Do we need a proper musician?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds quite nice. The Pads and the athmospheric stuff are good :) The Variation of tempo and loudness are very expressive.

But you should get some musically experienced guy to play these piano parts. They aren't bad at all and integrate rather good into your piece, but it would be nice if they varied a little more in terms of melody and harmonies... :wink:

cyanoise wrote:I got some really good tips from these posts, thanks everyone! Though I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue with music or going to find someone else to help with it, since there's so much to do besides music and not enough hours in a day. :cry:
Seriously, you're better off getting someone who's experienced in game audio, unless you plan on doing all the sound effects yourself too. Depends on how 'pressured' you are for time to get it out the door. People specialize in certain skills for a reason, but wearing multiple hats isn't a bad thing either, I've done it do on projects like you're doing.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

good lyrics devonB ! you should write a song !

that's totally true... some people got some very good skills to create etc...
ZgOgOr

zgogor wrote:good lyrics devonB ! you should write a song !

that's totally true... some people got some very good skills to create etc...
:help: What I miss?? :?: Lyrics?

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.

Well, i DID plan on doing all the sound effects too... :wink: But maybe I should do only the effects and let someone experienced musician do the music, since it's sooo slow for an amateur like me. I must ponder this more, there's no real hurry for the decision to be made since there's so much other things to do before. In a perfect world I would have enough time (and skills) to make everything myself, but now I just have to bite the bullet and constrain myself. :shock:

(I've taken the mp3 link off, thanks again to all who listened to it!)

cyanoise wrote:Well, i DID plan on doing all the sound effects too... :wink: But maybe I should do only the effects and let someone experienced musician do the music, since it's sooo slow for an amateur like me. I must ponder this more, there's no real hurry for the decision to be made since there's so much other things to do before. In a perfect world I would have enough time (and skills) to make everything myself, but now I just have to bite the bullet and constrain myself. :shock:

(I've taken the mp3 link off, thanks again to all who listened to it!)
How experienced are you with doing sound effects too? What gear do you have for recording? How much time do you have for tweaking sfx? How experienced are you with manipulating and layering audio to achieve the desired effect?

I can tell you from experience, there is a LOT of layering and tweaking to get things to work properly, and again, it's time consuming, esp if you're not familiar with the tools. I've done couple hundred sound effects before, it does take a lot of work and experimentation. Not impossible, but it does help to know the tools, and have the tools at your disposal.

I'm not discouraging you, but I am letting you know what kind of trouble you're getting yourself into. ;)

Devon

you can always try to go the easier sonicfoundry acid route. (o.k. sony now)

I haven't got any gear at the moment, but of course I have to burn some money if I'm going to make the effects. That's something I'm ready for, since in my opinion effects are even more important than the music. I haven't got any experience doing audio for a big project like this one, but I'm pretty confident I can handle it. I even have some training for stuff like that, and I know pretty well how game audio works.

I know it's going to be a lot of work, since there'll be hundreds and hundreds of effects needed, but it's also something I'm really interested in and looking forward to try my hands on. And there will be as much time to work as I need, at least I hope so. :)

Thanks for discouraging me anyway! :( :lol:

mauseoleum wrote:you can always try to go the easier sonicfoundry acid route. (o.k. sony now)
Hell no! I hate loops! :x :D

nobody's preventing you to use oneshots

cyanoise wrote:I haven't got any gear at the moment, but of course I have to burn some money if I'm going to make the effects. That's something I'm ready for, since in my opinion effects are even more important than the music. I haven't got any experience doing audio for a big project like this one, but I'm pretty confident I can handle it. I even have some training for stuff like that, and I know pretty well how game audio works.

I know it's going to be a lot of work, since there'll be hundreds and hundreds of effects needed, but it's also something I'm really interested in and looking forward to try my hands on. And there will be as much time to work as I need, at least I hope so. :)

Wait a minute...I know who you are...You´re...you´re BT...arghhhhhhh!!!!!!

:smack:

Everybody is talking about a track that's not there anymore? :shock: Not Fair! :evil:

Anyway, for nice free choirs check Sample Tank free http://www.sampletank.com/Main.html?STFreeDwn
instruments 20) and 17)

:wink:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

cyanoise wrote:I know it's going to be a lot of work, since there'll be hundreds and hundreds of effects needed, but it's also something I'm really interested in and looking forward to try my hands on. And there will be as much time to work as I need, at least I hope so. :)

:lol: I'm not discouraging you, just giving you the facts. It's time consuming, esp if you plan on having hundreds and hundreds of sfx. I've spent upwards of a few hours to make and tweak a single sound effect to work in context to the action. It is a lot of fun though! :D

Devon

Return to “Music Cafe”