Fender RockBand Controller Mod

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I was running the GK on my strat I had little issues. However I found it was much more responsive when placed between the middle and bridge pups. With the caveat that you'd have drop off when excessive bending happened because of the string moving past the hex pup.

I found that the RMC pups on my Godin guitars always had drop off (sustain cut off)

Roland GR series aren't really midi. It's sort of mpe but not really. In reality it's six channels of mono pseudo midi it will track fair in the box but terrible if you want to get midi out of the box and into other standard midi hardware or computers. Which puts you in the pickle of only using the gr box (30,33,55 etc) I grew to hate the roland sounds in the box.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I use the 6 audio streams (the hex pickup),
via a custom breakout box, into a soundcard
-and process those to attempt whatever I like.
I have a GI-20,
I found it deficiently analogous to a perfect machination,
it had some errors, particularly double notes
It should/could also employ 2 modes, trigger and slide
-which I did implement well, but I gave up when I got the Mad Catz Fender up

Mad Catz has infinite sustain on all but open notes

the GK pups will be louder if in the middle of the guitar,
delivering a clean sound, they r mini-buckers with a reasonably hi-fi amplifier
that has a low noise, not too bad

So the linnstrument.

If you have a basic foundation of how chords and scales work it's easier than learning keys it's also considerably more expressive than keys.

With guitar you generally learn five positions of a given scale and then you can transpose that to any key simply by finding the root. With keys there are all these little intricacies you have to learn for each key. With the linnstrument you learn three "Forms" for a scale one form dovetails into another form then into the third form. Or you could simply learn one form then shift laterally and use the same form again for a diagonal approach to the board. The first is my method and the second is Roger Linns approach.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7440663 ... 020724328/

Primary chords and inversions have three forms as well. Not all forms lend themselves to ease of one handed fingering. Develop your own sensibilities when working them out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7440663 ... 589099271/

You've got two camps. Those that love interdependent playing which is what most people gravitate to.

and those who have a more conservative pseudo piano approach where the left does what the left does and the right does what the right does. Mostly I find myself in the second camp though there are times when performing certain "Classical" movements I can't deny the
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I just transpose D to any key with MIDI
and try chords I like, and find new ones
I think harmony works best in the ratios
1:1.3333 and 1:1.5 ie. the 4th and 5th
then I use the interval of the fretboard

The Mustang is pretty cheap
approximately:
$275 aud guitar
$250 aud midi input port(soundcard) -this could obviously be done cheaper
$450 Windows computer
$35 MIDI lead

Hey I just got my 3rd mustang so far, its the Wii one and it was $45. Its awesome! I put a paper towel in the neck piece to eliminate crosstalk.

I wish I still had a korg entrancer video effects unit to make cool videos with. Those are expensive but worth it.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

did u try the 'open off' mod I wrote?
I am always playing the Squier, am atm

yah, I taped the tailpiece on the Mustang to make it less sensitive

nix808 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:12 pm yah, I taped the tailpiece on the Mustang to make it less sensitive
Are you referring to this?
nix808mustang.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yep,
I taped the strings together over a piece of pickguard,
and missing from that shot, I then taped the flat to the bridge cover
I wasn't having trouble with cross-talk,
it's simply a mute,
as I pick hard and deliberate
-it works for me
runbeer has another way to that that,
I think he is using the neck termination
I think whatever velocity sensor it is, it's in the bridge though from testing

I also need to figure out how to tape or paint well to do the fret dots,
so I can see at a glance where I am

I'll take a photo of the custom breakout for the GK3 today and up here

here's the mute and breakout
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah Nix I tried your standalone thing, I made a plugin called robotarms that sets note on time and has polyphony that I use also.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

it's nice we can work with these 2,
there are no mistakes, or nearly none,
out of the hardware

let me know if u want the schematics

Thank you for making Mustang midi mod program. Is there any way to filter out program change message ? So that we can use the program change button to change the patches.

sure, shouldn't take too long
-maybe I'll have it for you within a week

sorry,
I had upped a broken .exe,
fixing tonight

damn- the pitch buttons don't send any midi message
Last edited by nix808 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just downloaded at the time when you upped. I installed "vcredist_x64" before installing your program. It was working and program change problem solved with this edition. Thank you so much for the program. I just tried with Korg M1, Triton, Sofrozando ...every thing is working perfectly.
Last edited by lgtech6719 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Guitars”