Arturia V Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dumb question here. If I have Arturia V Collection X, can I delete V Collection 9? My Mac mini is running out of storage space in a hurry. TIA!

Yes. I’d probably uninstall everything and reinstall x, although maybe that’s not necessary but Arturia stuff takes up a crazy amount of space mostly with image files because of the way they do the GUI’s. Or get an external drive for it. V collection 9 and effects 4 take up tons of space on my drive and I barely use them. They also install duplicate vst and vst3’s into the Arturia folder in addition to the ones in the plugin folder,which isn’t helpful but I suppose they are for the standalone apps

The Mini V and the Wurli V were redone. If you have any projects that make use of them from version 9 they will sound different if they work at all on the new version

But for everything it won't matter much and the instruments that were in 9 are also in X and they are not different versions and are not reinstalled

Meaning the Jupiter 8 that you installed as part of 9 is not downloaded and installed again as part of X

IvyBirds wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:39 pm The Mini V and the Wurli V were redone. If you have any projects that make use of them from version 9 they will sound different if they work at all on the new version

But for everything it won't matter much and the instruments that were in 9 are also in X and they are not different versions and are not reinstalled

Meaning the Jupiter 8 that you installed as part of 9 is not downloaded and installed again as part of X
I completely forgot about the backwards compatibility part.

Thank you, Chancell and IvyBirds, for replying. I got an external SSD and put V Collection on there with some other collections. So far it's working well. I redownloaded all the instruments I needed to on the external drive. I really am wishing I had gotten more internal storage space when I had the chance. Hindsight. Oh well. Thanks again!

Return to “Instruments”