VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

hey212 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:39 pm Are we talking about the push button songs or are we talking about arps? The push button songs often have drums and several melodic layers, very different than a single arp. If you don't like the arps, they have an off button, then they're just normal playable patches.
I do like arps. See my PS above.

For me, anything that is sounded melodically or harmonically that I didn't play, and also for me the push button songs with drums and the sequences that I play one note or chord and it then gives me a whole chord progression etc.
But I like arps too, that are, well arps, not the generative arps..:)
It gets tricky to fully describe..
And some become Gray Areas for me.
But in Vengeance Parlance it is definitely the SEQ patches and a few of the ARP patches.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:15 pm For me, anything that is sounded melodically or harmonically that I didn't play, and also for me the push button songs with drums and the sequences that I play one note or chord and it then gives me a whole chord progression etc.
But in Vengeance Parlance it is definitely the SEQ patches and a few of the ARP patches.

rsp
Yeah. For me arps are like musicians playing rhythmically the notes of a chord progression that I'm playing on the keyboard. Then comes Manuel, and asks them to play his chords instead. WTF? :)

m-ac wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm I kinda get your point that things are what you make them, but the prodigy purposely sourced and used used samples though. This is a synth. Imagine if I went out and bought a new guitar, hit a string and it played 16 bars of Smoke on the Water?
Well that would be a neat trick on the beach around a fire....

robert_p wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:41 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:15 pm For me, anything that is sounded melodically or harmonically that I didn't play, and also for me the push button songs with drums and the sequences that I play one note or chord and it then gives me a whole chord progression etc.

rsp
Yeah. For me arps are like musicians playing rhythmically the notes of a chord progression that I'm playing on the keyboard. Then comes Manuel, and asks them to play his chords instead. WTF? :)
He he, kind of agree on this one pal...

I think that if VPS was selling the expansions with sounds and no sequences, no ARPS for say, 2% discount, most of us would buy this option instead.

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:28 am
robert_p wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:41 pm

rsp
He he, kind of agree on this one pal...

I think that if VPS was selling the expansions with sounds and no sequences, no ARPS for say, 2% discount, most of us would buy this option instead.
Honestly, I would pay 2% more to ditch the band in a box crap.

I think Manuel and Rene done an amazing job. Now days with IA getting more and more advance we got new IA in Logic Pro 11 and nobody is complaining. I take advantage of the technology make you more efficient and it will get more and more advance I take it as a tool. All these Expansion if you halftime and chop the samples make a great trap beat

100tifiko wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 am All these Expansion if you halftime and chop the samples make a great trap beat
Sure, you can buy a table and cut it up into a bench...or just buy a bench if that's what you need. From my undersanding, Atmospherica2 supposed to be a Synth Sound Expansion - not a sample pack or construction kit.

no: Atmospherica, Cinematic Loops and Melancholia always were and always will be loop packs, or very flexible construction kits - or however you wish to describe them. Btw, we are not the only creator of loop packs in the industry, so were is a problem? If some KVR people want to do their own playable sounds, then please do. Its not that you need that expansion, or ANY expansion to operate Avenger. They are optional. And furthermore: yes, doing this almost 25 years now, we know our audiences and our sales. These expansions work. You can say in a nutshell, whatever the KVR opinion is, the reality is very likely the opposite :) There are tons of people, who want to quickly create media tracks for their videos, background music or just make own tracks but with loops. (hey, its better than using a KI (at least at the moment))

For those whiners who have a weird obsession with playable patches, Simon Stockhausen does have Maelstrom out next month - pre-order for €38 https://www.patchpool.net/avenger_maelstrom.html
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:21 am no: Atmospherica, Cinematic Loops and Melancholia always were and always will be loop packs, or very flexible construction kits - or however you wish to describe them. Btw, we are not the only creator of loop packs in the industry, so were is a problem? If some KVR people want to do their own playable sounds, then please do. Its not that you need that expansion, or ANY expansion to operate Avenger. They are optional. And furthermore: yes, doing this almost 25 years now, we know our audiences and our sales. These expansions work. You can say in a nutshell, whatever the KVR opinion is, the reality is very likely the opposite :) There are tons of people, who want to quickly create media tracks for their videos, background music or just make own tracks but with loops. (hey, its better than using a KI (at least at the moment))
That's fine, I don't blame you for the fact that Atmospherica2 doesn't meet my expectations - it seems that you're on the same market as NI with their Maschine Expansions (which IMO are even more flexible and resource friendly). I'm happy for you that you have such a wide audience and glad to hear your sales are doing well. Peronally, I prefer playable patches and I already have more than enough of them - Avenger isn't the only product I use, so it's not the end of the world. :)

msvs wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:21 am ...
You can say in a nutshell, whatever the KVR opinion is, the reality is very likely the opposite :)
Ha ha, I agree so much...

By the way while we were debating about loop or not loop in the extensions, I bought EDM4 and Dark.
They are great.

the existence of a unified and reality-defying 'KVR opinion', taking into account the amount of arguments and general lack of agreement on the forum, is a convenient nonsense.

folks express opinions, other folks counter them.

Anyway, long weekend on the way, enjoy your copyrighted loops/non-copyrighted loops/non-loops and hope the weather stays nice
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:43 am For those whiners who have a weird obsession with playable patches, Simon Stockhausen does have Maelstrom out next month - pre-order for €38 https://www.patchpool.net/avenger_maelstrom.html
Thanks for the mention :tu:

Return to “Instruments”