to machine because i have a back up for every novation plugin i own.Beware cracked plugin are commng from 'pirates' i m pretty sure it hide (ofen) a way to RCE.
I use laptops cause I'm mobile with my productions so i can't risk using cracked plugins that may hurt my setup. I prefer supporting Dev's who use Key files with my personal info baked in or serial numbers but sometimes i get got cause some Dev's like to play hide and seek with their copy protection or miss label them. I have an old focusrite 18i6 that's how i started using their products i didn't see this coming since they were a big company.
I had to change my soundcard a few weeks ago , i was hesitating between arturia soundcard and focusrite.i decided to buy the arturia...i feel lucky now
**dark music for dark lovers**

FYI, the last serial. Umber version of the plugin was v.1.7 from 2012. IIRC, the only change made for version 2.0 was the challenge/response authorization, IIRC.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

so they couldn't just make those versions the give-aways?

I personally believe that they purposely added the C/R so that they would have an escape plan for when they no longer want the responsibility of supporting it.

but then why give them away just to take them away again? seems a good way to make badwill. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”