Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

mothra wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:50 pm
audiouser720 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 am No need to download the manual. It doesn’t have the stretch algorithm. It has a stretch feature, but it’s not the authentic algorithm like in Amigooos
Doesn't have the 'algorithm' but it has a 'feature' huh? You've obviously never used it either.

Regardless of whether or not its the actual Akai algorithm, the time stretching/pitch shifting works exactly the same in TAL as it does in Amigo, and sounds just about exactly the same too. It nails the 90s jungle pitch shift/time stretching sound just the same.

Not sure why everyone feels the need to bother the dev with adding something that wasn't intended for the sampler, when we already have it elsewhere.
Well, it doesn’t sound the same or as good to me, so I’ve sold it sincse I have amigos. Plus the workflow is so much quicker. I also don’t want anything to add to amigo and also not bothering the dev. Perfectly happy here

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:25 am
Beyond this, Amigo is not an authentic emulation of the Amiga, Paula Chip, or even Akai s950 for that matter. It's very much "inspired".
It may not be authentic, but it sure sounds and feels authentic, so great job.

Looking forward to new features (especially slice polyphony).

mothra wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:50 pm
audiouser720 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 am No need to download the manual. It doesn’t have the stretch algorithm. It has a stretch feature, but it’s not the authentic algorithm like in Amigooos
Doesn't have the 'algorithm' but it has a 'feature' huh? You've obviously never used it either.

Regardless of whether or not its the actual Akai algorithm, the time stretching/pitch shifting works exactly the same in TAL as it does in Amigo, and sounds just about exactly the same too. It nails the 90s jungle pitch shift/time stretching sound just the same.

Not sure why everyone feels the need to bother the dev with adding something that wasn't intended for the sampler, when we already have it elsewhere.
You condescending prick. Is it so demeaning to answer a simple question without trying so hard to come off as sardonic?

I-Quit wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:41 pm You condescending prick. Is it so demeaning to answer a simple question without trying so hard to come off as sardonic?
I don't know is it? You tell me??

Is it so hard to quit being a lazy moron and actually read a manual once in awhile?

mothra wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:56 pm
I-Quit wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:41 pm You condescending prick. Is it so demeaning to answer a simple question without trying so hard to come off as sardonic?

Is it so hard to quit being a lazy moron and actually read a manual once in awhile?
You are right. I was perhaps a bit rough. It's just that petty comments from a 48 year old bum that's living in a fictional H.P. Lovecraft city don't have the desired edge. f**k off in kangaroo jumps.
Last edited by I-Quit on Sat May 25, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I’m imagining a sample of that last post with the Akai-style timestretch and the speed slowing right down, like Armand Van Helen’s Spin Spin Suuuuugaaaaaaar.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:27 pm I’m imagining a sample of that last post with the Akai-style timestretch and the speed slowing right down, like Armand Van Helen’s Spin Spin Suuuuugaaaaaaar.
Sorry for spoiling it with the edit, my man. :/

I-Quit wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:32 pm
revvy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:27 pm I’m imagining a sample of that last post with the Akai-style timestretch and the speed slowing right down, like Armand Van Helen’s Spin Spin Suuuuugaaaaaaar.
Sorry for spoiling it with the edit, my man. :/
Lol, yea, it worked better with the original post than the edit :)

If I could turn back the clock I'd also write Helden instead of Helen...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

mothra wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:56 pm

TL;DR
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Lol
Evidently, Armand van Helen is Armand van Helden’s wife

Amigo brought me back to the old days of trackers and jungle breaks, so much joy!
I have one small feature request. When we slice a breakbeat, very often there are snippets of the next beat. Sometimes you can move the start/marker of the next beat to fix it. But many times it is impossible, because it would cause timing problems. In trackers it could be fixed by doing micro fade out of the end of a sample in a sample editor. Since Amigo does slicing in dynamic way, it is impossible to do manual micro fadeouts of each slice.
Maybe there could be an option to do 10-20 ms fade out at the end of a slice, independent from general amplification envelope? Thanks in advance for consideration!

A new audio demo for AGA Amiga states:

"Very high quality translates" to: 2 true stereo channels, 14 bit resolution and 70937.9 Hz sample rate. While the first two parameters are common on the Amiga, the third one is not: it is widely known that the Paula chip can play samples at
almost 29 or 58 kHz in normal or doublescan screenmodes, respectively, but frequencies above those are at least unusual. It is also common knowledge that Paula supports higher frequencies when, instead of fetching the samples from the
CHIP RAM through its DMA channels, it passively receives them from the CPU - and that is what happens in Hertz Overload.
Such playback method is extremely CPU intensive, as it requires the CPU to feed Paula with samples regularly and frequently; therefore, it has been rarely (or maybe never?) used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zDJEW_2qT0
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

How do we get back on the mailing list to be alerted about updates?

A FR for slicing: chronogical note mapping; mapping of slice to notes in the order they are added, not in sample time order. Alternatively it could be named first-free-note mapping.

The use case is when you have slices and already a lot of MIDI sequenced, then you find you want to add one or two more slices in middle parts of the sample but all the sequenced MIDI becomes useless because now they transposed. Note mapping in slices in the order they are added keeps the MIDI stable.

Same case when removing a slice, the note would be left unmapped. The next added note would fill the leftmost unmapped note.

This is my biggest problem when slicing in Redux.

Just a heads up (if you didn't get an email from them) that the new PotenzaDSP website is live, including a newsletter signup and a user account system. You have to re-purchase any plugins (they sent me a coupon to make them free) to get the plugins into your account.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Instruments”